Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

my suggestions:
for Port Orleans, take the boat, I think it's on the same loop as Saratoga
to ride the monorail, take a bus to MK TTC
to ride the skyliner, take a bus to HS (same for walking around boardwalk)
to get to Sanaa, personally I'd uber it but you could walk to Disney Springs and take a bus to AK.

Staying at Saratoga for my upcoming trip, mostly a hotel stay with only 2 park days. On our non park days, we have reservations one day to have lunch at Sanaa @ AK Lodge, we also want to go eat at Sassagoula floatworks @ Port orleans and at some point we want to ride the monorail and the skyliner and lastly we also want to walk around the boarwalk. What are the best ways to go from SSR to all our various destinations?
Thank you!
For Sanaa, bus to AK, bus to AKL-Kidani. Or as above, walk to DS and bus to AKL-Kidani.
For PO, you probably have to boat or walk to DS, then boat to PO (sorry, I can't remember whether Sassagoula Floatworks is at POR or POFQ). Unfortunately each resort SSR, OKW, PO has their own boat route but POR & POFQ share.
For Skyliner, bus to DHS; Skyliner will take you to Boardwalk if you change at CBR to the Epcot line, or you can take the boat or walk.
For monorail, bus to MK.

How do get back to our hotel from a late night reservation (10:30) at Beaches and Cream? EP and HS close at 9 that night so I think skyliner is out, and I don't know when buses stop running?
If an uber is our only choice thats fine I just want to make sure we can actually get picked up.

How do get back to our hotel from a late night reservation (10:30) at Beaches and Cream? EP and HS close at 9 that night so I think skyliner is out, and I don't know when buses stop running?
If an uber is our only choice thats fine I just want to make sure we can actually get picked up.
Which hotel?
If it's that late after park close, Uber or Lyft may be your only options.

Most likely Uber or Lyft will be your one options as by the time your reservation is done, most likely Disney Springs will also be closed also which is normally the bus transfer option later in the evening.

Is it walking distance from the Skyliner station at Epcot to the Beach Club?

Staying at CBR and have a breakfast at Cape May on our MK day. Is it feasible to take Skyliner to Epcot, walk to Cape May, then grab a bus to MK from Beach Club? Trying to avoid driving/parking.

Is it walking distance from the Skyliner station at Epcot to the Beach Club?

Staying at CBR and have a breakfast at Cape May on our MK day. Is it feasible to take Skyliner to Epcot, walk to Cape May, then grab a bus to MK from Beach Club? Trying to avoid driving/parking.
Yes, it definitely is. Probably only a 5-10 min walk depending on your speed between IG at Epcot to Beach Club.

Depending on the time of your dining reservation you may need to show confirmation of your reservation in order to board the Skyliner to Epcot at CBR.

Yes, it definitely is. Probably only a 5-10 min walk depending on your speed between IG at Epcot to Beach Club.

Depending on the time of your dining reservation you may need to show confirmation of your reservation in order to board the Skyliner to Epcot at CBR.

Thank you so much! ADR is for 9:00 so I think we’ll be ok? Epcot opens at 10, 9:30 for EE that day.

Thank you so much! ADR is for 9:00 so I think we’ll be ok? Epcot opens at 10, 9:30 for EE that day.
Yes, you should be okay, but allow extra time for catching the Skyliner at CBR because of the line of people trying to get to the IG for ETPE. If my ADR was for 9:00, I'd be at the Skyliner station by 8:00. I'd much rather be early than late!

We'll be staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins in just a few days and I'm just a little confused about the boat. Does it take you straight to MK (or have other stops)? About how long does it take to get to MK on the boat?

We'll be staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins in just a few days and I'm just a little confused about the boat. Does it take you straight to MK (or have other stops)? About how long does it take to get to MK on the boat?

Currently, the only boat route from FW is to and from MK. In the past, and hopefully again some day, there is a separate route that was FW/WL/CR. That route did not go to MK. I always forget to time the boat ride, but I want to say about 15 minutes. My favorite way to arrive at MK is via boat.

On a few rare occasions in the past, I would be on a boat between FW and MK that would stop at WL just to pick up or drop off. I would say I have been on a boat that did this maybe 2 times in the last 10 years. I think it was just because the boat to/from one of the resorts was not full and the other was getting backed up.

What would be my quickest transportation option traveling from the Contemporary Resort to the front entrance of Epcot?

What about the monorail to the Transportation Centre and just quickly change to the Epcot line?
That's definitely my preferred free option because I like riding the monorail, but it's not the fastest.

A bus would probably be faster if it weren't for the long walk to the entrance from where they drop you off.

EPCOT to Disney Springs. Not sure if we will be in closer to the International Gateway or the front of the park.
TIA

EPCOT to Disney Springs. Not sure if we will be in closer to the International Gateway or the front of the park.
TIA
You'll need to travel to a resort to catch a bus to DS.

From the IG, the Beach Club bus stop is closest.

From the front of the park, a bus to SSR, getting off at the Congress Park stop, will leave you a short walk to DS Marketplace, while buses to OKW or Port Orleans will give you the option of riding the boat to DS, and a bus to any other resort will get you a transfer to a DS bus that will drop you off at the DS Town Center.

Last edited:
Disney Springs to Hollywood Studios - which resort should we bus to or is there another way? (Looking for Disney only ideas - I know Uber/Lyft would be easiest but it’s not so important to get there fast that it’s worth paying)

Bus to POFQ. Bus to DHS.

Or, boat to POFQ. Bus to DHS.

Or, walk to SSR. Bus to DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter