Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Disney Springs to Hollywood Studios - which resort should we bus to or is there another way? (Looking for Disney only ideas - I know Uber/Lyft would be easiest but it’s not so important to get there fast that it’s worth paying)
We took a bus to Pop then Skyliner to DHS. Walk to the Pop bus stop was longer but easy and pretty ride to DHS from there.

From DS th DHS:
- bus to Pop
- Skyliner to CBR
- Skyliner to DHS

Disney Springs to Hollywood Studios - which resort should we bus to or is there another way? (Looking for Disney only ideas - I know Uber/Lyft would be easiest but it’s not so important to get there fast that it’s worth paying)
And for other options, bus to BWV, walk to DHS; bus to CBR, Skyliner to DHS (instead of Skyliner from Pop to CBR and then CBR to DHS).

However, DH and I would probably take the bus to Pop and Skyliner with transfer at CBR too - such an enjoyable ride! And I’m not sure how close to the Skyliner the DS to CBR bus drops you off.

However, DH and I would probably take the bus to Pop and Skyliner with transfer at CBR too - such an enjoyable ride! And I’m not sure how close to the Skyliner the DS to CBR bus drops you off.
It would depend on which bus stop you use. CBR is a large resort with multiple stops. The first stop is the main building, if I remember correctly, so you could get off there but then you'd have to walk through the resort to get to the Skyliner. I think the bus stop closest to the Skyliner is the last stop? I can't remember for sure.

And for other options, bus to BWV, walk to DHS; bus to CBR, Skyliner to DHS (instead of Skyliner from Pop to CBR and then CBR to DHS).

Yes, like you I wasn’t sure which stop was closest to Skyliner at CBR so recommended Pop as it’s a quick, pretty 4 min ride from Pop to CBR then easy swap to DHS line.

Bus to POFQ. Bus to DHS.

Or, boat to POFQ. Bus to DHS.

Or, walk to SSR. Bus to DHS.

We took a bus to Pop then Skyliner to DHS. Walk to the Pop bus stop was longer but easy and pretty ride to DHS from there.

From DS th DHS:
- bus to Pop
- Skyliner to CBR
- Skyliner to DHS

It would depend on which bus stop you use. CBR is a large resort with multiple stops. The first stop is the main building, if I remember correctly, so you could get off there but then you'd have to walk through the resort to get to the Skyliner. I think the bus stop closest to the Skyliner is the last stop? I can't remember for sure.

Yes, like you I wasn’t sure which stop was closest to Skyliner at CBR so recommended Pop as it’s a quick, pretty 4 min ride from Pop to CBR then easy swap to DHS line.
Thank you all for your suggestions! Sounds like we have lots of choices. We are staying at Pop so maybe that’s the easiest since we are well versed in the layout and it will be good practice for our DHS morning - it’s our first stay with the skylines open. We just missed it in 2019.

On the day we have an MK reservation, it will close at 7 pm due to MNSSHP. (My husband and I won’t be attending.) At first I was considering us going to Disney Springs for dinner and shopping to end the night, but now I’m looking at booking Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue since we’ve never done it. I know we can take the ferry from MK to get there. I read on the website to allow 1.5 hours of travel time from MK to HDDR. (Does it really take that long?!) Doors open at 8:30 and the show is set to start before 9, so I know we’d make it if we left when MK closes to regular park guests. My questions are… What’s the best/fastest way to get to Pop Century after HDDR? I know the show lasts two hours, so should I expect to get to our room around midnight?

**Plans aren’t set in stone but I’ve heard nothing but fabulous things about Hoop-Dee-Doo!**

I read on the website to allow 1.5 hours of travel time from MK to HDDR. (Does it really take that long?!)
The boat ride itself is probably 20 minutes, so if you walk out of MK and right onto a boat, you’ll be there quickly. But you might just miss a boat and end up waiting 20 or 30 minutes for the next boat to arrive. The nice thing is that if you arrive at Ft. Wilderness early, you can get a drink at Crockett’s Tavern or you can walk over and take a look at the stables. So it’s not a bad thing to be there early!

What’s the best/fastest way to get to Pop Century after HDDR?
I agree with above. MNSSHP will still be going on, so just ride the boat back to MK and catch the bus to Pop.

Could someone point me to current info that I can use to get the following answers?

Staying at All Star Sports and we have a rental car -

- Whats the fastest way to get to International Gateway for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to MK for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to HS for rope drop?
- Whats the fastest way to get to AK for rope drop?

Ive found some answers but nothing posted recently. Taking my 7 year old for the first time after we lost her mom. I hadnt been in a decade since before my daughter was born so this is almost a first for both of us and dont wanna screw it up for her. Thanks

Could someone point me to current info that I can use to get the following answers?

Ive found some answers but nothing posted recently. Taking my 7 year old for the first time after we lost her mom. I hadnt been in a decade since before my daughter was born so this is almost a first for both of us and dont wanna screw it up for her. Thanks
Use the park busses, get to them 1 1/2 hour before Early entry.
Especially at MK, because if you don’t use the park bus, your going straight to the TTC which means you now need to take a different Disney transportation system still to get to the park.
The International gateway is tough for you. The bus and your car will bring you to the front of Epcot, not the back, and you can’t park at a resort back there. If you are dead set on starting at the back, you could bus or park at Hollywood studios, and work your way in, but that seems like wasting more time. You’d have to compare the opening times of each park and that only works if the Studios open earlier than Epcot.

Bus to MK, DHS and AK.
Especially at MK, because if you don’t use the park bus, your going straight to the TTC which means you now need to take a different Disney transportation system still to get to the park.
The International gateway is tough for you. The bus and your car will bring you to the front of Epcot, not the back, and you can’t park at a resort back there. If you are dead set on starting at the back, you could bus or park at Hollywood studios, and work your way in, but that seems like wasting more time. You’d have to compare the opening times of each park and that only works if the Studios open earlier than Epcot.
I agree. My one addition is for IG at Epcot, take a bus to DHS then Skyliner to Epcot. A great experience too and very easy.

The challenge you will face though is getting to IG in time for ETPE. If you’re set on going there you may wish to Uber to the Swan/Dolphin and walk or take a friendship boat to IG.

Arriving at the bus 90 mins before ETPE is key.
Thanks! Youd recommend the busses over parking at all of them?
Yes.

Youd recommemd busses over drivingnour car to all? I know MK a bus is best.....same for the others?
Bus to MK, DHS and AK.

I agree. My one addition is for IG at Epcot, take a bus to DHS then Skyliner to Epcot. A great experience too and very easy.

The challenge you will face though is getting to IG in time for ETPE. If you’re set on going there you may wish to Uber to the Swan/Dolphin and walk or take a friendship boat to IG.

Arriving at the bus 90 mins before ETPE is key.

Yes.
So hapoy I cam to ask the pros. I do wanna get to epcot for rope drop so looks like ill have to wait in line for remys but frozen is her number 1. We are goin in july so there will be lines no matter what

Youd recommemd busses over drivingnour car to all? I know MK a bus is best.....same for the others?

So hapoy I cam to ask the pros. I do wanna get to epcot for rope drop so looks like ill have to wait in line for remys but frozen is her number 1. We are goin in july so there will be lines no matter what
If Frozen is what you’re hoping to rope drop then I would recommend bus from All Stars to front of Epcot then walk to Frozen. The distance difference from front of park vs IG is minimal and definitely not worth the extra travel time to get to IG.

Yes, we find Disney transportation best and easiest.

The nice thing is that if you arrive at Ft. Wilderness early, you can get a drink at Crockett’s Tavern or you can walk over and take a look at the stables. So it’s not a bad thing to be there early!
This. Try the Pina Colava. Delicious!

I've never driven to the parks before. Can you tell me about how long it takes from the time you get to MK/TTC parking to the security check point? I have a 10:30am reservation at BOG. I want to give myself enough time to get there without rushing through main street.

I've never driven to the parks before. Can you tell me about how long it takes from the time you get to MK/TTC parking to the security check point? I have a 10:30am reservation at BOG. I want to give myself enough time to get there without rushing through main street.
I would allow an hour from parking to reaching BOG and hope it’s less. After exiting your car, you have to walk or take the tram to the TTC security screening, and depending on where you end up parking in the huge lot that could be some time (15-20 minutes maybe, unless you get a close-in parking space). After security screening, you then need to monorail or ferry to the MK entrance plaza, then enter through the tapstiles before you can walk through the RR tunnel and onto Main Street. It’s probably a 10 minute walk from there through the Hub, through or around the Castle depending on what’s going on then, and finally into New Fantasyland to the Beast’s Castle. It’s quite the journey, and as Walt wanted you’ll definitely feel as if you left the rest of the world behind!

The toll plaze can take 5 to 10 minutes, another 5 to get parked, and then 10 to 15 to get from your car to the TTC security checkpoint. Then add maybe 20 minutes for the boat or monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!