Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Super helpful as it simplifies going from DAK to Boo Bash (I mean - the original plan wasn't that much more work but it's awesome to know I can just go to MK). Thanks again!

AK seems to be the park that opens earliest so if it opens at 8AM I would recommend being at the Contemporary bus stop at 6:30 AM, take the first bus to AK then take a bus to Riviera.

But I'm not sure if there are any buses running from parks to resorts before the park is open. So it may be difficult to get a bus from AK to Riviera before the official AK opening time.

But I'm not sure if there are any buses running from parks to resorts before the park is open. So it may be difficult to get a bus from AK to Riviera before the official AK opening time.
Buses are arriving at AK from all resorts. My experience has been if you're at a bus stop eventually one will arrive and take you to the resort. Have you had a different experience?

Is the only bus transportation to Disney Springs from a resort? Not from theme parks? Are there boats to Disney Springs from any resorts?

If we are having dinner at 8:30 at California Grill, could we get an Uber or Lyft back to our hotel (Dolphin) when we are finished? If not, what would be the easiest way back? Walk to MK and take bus? Boat to TTC (if that is a thing)? I know it will be around park closing time, so things may get hectic, but trying to make it as smooth and crowd free as possible.

Is the only bus transportation to Disney Springs from a resort? Not from theme parks? Are there boats to Disney Springs from any resorts?
Correct, currently no park to DS transportation even after 4 PM. And the boats from POR/POFQ, OKW & SSR haven’t started running yet - maybe after the PO resorts open in October.

If we are having dinner at 8:30 at California Grill, could we get an Uber or Lyft back to our hotel (Dolphin) when we are finished? If not, what would be the easiest way back? Walk to MK and take bus? Boat to TTC (if that is a thing)? I know it will be around park closing time, so things may get hectic, but trying to make it as smooth and crowd free as possible.
Yes, you will be able to do that. We took an Uber from Contemporary to DHS after our dining reservation.

Buses are arriving at AK from all resorts. My experience has been if you're at a bus stop eventually one will arrive and take you to the resort. Have you had a different experience?

Not in the morning, but I almost had an issue with the reverse of this. I was trying to get from AKL to Contemporary a few minutes after MK closing time. I tried to get on an MK bus at AKL and driver said he couldn't take me there after park closing. I explained to him that I actually needed to get to the Contemporary (via walkway from MK). He agreed to let me on, and then midway through the ride, he said he would actually take me directly to the Contemporary before pulling into MK (because it was raining and he didn't want me to get wet). So it worked out well, but another driver may not have been that flexible.

Not in the morning, but I almost had an issue with the reverse of this. I was trying to get from AKL to Contemporary a few minutes after MK closing time. I tried to get on an MK bus at AKL and driver said he couldn't take me there after park closing. I explained to him that I actually needed to get to the Contemporary (via walkway from MK). He agreed to let me on, and then midway through the ride, he said he would actually take me directly to the Contemporary before pulling into MK (because it was raining and he didn't want me to get wet). So it worked out well, but another driver may not have been that flexible.
Glad it worked out and even better that they took you directly to Contemporary!

Yes, I’ve heard it’s difficult/impossible to get to a closed park as they’re trying to take everyone away from that park. Glad it worked for you!

Hello, all! I need some guidance! We will be staying at Pop in September and have a breakfast reservation at Cape May for 8:15am on our departure day. Will it be possible for us to take the skyliner all the way to the IG at Epcot that early? If so, what time should we plan to get to the skyliner?

Hello, all! I need some guidance! We will be staying at Pop in September and have a breakfast reservation at Cape May for 8:15am on our departure day. Will it be possible for us to take the skyliner all the way to the IG at Epcot that early? If so, what time should we plan to get to the skyliner?
Unlikely. The Epcot line generally doesn’t start running until about an hour prior to park opening.

You'll need to check what time the Skyliner starts running from Pop to CBR - it may not be running at all that early, in which case the Epcot line wouldn't be running either. It probably depends on what time DHS opens that day (the Skyliner will probably start running about an hour before? I'm not sure). If the Skyliner is running, I believe they'll let you ride from CBR to Epcot since it's a loop and has to bring guests from Riviera to CBR in order to get to DHS. I'm pretty sure I've read reports of people being able to take the Epcot Skyliner because they had breakfast ADRs at Trattoria al Forno, but I'm not sure how early that was.

I see that the MK/EP monorail is now open. Would this be the best way back to Yacht Club after HEA at MK? Or would the bus be faster? Also, this would be on a Boo Bash night, which we're not attending. Does that make any difference for transportation back to resorts?

I see that the MK/EP monorail is now open. Would this be the best way back to Yacht Club after HEA at MK? Or would the bus be faster? Also, this would be on a Boo Bash night, which we're not attending. Does that make any difference for transportation back to resorts?
The Epcot monorail drops off at the front of Epcot; YC is in back of Epcot, outside the International Gateway, and there is no walkway around Epcot. This means that you would have to monorail to Epcot, enter Epcot (park hopper ticket required), walk through Epcot, exit through the IG, and walk to YC. So bus directly to YC will be generally faster.

Thoughts on getting from resort to resort?
We are staying at CBR and doing a fireworks cruise leaving from GF. Getting there isnt a huge concern as we are likely either leaving from HS and will just take a bus to GF or will be having dinner at MK then either monorail or walk?
What about getting back after? Should we try to get a bus to HS or EPCOT and then skyliner? Or should we walk/monorail to MK and get a bus from there?
I highly recommend that you have dinner at Narcoossees. The cruise leaves from that dock. That’s one less leg of travel.

We were staying at the Polynesian and took a boat to GF. Not sure about the easiest way from CBR.

ShannyMcB:
I’m thinking you should go to MK and take the bus to CBR. Why make an extra step and those parks may not even be open as late? Or taking guests? It seems easy to just go next door to MK and grab your proper bus. Yes it will be busy after fireworks but by the time you get off the boat and walk over the crowds may have thinned a bit

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice surrounding the following itineraries:
AKL -> Riviera Resort 9/23 arrival time 10am
Riviera Resort -> Poly 9/23 departure time around 2pm
Poly -> DAK 9/24 Opening park time
Poly -> MK 9/25 Opening park time (How is the ferry? I kinda want to use all modes of transportation during our trip)

Thanks for any advice y'all can provide me! First time going to WDW! SO EXCITED!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter