***Official July 2019 thread***

Looks as if Animal Kingdom hours were extended to 10pm on a few days of our trip and Magic Kingdom hours were extended until 11 on one day (unfortunately we have FP and dinner reservations booked elsewhere that night that I think will be hard to change so that does us no good). Oh well!

Too bad...maybe crowds WILL be lighter? I hope...

Hoping this as well!

During our trip, AK was extended until 10:00 every day except Mon and Tues (and Mon is DAH at AK so that wasn't going to change), and MK was extended to 11:00 only on the evening EMH day. We were very happy about the EMH change from 10-12 to 11-1. Should make it a little less crowded during that last hour, I'd think. It also means we get to close out MK at 1am two nights in a row, since we're doing VAH the next night. :)

I am surprised MK only extended on EMH days. I think June got a lot more 11pm closures, right?

18 days for us too! I just made a few changes in the last few days.........

Cancelled TSL EMM on July 3rd
Moved 50's Prime Time from Sat, July 6th lunch to Fri, July 5th dinner
Moved Boma breakfast from July 5 to July 6
Cancelled all FPs at HS on July 6 including SDD!
Added FPs at MK on July 6 afternoon (Splash, BTMR, HM) but probably doing a water park.

Still trying to move Ohana dinner from 5 pm to 6 pm on the 3rd

AND...............

I bought us tickets for DAH at HS on the 5th !!!!!!! :banana::banana: I just wasn't feeling two early mornings in a row as we will be up by 3 am for our flights on the 2nd. Plus we get double the time for only $20 more pp. Win win! :)

Still trying to move Ohana dinner from 5 pm to 6 pm on the 3rd
Hey, that is what I have been hoping to do!
We are fine with 5, but I'd prefer 6, then head to MK for our after fireworks dessert party.
We are a party of 8, so I am sure we are stuck with what we have at this point. I suppose atleast it gives us more time to digest Ohana before our desserts. ;)
Good luck!

I bought us tickets for DAH at HS on the 5th !!!!!!! :banana::banana: I just wasn't feeling two early mornings in a row as we will be up by 3 am for our flights on the 2nd. Plus we get double the time for only $20 more pp. Win win! :)

Yay more DISers at AH on the 5th! I'll be the one in the Up! shirt. :)

I just caught up with this thread! For some reason the notification stopped a couple of pages ago! Anyway, I have major change in plans, it’ll just be me and DS5 alone for WDW! I’m still trying to figure how to change my plans... it’ll be our very first mom and son only trip! I’m excited and nervous for sure! I’ve removed our DxDP and will rely on AP discount instead. My dining is still all over the place... FPs are all over the place too. Need to call Disney about refunding after hours tickets for my DH! Any tips with travelling alone with a 5 year old? :D

I just caught up with this thread! For some reason the notification stopped a couple of pages ago! Anyway, I have major change in plans, it’ll just be me and DS5 alone for WDW! I’m still trying to figure how to change my plans... it’ll be our very first mom and son only trip! I’m excited and nervous for sure! I’ve removed our DxDP and will rely on AP discount instead. My dining is still all over the place... FPs are all over the place too. Need to call Disney about refunding after hours tickets for my DH! Any tips with travelling alone with a 5 year old? :D

While I have flown and done park days with my DS7 alone, we are doing our first Mom/son trip in November.
Back when he was 5 we went with DH for a conference, so we did park days without DH. It was a lot of fun just the 2 of us.
Flew in Jan this year just the 2 of us, but met DH at a conference at Royal Pacific.
I am very excited for our Nov trip. All the kids are going in 10 days (I have 4 kids, 2 grandkids) so going without everyone will be different, but easier with no child swapping and bickering over who rides with who. :)

Since we "should" arrive by 3pm on Thursday the 27th, I decide to make an ADR for dinner. Garden Grove was our only non park option in our vicinity (YC) I wanted to be able to walk somewhere, since we will be coming off of 2 days of driving, wanted to be out of vehicles!🙅‍♀️
It gets mixed reviews, but we aren't too picky, and then the GSs will see Pluto and Goofy right away.
Added ESPN for Friday at 4 before heading over to HS for the evening.
Monday, since we are probably canceling EMM at HS (waiting to make sure DAH Friday is a positive experience) I made an ADR at The Plaza for 11am lunch. We'll be at CR, so an easy walk over, then rest and order mobile or room service at CR before heading back to MK for HEA dessert party and DAH.
Tues added Wave breakfast at 10:55 before checking out and heading to AKL CL. :)
Kids voted for Boma before heading to AK DAH.

Looking forward to all the food since I've been on low carb diet for a month before we leave!!!🍔🍟🍕🧁🧁🍦🍨

Subscribing. We're currently set for a December visit but that's almost surely not going to happen. We are building a home in Kissimmee, and the way the builder is talking right now, by December we're likely to be locals. We'll be visiting for several days at least in about six weeks (for a structural walkthrough), which means our visit will be either in late July or early August. I'm hoping for late July. :)

It'll be a little bit of a challenge, I think, to find, at the last minute, a decent place to stay in late July. I'm hoping that there will be some DVC property with some kind of availability, but that's iffy. We'll see. Hopefully we're not stuck staying way-off-site.

Subscribing. We're currently set for a December visit but that's almost surely not going to happen. We are building a home in Kissimmee, and the way the builder is talking right now, by December we're likely to be locals. We'll be visiting for several days at least in about six weeks (for a structural walkthrough), which means our visit will be either in late July or early August. I'm hoping for late July. :)

It'll be a little bit of a challenge, I think, to find, at the last minute, a decent place to stay in late July. I'm hoping that there will be some DVC property with some kind of availability, but that's iffy. We'll see. Hopefully we're not stuck staying way-off-site.

There are plenty of regular rooms available this summer. They are throwing discounts out left and right.

I just scored a great price for our one-way flight back from MCO [we are driving to WDW with my DS in his car, since he wants to have his car there - he's a CM]. Originally, it was $189 and dropped to $165. We got that same flight at $135!!! Can you say "Pixie Dust"?

Last edited:
When are your new dates again? I seem to recall it's after my trip...otherwise I'd tell you you're free to hang out with us if you'd like :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!