***Official July 2019 thread***

...just curious: what park (or maybe not even visiting a park) does everyone plan on visiting for the 4th of July?
We are at Fort Wilderness that week. Our ticket package doesn't start until the next day. So we plan to watch the golf cart parade and then the fireworks from the beach, although nothing has been posted that I have seen recently.

Guys, just have to share my excitement. I found out that an old friend of mine will be at the July 4th dessert party. We've been online friends for almost 20 years and have never met in person. I cannot believe we will finally be in the same place!!!!

I also listened to the WDW Prep to Go Podcast and Shannon said she will also be there. Her site was the biggest help to me when I planned our first trip back in years. I hope I get to meet her!

So hopefully now I get to meet DISers, old friends, and a favorite blogger. I cannot wait!!!!
That's so cool! After many many DISMeets including our EPIC DIS Girls Trip last month with about 30 of us from here on the boards, I can attest to the fact that not only are DISMeets awesome but online friends can definitely become true friends :goodvibes

14 days!

I started packing up things for the hotel rooms and the car trip. I'll move on to beach gear this weekend. Can't pack too many clothes right now since we are wearing a lot of it now. I may get started on the Disney shirts and swim gear, though. :D

Finished making my ears for each park. (I cheat, I buy themed fabric, and re wrap/glue old puffy ears and I buy themed bows off etsy)
Made new Villains ears for DAH, and SW ears for SW dessert party/DAH. Made a light up light saber even and added it to my SW bow on my ears.. :)

Now I am just trying to figure my tp for each DAH.
MK is actually easier bcuz we are only focusing on fav rides, overlay rides and magic shots. End with show at 1, unless we can fit at 12.
I'd like to squeeze SDD atleast 1x during that DAH, but those waits are not great. :(
AK we are doing pretty much the exact plan we did in March. Adding Mickey/Minnie pic at 9 first tho, before the GSs fall asleep in their stroller.

Anyone have touring plans for DAH they want to share? :)

Finished making my ears for each park. (I cheat, I buy themed fabric, and re wrap/glue old puffy ears and I buy themed bows off etsy)
Made new Villains ears for DAH, and SW ears for SW dessert party/DAH. Made a light up light saber even and added it to my SW bow on my ears.. :)

MK is actually easier bcuz we are only focusing on fav rides, overlay rides and magic shots. End with show at 1, unless we can fit at 12.
I'd like to squeeze SDD atleast 1x during that DAH, but those waits are not great. :(
AK we are doing pretty much the exact plan we did in March. Adding Mickey/Minnie pic at 9 first tho, before the GSs fall asleep in their stroller.

Anyone have touring plans for DAH they want to share? :)

We did HS After Hours back in March, so we know what we want to do differently this time.

We have a FP for TSMM at 8pm, so we will ride close to 9 and then do TSL for that half hour between park close and the official start of the event. That's how we did it last time. The CMs had no problem letting us ride.

Then we plan to head out to ToT and RnR about about 10:30. I'd like to catch the new projection show, grab snacks, etc. We'll do whatever character meets we can/want and then head back to TSL for the last hour of the event.

We did HS After Hours back in March, so we know what we want to do differently this time.

We have a FP for TSMM at 8pm, so we will ride close to 9 and then do TSL for that half hour between park close and the official start of the event. That's how we did it last time. The CMs had no problem letting us ride.

Then we plan to head out to ToT and RnR about about 10:30. I'd like to catch the new projection show, grab snacks, etc. We'll do whatever character meets we can/want and then head back to TSL for the last hour of the event.

We did HS in March too, but that trip we were with my DD17's BFF who had never been to Disney, and she is a huge SW fan. So we did all the SW characters, Mickey/Minnie, and basically just 1 ride each on the rides. Oh, and SDD was down for the first part of the event, so not good...
I actually didn't think DAH HS was great, but here we are going again. :rolleyes1
This time, we do have SDD FP before we head to the dessert party, but I prefer to ride at night. Guess we will save it for the last hour and hope it isn't down early on.

Got my schedule for next week and I got a extra day off so ds#1 and I are leaving two days earlier then planned. Hubby has to work a couple extra days so he gets to fly down and not have to drive. I can't miss out on more Disney time. So he gets to fly instead of me flying. one of us has to drive down.

I wondered about that half hour! We are doing all three DAH events, and I noticed HS is the only one with 30 min between park close and the event - I'm assuming because of Fantasmic? So you can ride stuff during that time? How were the lines? We've never been to TSL and did not get FP for SDD because we were originally doing EMM at HS, so SDD is a non negotiable for DAH for us.

I wondered about that half hour! We are doing all three DAH events, and I noticed HS is the only one with 30 min between park close and the event - I'm assuming because of Fantasmic? So you can ride stuff during that time? How were the lines? We've never been to TSL and did not get FP for SDD because we were originally doing EMM at HS, so SDD is a non negotiable for DAH for us.
Actually the SW fireworks are at 9:30, so even more confusing for the timing.
Lastnight I watched waits for a bit, and SDD was at 15-20 for most of the night early, not sure what happened later. That isn't necessarily the norm tho. It can be as much as 40 from waits I've watched in other nights. :(
What night do you go? I assume July 5th will possibly be busier. I go next Friday. :)

They always have the fireworks after park close, so I assume that's why there's a 30 minute buffer. We took full advantage of that! It was fun to see the fireworks from Slinky. :) We waited about 10 minutes for it. Shortest wait of the night! During the event it was 20 minutes.

I gave up our Slinky FPs on a different day to do After Hours. We want to ride 3 times at minimum. It's my daughter's favorite ride.

Went to see Toy Story 4 last night. It was really cute and funny, but it didn't tug at the heart strings like the others did for me. I need to give it another viewing when there aren't 100 kids talking and people using their cell phones the whole time. :sad2:

Actually the SW fireworks are at 9:30, so even more confusing for the timing.
Lastnight I watched waits for a bit, and SDD was at 15-20 for most of the night early, not sure what happened later. That isn't necessarily the norm tho. It can be as much as 40 from waits I've watched in other nights. :(
What night do you go? I assume July 5th will possibly be busier. I go next Friday. :)

oh, good to know! We go July 19- our arrival day. Let us know how it is!

They always have the fireworks after park close, so I assume that's why there's a 30 minute buffer. We took full advantage of that! It was fun to see the fireworks from Slinky. :) We waited about 10 minutes for it. Shortest wait of the night! During the event it was 20 minutes.

I gave up our Slinky FPs on a different day to do After Hours. We want to ride 3 times at minimum. It's my daughter's favorite ride.

Are the fireworks worth the trouble? DH loves SW, but I’ve read the show isn’t super amazing.

Went to see Toy Story 4 last night. It was really cute and funny, but it didn't tug at the heart strings like the others did for me. I need to give it another viewing when there aren't 100 kids talking and people using their cell phones the whole time. :sad2:

We saw it, too! I loved it, but I loved 3 more. I’ve grown up with TS movies - the first one came out when I was 10, so I feel like I grew up with Andy. That’s why TS3 got me, especially the ending. And as for the rude people - UGH! We go to the recliner auditoriums at our local theater because the rows are blocked from each other and it’s much less distracting if people are being rude, but we still had a roughly 4 year old boy near us who would not be quiet, and parents who didn’t seem to care other than a half hearted “sh” every once in awhile. 🙄

We did DAH HS in Jan and had no plan; worked perfectly! Also no plan when we did it at MK last month and that was even better; just went where we wanted when we wanted as nothing at all had lines or waits. My one concern with HS this time is TOT since that's my main reason for going. I know waits have been high with only one side running and we want to do that many, multiple times.

Added breakfast at Cape May this morning! It'll be new to us and since my 13 yo does still like a character meal here and there I'm looking forward to it :goodvibes

We did DAH HS in Jan and had no plan; worked perfectly! Also no plan when we did it at MK last month and that was even better; just went where we wanted when we wanted as nothing at all had lines or waits. My one concern with HS this time is TOT since that's my main reason for going. I know waits have been high with only one side running and we want to do that many, multiple times.

Added breakfast at Cape May this morning! It'll be new to us and since my 13 yo does still like a character meal here and there I'm looking forward to it :goodvibes

Wondering about TOT, too! We want to go back and forth between that and RNRC many times. I especially love RNRC. I'm glad to hear not having a plan at DAH works well, because that's our plan! ;)

We're also having breakfast at Cape May, on our departure day. Very excited to try it!

We finally did Cape May breakfast back in Jan. I had been wanting to try it forever!
The characters are adorable and the food options were pretty good too. Minnie went on a posing frenzy for DH, it was hilarious.
Have fun!!!

3 days to travel day 1! Starting my themed clothes/ears/bows packing today. Got the car all cleaned out yesterday.
Getting excited and hoping for good weather, no rain outs please please please 🤞🙏 :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter