• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official January 2023 Thread***

Can anyone help me with packing for January weather? We usually go in April or May, and it is hot so I just wear shorts and t-shirts. My weather app is showing highs right now of 73-76 degrees while we are there. I'm just not sure if I should be packing shorts or pants and short or long sleeves. Any tips would be great! Thanks!!
I'm in the same boat. I've been in January twice before and both times were freezing. This is the first time I'll be going with milder temps. I'm probably overpacking but I'm brining long sleeve to layer under my tees, some warmer pants and some capris. From what I can tell, the highs won't last very long so I might get chilly. Thankfully the highs are higher than last year. Looking forward to sun!
1674144641699.png

That is the weather we had. It was sometimes 20-30 degree swing from leaving the resort in the morning to the afternoon high. But the highs felt warm due to being calm and sunny. On the slightly cooler days I wore jeans and short sleeves, on the slightly warmer days I wore shorts and short sleeves. Mornings we mostly just handled being chilly due to the promise of warming to come. We sometimes went back to resort and then added a fleece for evening. One day we packed in extra clothes and it was just so heavy in the backpack.
Thank you! This is helpful! I'd really like to pack light for the parks so if I can dress appropriately that would be my goal...I guess that might be hard though with 20-30 degree swings. Thanks again!

Looking like another cold front will be upon Florida when we get there! That’s on the Apple ten day outlook, and matches with what I saw on Ryan halls YouTube channel! We have packed layers because we had a feeling it would be like this, still better than being in the uk!
Does anybody know if I’d be able to get a large print into a locker at Epcot?
Side note- Bob, PLEASE bring be the resort delivery service from the parks! 😭

I am planning to wear leggings or jeans unless the highs will be over ~78ish. Depending on the highs, we will wear either a tshirt, a tshirt over a long sleeve tshirt, or a tshirt under a plaid button up shirt. If it gets warm, the long sleeve tshirt or the plaid button up could be removed and tied around your waist. If really chilly, then I would add a windbreaker as well. If going out at night after an afternoon break, I will probably wear a sweatshirt.

I probably won't start packing until the day before we leave so that I can see as much as possible into the 10 day forecast to know the ratio of cool/warm clothes to pack. We also plan to utilize the laundry room at POFQ to rewear many items keeping the packing weight of our luggage from going over!

Well I decided to take a half day tomorrow for two reasons - have extra time for final packing and I am done with work. ;) I will say I'm getting a bit anxious too. I've done multiple solo trips to Disneyland and feel great about them because California/Disneyland is like a second home. However, this is my first solo trip to DW and I'm just having a bit of anxiety about it. I know it will be totally fine once I get there and find my groove, but I still have to fret over it leading up to leaving early Sunday morning. I am excited though!

1/19- Epcot
Entered the virtual queue for Guardians at 7 AM: Group 35
Breakfast at Primo Piatto
Rope-dropped Frozen Ever After, but pivoted at the last second to name the troll in the gift shop. Named the troll “Comfortable A Bad Hej.” It’s in our kids’ made-up language, Cuckoonese. It’s lyrics from the Taylor Swift song “Midnight Rain.” Received a celebration pin that led to a most special day. Entered Frozen at 8:39 AM, on the ride at 8:44 AM
Killed time waiting to meet Anna and Elsa. Entered the line at 9:15 AM, and met the princesses at 9:45 AM. Hilarious interaction about troll naming. “Did you just sneeze? Oh, um, bless you!”
First LL: Frozen Ever After at 9:50 AM
Virtual queue group 35 called, entered Guardians at 10:30 AM, on the ride at 10:53 AM, and out at 11:00 AM. We got One Way or Another by Blondie. My five-year-old was a bit nervous, but he has a new favorite Disney ride. Went to Connections to change clothes after a tiny accident during the ride.
Visited Moderne for Angry Crab and Scallops at 11:25 AM
Space 220 Lounge at 11:30 AM for lunch. Amazing experience. Loved the Stellevator ride-up. Got a prix-fixe kids’ meal and Moon Rocks for two packs of trading cards. We got a rare white card! My son dropped his fork and catapulted pasta with sauce all over himself. Cast members were not phased and brought a booster seat and a new fork. I offered him a clean shirt, but he wasn't interested. Paid with my Spira gift card from yesterday's Batuu visit, which confused several cast members who hadn’t seen it before.
Second LL: Living with the Land at 12:55 PM
Third LL: Soarin’ at 1:15 PM
Fourth LL: Finding Nemo at 1:45 PM
Walked around World Showcase on our way out the long way. Took pictures of chalk art and stood in works of art for some great photos.
Visited El Artista Hambriento for Huarache de Champiñones and Flan de Coco. Excellent booth for the Festival of the Arts.
Left Epcot a little before 3 PM to go back to Caribbean Beach for a bit of pool time before getting picked up to go to the airport at 4:30 PM.
Now we’re on our Southwest flight home! Pretty much a perfect two-day trip.

Looking like another cold front will be upon Florida when we get there! That’s on the Apple ten day outlook, and matches with what I saw on Ryan halls YouTube channel! We have packed layers because we had a feeling it would be like this, still better than being in the uk!
Does anybody know if I’d be able to get a large print into a locker at Epcot?
Side note- Bob, PLEASE bring be the resort delivery service from the parks! 😭
When is your trip?

Just checked in for our SW flight! Eek -- we're leaving in less than 24 hours and aren't fully packed yet. Can't wait!
I just checked in with United. I'm about 99.98% packed. I also went to try and reactivate my Clear membership but it was giving me errors so had to call - they're giving me a month free! I still plan on renewing since I'm also flying in March and maybe in the fall.

Been here for a week now. Crowds don’t feel super intense. Crazy lines for Splash Mountain as everyone rushes to fit in one last ride.

Today was tank and shorts weather. And even then I was blistering hot when I left for a nap at 1pm. Had to turn in the AC in the van. It’s after 6pm now and cooling off. I switched to leggings and a light sweater for the fireworks.

Crazy when last weekend we were all shivering close to freezing. Monday night was downright unpleasant in Epcot and sooooo many ppl were packed into the Rose and Crown pub (to get out of the cold?) that it was almost impossible to walk through them to get to the bathroom (we had a last min ADR there). Talking post-fireworks crowded lol!

Been a beautiful week so far with such nice weather when things warmed up :)

The hub at MK is crazy! I got here at 6:30pm expecting to find a decent amount of good viewing spots to stake out for the 8:15pm fireworks. For many years, I usually show up 1.5hrs early, sometimes 2 hours. Especially when it’s not crazy busy (Christmas week I do 3hrs).

Every single prime spot for the fireworks was full at 6:30pm. I couldn’t believe how many people were already settled for a long wait. Blew my mind.

Good thing we have a favourite less prime spot on the bridge to the Hub in front of Casey’s Corner next to a fence (I far prefer being next to a garden for breathing space). We go near the end so I can climb up on the fence and lean against the pillar.

I wonder what it takes to get a spot at the statue at the hub nowadays? Maybe 2.5hrs early?! I was going to do it as we have friends in the parks today and they almost never watch fireworks because they do a one day ticket and don’t set aside the time to stake out a spot.

DH and I have APs and actually like chilling. I always meet fun people and hold their spots for them too if they want to do a ride or whatever. One night I met a sweet family and lent them my magic band so they could get Photopass pics and I emailed it to them after.

How have the crowds been at Fantasmic recently?
I haven't seen a lot of buzz about Fantasmic crowds recently, so maybe it's gotten better?

However, Fantasmic has currently been reduced from 2 shows to 1 show during most weekday nights. The schedule for the rest of January and early February is below. Plan accordingly!

January 21-23 (Saturday to Monday): 8:00pm, 9:30pm
January 24-27
(Tuesday to Friday): 8:00pm
January 28-31
(Sunday to Tuesday): 8:00pm, 9:30pm
February 1-3
(Wednesday to Friday): 8:00pm
February 4-6
(Saturday to Monday): 8:00pm, 9:30pm

Fantasmic May Move to Off-Season Performance Schedule Starting January 17th

Last edited:
When I looked MDE today, wait times finally seem to have come down a bit compared to earlier this month. Anyone on the ground today can confirm? Headed there on the 29th!
For anyone who is there this week, how are the crowds? I'll be there next Saturday!
Here are some wait time calendars. Looks good right now!

Wait Time Calendar at Magic Kingdom
Wait Time Calendar at EPCOT
Wait Time Calendar at Hollywood Studios
Wait Time Calendar at Animal Kingdom

I'm so excited that we will be there this time next week! I'm trying to brush up on research for Genie + and ILL$ tips since we haven't been in 5 years! A lot has changed. Looking forward to celebrating my son's 16th bday :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter