***Official July 2019 thread***

Same here! Switched to Yacht Club too for our first 4 nights! :)
Yay! It was just too good of a deal to pass up! I'd been hoping for 25%, but figuring it would be less, so I was thrilled to get 30% off! YC still has SAB and the same basic location and amenities, so we are excited!

Anyone has any idea what they are doing for ADRs? I’m so lost and my date opens next week!
We can't make ours until the 20th, but I've been compiling our list for awhile. We are doing a lot of ADRs this trip, both lunch and dinner most days, because we haven't been in 6 years, and we love TS meals at WDW. This is the trip we're going all out. We're hoping to go back in summer 2020, and that'll have more CS than this trip. I just want to preface this by saying that, because it's going to look ridiculous. ;)

Right now, we're planning: (I put a star* next to anything we haven't been to before)
MK Area:
Ohana
Hoop de Doo Revue (our favorite!!!)
BOG lunch

HS:
50s Prime Time
Sci Fi

AK:
Yak & Yeti (I know there are mixed reviews for this place, but we loved it, and the new Pandora offerings aren't really our taste.)

EP:
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill lunch or dinner*

EP resort area:
Yachtsman* (I think I'm the most excited to try this after reading reviews, and how can I resist something at our resort??)
Cape May Cafe breakfast* (Planning to do this on our departure day, probably.)
Trattoria al Forno*
Beaches and Cream* - I actually thought this was CS until I read somewhere you have to make an ADR for it??

Well when I got the shock of FD today I was freaking out I'd have to figure out where and when I want to eat but after going over it with my sister we decided to keep the 30% RO BB we had so I'm back to just making a lunch ADR at BOG because we are only doing QS this trip.
Which QS places do you like? I was looking into the dining plan but have tried too many QS places during our last trip since we did DxDP. Trying to see if the ddp would make sense this time.
Not really planning too much, because I change things a lot.
Lol I hear you, I change to much too but try to get my ADRs in then play with them.
Yay! It was just too good of a deal to pass up! I'd been hoping for 25%, but figuring it would be less, so I was thrilled to get 30% off! YC still has SAB and the same basic location and amenities, so we are excited!

We can't make ours until the 20th, but I've been compiling our list for awhile. We are doing a lot of ADRs this trip, both lunch and dinner most days, because we haven't been in 6 years, and we love TS meals at WDW. This is the trip we're going all out. We're hoping to go back in summer 2020, and that'll have more CS than this trip. I just want to preface this by saying that, because it's going to look ridiculous. ;)

Right now, we're planning: (I put a star* next to anything we haven't been to before)
MK Area:
Ohana
Hoop de Doo Revue (our favorite!!!)
BOG lunch

HS:
50s Prime Time
Sci Fi

AK:
Yak & Yeti (I know there are mixed reviews for this place, but we loved it, and the new Pandora offerings aren't really our taste.)

EP:
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill lunch or dinner*

EP resort area:
Yachtsman* (I think I'm the most excited to try this after reading reviews, and how can I resist something at our resort??)
Cape May Cafe breakfast* (Planning to do this on our departure day, probably.)
Trattoria al Forno*
Beaches and Cream* - I actually thought this was CS until I read somewhere you have to make an ADR for it??
Oh that does not look ridiculous, my plan is about the same amount of restaurants n then some more, lol I do have a lot of maybes though. So far I have (same format, * for places we have not tried)
MK:
Skippers , Tony’s* (maybe... thinking of the parade package if they have it)
Epcot:
Garden grill* (lunch or dinner)
DHS: ??? Can’t find anything I like.., maybe H&V?
AK:
tiffins* ROL package (although I do like Yak &Yeti too)
Resorts:
Cali Grill brunch, Kona*, Cape May*, trattoria for breakfast *
DS:
Jaleo* (hope it opens soon), Morimoto *, homecoming
QS: wanted to try Satuli canteen and polite pig

We’re going with our to be 5 year old who enjoys food so excited to try these new options. Oh beaches and cream is a TS I think although I think they have a take out window? I’ve never been either.

Which QS places do you like? I was looking into the dining plan but have tried too many QS places during our last trip since we did DxDP. Trying to see if the ddp would make sense this time.

Lol I hear you, I change to much too but try to get my ADRs in then play with them.

Oh that does not look ridiculous, my plan is about the same amount of restaurants n then some more, lol I do have a lot of maybes though. So far I have (same format, * for places we have not tried)
MK:
Skippers , Tony’s* (maybe... thinking of the parade package if they have it)
Epcot:
Garden grill* (lunch or dinner)
DHS: ??? Can’t find anything I like.., maybe H&V?
AK:
tiffins* ROL package (although I do like Yak &Yeti too)
Resorts:
Cali Grill brunch, Kona*, Cape May*, trattoria for breakfast *
DS:
Jaleo* (hope it opens soon), Morimoto *, homecoming
QS: wanted to try Satuli canteen and polite pig

We’re going with our to be 5 year old who enjoys food so excited to try these new options. Oh beaches and cream is a TS I think although I think they have a take out window? I’ve never been either.

I am excited to try Garden Grill because everyone just raves about it. We are not generally big character people, but I do love Chip and Dale (I grew up watching "Rescue Rangers" haha).

What meal are you thinking for Kona? I'm considering dropping BOG and picking up a Kona breakfast. I've seen pictures and read reviews and it looks so good...

For DHS, have you done Sci Fi? It's really goofy and unique, and your 5 yo might like it. Basic burgers, fries, and shakes, but we liked it.

I like QS because I don't feel so tied down.
My favorites are BOG lunch, Cosmic Ray's, Sunshine Seasons food court, Andy's Lunch Box, Restaurantosaurus, and Earl Of Sandwich.
along with food courts at the resorts as they tend to have a variety.

I am excited to try Garden Grill because everyone just raves about it. We are not generally big character people, but I do love Chip and Dale (I grew up watching "Rescue Rangers" haha).

What meal are you thinking for Kona? I'm considering dropping BOG and picking up a Kona breakfast. I've seen pictures and read reviews and it looks so good...

For DHS, have you done Sci Fi? It's really goofy and unique, and your 5 yo might like it. Basic burgers, fries, and shakes, but we liked it.
I grew up with that too!! Garden grill is one character meal I’ve placed into my plans and took back out last time so I’m determined to have it this time.

I want breakfast for Kona, if not dinner maybe. Dinner gets more mixed reviews though.

I have considered sci fit but couldn’t decide if I really like the menu. Maybe I’ll take another look, thanks!

Edit t add: I hear the macadamia pancakes are really good :) BOG lunch is good too though. I like the pork.

Hello
So we where able to extend our vacation and DD (23) and I am booked for POFQ from June 26 to July 10
We got our plane tickets a week ago
This would be our 12 or 13 trip “home”

Part of this trip would be together with my children and youth choir who is very excited that we are going to have a Disney Sing workshop and a performance somewhere at Walt Disney World resorts.

So, DD and I (did I write that right?) Will arrive Orlando June 26
Some of the kids and their families would travel with the same plane as us, but they have booked a hotel at Disney Springs.

I have booked a few ADR’s
(We are on the DP)
Chef Mickey (brunch) June 27

We have also booked
Storybook dining
California Grill (I have both brunch and dinner booked so need to decide what to keep)
Garden Grill
50’s Prime Time (a must for us)
Grand Floridian Café

Would also like to try
Cape May
Raglan Road
Tusker House
Maybe Akershus (I know.. we are from Norway but we haven’t been there yet)

Some of the 14 days we are going to spend together with my choir and their families, so it’s not easy to plan for those days yet.

DD would also like to go to the beach and maybe Kennedy Space Center
And two days at Universal Orlando

We are looking forward to celebrating 4 of July in USA for the first time.
Thinking MK on the 3 and Epcot on the 4

I am going to have another look at ADR’s today so any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks from Adéle Marie in Norway

I’m still making additional ADRs but here’s what we have:
Sci-Fi x2
50s prime time x2 (my son LOVES both of these)
Le Cellier
Beaches n Cream
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Teppan Edo
Raglan road
Whispering canyon cafe (we are staying at CCV)
We plan on doing walk up with Yak n Yeti, Rainforest, possibly the Boathouse? With our Landry’s card
May add Yachtsman, CRT if it pops up, Via Napoli.. but not committed to them yet.

We are definitely more relaxed vacationers and enjoy lots of food time/time to sit and chill.

I’m also wondering about that Epcot space restaurant?? I thought it opened in April 2019. If so, we might try to get into that’s one.

We are so excited to be joining this thread!! Our family has just booked a trip with free dining at Caribbean Beach Resort from 7/16 to 7/26. We ventured to California in 2017 for our last Disney adventure, but this will be our first trip to the World since right before FP+ started back in 2013. It will be me, my husband, our 2 boys aged 11 & 15, as well as my mom on this trip. She hasn't been to Disney since 2005 and she has never been to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom at all. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Thanks to free dining I’m joining this thread. Our original plan was to go during Thanksgiving break, but I had a hard time passing up free dining. My husband vowed he would never do Disney in the middle of the summer again (after our first trip together in August of 1998), but he was actually easily swayed with promises of early mornings and water parks. We are booked for July 26 - Aug 3 at Pop with upgraded dining plan. It will be DH, DD12, me and possibly our DS19 (he’s not sure if he will be taking classes and working next summer, and he’s at THAT age.). This will be both DH and my 11th trip and DD’s 5th. Looking forward to sharing this experience with you. Let’s just pray we don’t melt.

Thanks to free dining I’m joining this thread. Our original plan was to go during Thanksgiving break, but I had a hard time passing up free dining. My husband vowed he would never do Disney in the middle of the summer again (after our first trip together in August of 1998), but he was actually easily swayed with promises of early mornings and water parks. We are booked for July 26 - Aug 3 at Pop with upgraded dining plan. It will be DH, DD12, me and possibly our DS19 (he’s not sure if he will be taking classes and working next summer, and he’s at THAT age.). This will be both DH and my 11th trip and DD’s 5th. Looking forward to sharing this experience with you. Let’s just pray we don’t melt.
I’m with you in the not melting! Lol!

Sci-Fi x2
Le Cellier
Beaches n Cream
Teppan Edo
Raglan road
We plan on doing walk up with Yak n Yeti, Rainforest, possibly the Boathouse? With our Landry’s card
May add Yachtsman, CRT if it pops up, Via Napoli.. but not committed to them yet.

We are definitely more relaxed vacationers and enjoy lots of food time/time to sit and chill.

I’m also wondering about that Epcot space restaurant?? I thought it opened in April 2019. If so, we might try to get into that’s one.
I saw a thread saying not to expect the space restaurant until 2020 :(

Sci-Fi x2
Le Cellier
Beaches n Cream
Teppan Edo
Raglan road

I love your ADRs. And I'm with your son - I love 50s and Sci Fi too. ;) And we are the same way - we love having lots of food time, especially in the AC during the summer!

We are so excited to be joining this thread!! Our family has just booked a trip with free dining at Caribbean Beach Resort from 7/16 to 7/26. We ventured to California in 2017 for our last Disney adventure, but this will be our first trip to the World since right before FP+ started back in 2013. It will be me, my husband, our 2 boys aged 11 & 15, as well as my mom on this trip. She hasn't been to Disney since 2005 and she has never been to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom at all. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Yay! Our trip overlaps with yours. We also haven't been since 2013, and this FP+ thing is like a whole new world!

I also vowed that I'd never do Disney in the summer again after our Disneymoon in June 2010...but here we are. I'm a teacher, so options are limited. And there are some perks. Hours are longer, crowds are better than the other busy times, great discounts, and, it's super easy to pack when you know it'll just be HOT every day! ;) I'm hoping with some preparation and a realistic plan, we can handle the heat/humidity better this time!

So I have some "for now" plans made, but waiting to see if flights drop within my comfort zone (9 of us possibly going), and also hoping for DAHs atleast for 1 night.
The only thing I think is for sure, is Contemporary July 3-4, after dessert party July 3rd. I grabbed other resort reservations for prior too, and after, and will watch for DAH, and/or flights to drop. (Allegiant)
My thinking is June 29-July 7th, but if DAH are the following week, then we are looking at July 2-13. But if no flights, we will drive, so then we have to re-evaluate.
Don't put me on any roll call yet, :rolleyes1

Joining this thread! We (DW, DS 11, DD8) weren't even going to head to Disney after last summer end of May/early June trip to POR. When we found out about the free dining plan we just logged on out of curiosity. Well, we booked July 22-27, 2019 CS. Nothing fancy, as we got a standard room, but with the new refurbs and the cost with dining. We just couldn't pass it up. Any places to try or must do's in the CS resort area?

I'll be at the Swan for a conference in the summer and then move to CSR for a few days after! Just booked the post-conference details and hit the jackpot with free dining! :)

I woke up early, so I decided to go ahead and book some ADRs. Can't believe how smoothly it went! I had a ton of issues when I booked for our September trip.

Anyway, who is doing the dessert party on July 4th in MK? I'm so glad it wasn't sold out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter