Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

I do not know when the Skyliner will be ready and fully operational, but that would go directly from AoA to the Epcot IG. THAT would be the ideal transportation mode.

Oh, wow, I completely forgot about that option that is coming to Disney! That would be a very cool and exciting way for me to get there, absolutely! I can't wait to try those.

And of course, if all else fails, I have taken the Mears taxi service here and there over the years on my trips, if I just didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of the complicated commute or if I was running late or whatever. But ideally, I do try to take advantage of all the Disney transportation options and plan accordingly to do so, if I am able.

Oh, wow, I completely forgot about that option that is coming to Disney! That would be a very cool and exciting way for me to get there, absolutely! I can't wait to try those.

And of course, if all else fails, I have taken the Mears taxi service here and there over the years on my trips, if I just didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of the complicated commute or if I was running late or whatever. But ideally, I do try to take advantage of all the Disney transportation options and plan accordingly to do so, if I am able.
With our family, we try to maximize and diversify the transportation also. Depending on our plans, we even go one method and leave a different method. Just a thought.

I did just speak to a Disney castmember on the phone but I wanted to get confirmation from the dis before I believe it.

I'll be staying at a value resort but I wanted to make a breakfast dining reservation at an Epcot resort before Epcot itself, is opened, like I wanted to get an 8AM or so seating at Ale and Compas at the Yacht Club.

If I take the Bus from my resort to Epcot, and Epcot is not yet open, how would I get to the Yacht Club for my breakfast reservation? The cast member told me there is a walkway. I only know of the walkway by the international gateway in World Showcase that takes you to the Epcot resorts. Is there really another walkway to the resorts from somewhere where the buses drop you off by the Epcot entrance where I could then walk to the Epcot Resorts?
A few thoughts....there is no walkway from the front of Epcot to the Epcot resort area. There is the walkway from the IG to the resorts, but if the park isn't open, you won't be able to get there from the bus stop area.
You could take the early bus to DHS and then walk to the YC..takes about 20 mins. Or....you could take an Uber from AoA to YC.....the two resorts are very close to each other, probably a 5-8 min ride depending on traffic lights. And pretty inexpensive as well.

Bus from HS to Springs? I read recently that they have bus service from the parks to Disney Springs after 4pm. Is this true or do we still need to ride back to the hotel first?

Bus from HS to Springs? I read recently that they have bus service from the parks to Disney Springs after 4pm. Is this true or do we still need to ride back to the hotel first?
Yes, this is true. There are buses from each park to DS starting at 4:00 each day.

I’m new with the whole WDW transportation thing. What time do buses start from the resorts actually start each day? If I don’t get to the park at least an hour before opening, I’ll go crazy. (especially AK with FOP and HS with SWGE)

I’m new with the whole WDW transportation thing. What time do buses start from the resorts actually start each day? If I don’t get to the park at least an hour before opening, I’ll go crazy. (especially AK with FOP and HS with SWGE)
Normally I would say 6:30 am but your question indicates you may be there during EEMH which is new. I would anticipate buses will begin picking up guests an hour before park opening and possibly even 90 minutes before park opening. I’m not sure we’ve experienced EEMH before so not sure of history of that.

Normally the buses start around 6:30am. But, if the park opens prior to 8am, I believe they will start about an hour prior to that very early opening.

Does anyone know how late the buses from AKL to AK run on a 9pm close night? My Mom and I are planning on spending the day at AK and then taking a bus to Kidani for a 7:35 dinner at Sanaa. I spent nearly 2 hours there solo on my last visit and it’s my Mom’s first time, so I figure that we won’t be finished until about 9:30. We’re staying at BWV and the easiest option would be transferring buses at AK. I know that buses run 2 hours after park close, but does that include going TO the parks or just FROM them? Our other option would be Uber.

Does anyone know how late the buses from AKL to AK run on a 9pm close night? My Mom and I are planning on spending the day at AK and then taking a bus to Kidani for a 7:35 dinner at Sanaa. I spent nearly 2 hours there solo on my last visit and it’s my Mom’s first time, so I figure that we won’t be finished until about 9:30. We’re staying at BWV and the easiest option would be transferring buses at AK. I know that buses run 2 hours after park close, but does that include going TO the parks or just FROM them? Our other option would be Uber.
Bus drivers are not supposed to take you to a closed park, except to get back to your car in the parking lot. You would need to go to an open park or DS to transfer.

If DHS is open past your dinner time, you could get a bus there and walk or take the boat to BW, but you might have to wait a bit for a boat if you get there right after F! or the fireworks ends. And bear in mind that there is no transportation between the Epcot bus area and the Epcot resorts.

Thank you, joelkfla! I figured that we probably wouldn’t be able to take a bus to a park after close, but realized that I didn’t actually know the answer. And I never thought about HS. I think that I’ll cross my fingers that they’ll extend park hours and we can transfer there.

Hi, im new here... currently planning our first family trip to wdw for next year.. we are a family of 3 from perth, australia.. :)
our daughter will be 8 yr old next yr so should be perfect for this trip...

Our plan at wdw will include 3 "relax" days...
First is our first day where we'll just drop our bag and check in at pop century in the morning (around 8-9am) then going around disney springs and boardwalk...
Then second is one day in the middle where we'll go to the typhoon lagoon...
And last is our check out day...

We'll stay at pop century for the whole trip...
We're thinking of doing 5 TS dining on those 3 days... 3 breakfast & 2 dinner...
The Supercalifragilistic, Ohana & Trattoria al Forno for Breakfast..
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue & Story Book Dining for Dinner...

Looking for suggestion on which one we should do on which day... we are thinking transportation would be the main decision factor here, so we really need help with planning the best transportation to take... thankss

Hi, im new here... currently planning our first family trip to wdw for next year.. we are a family of 3 from perth, australia.. :)

First is our first day where we'll just drop our bag and check in at pop century in the morning (around 8-9am) then going around disney springs and boardwalk...

We're thinking of doing 5 TS dining on those 3 days... 3 breakfast & 2 dinner...

Looking for suggestion on which one we should do on which day... we are thinking transportation would be the main decision factor here, so we really need help with planning the best transportation to take... thankss
What is your flight scenario like? I assume it would be early arrival on your check in day, but your check out day might need some clarification, especially to consider where to eat and when you need to prep for airport arrival and how you are getting there. DME or Uber.

Actually, you will have the Skyliner available to you from Pop to get you over to Epcot. This would be over to the International Gateway. So from here, you could take friendship boats over to Boardwalk (Trattoria). Your other two breakfasts are on the monorail route, so you could skyline to Epcot, tap into Epcot walk through to the monorail from the main entrance. But you should only do this IF you have a ticket allotment for that day. If you saved a little cash by only getting the number of days you are planning on being in the parks, then this would eat up one of those days and would NOT be a good thing!! I had this happen to my mom and dad last November, even though I specifically told them not to. We only found out when they couldn't enter the Magic Kingdom on the last day of our trip together!

Anyway, if you can cut thru Epcot, then Skyliner to Epcot and then monorail to Ohana or GF or boat to BW. If you cannot cut thru Epcot, then you are probably looking at Skyliner to HS and then bus to Ohana or GF or to take boat from HS to BW.

That's for the breakfast.

For your two dinners, they are both on the Magic Kingdom boat launch circuit. So, either get yourself to the MK and hop a boat, or get to a park/DS and then bus over from there.

For your middle day at Typhoon Lagoon, you would be physically closer to Trattoria for breakfast, so planning that for that day would save you the most in transportation time. However, you said your first day, you were planning on going to BW already. Might as well do Trattoria breakfast while you are already there first thing, yes?

Either way, for your two dinners, you are in the same situation - get to a park and bus over or get to MK and ride the boats.

I will assume that you are NOT planning on going back to POP between breakfast and dinner on any of these days because of Pop's being out of the way for most of these locations.

So, Day 1: Skyliner from Pop to either Epcot IG or DHS and then boat over to BW for Trattoria breakfast. Then explore resorts and either boat/bus back to Epcot to get on monorail to MK for boat transfer for dinner.

Day 2: option 1: bus from POP to MK. Monorail to either Ohana or GF for
breakfast. Option 2: Skyliner from POP to Epcot IG, cut thru Epcot and monorail from Epcot to TTC to either Ohana or GF. Then, after breakfast, bus from breakfast to Typhoon Lagoon. Then bus back from TL to MK and ride boat to dinner.

Day 3 breakfast same transportation as Day 2 breakfast.

Anybody else have any thoughts?
Some of this does depend on your ticket status for cutting through Epcot from the IG to the main entrance. And some also depends on what you want to do between breakfast and dinner on Day1. I am assuming day 3 has your flight out scheduled, so you would need to get back to Pop after breakfast.

Just a thought, when people are specifically asking for transportation on a non-park day, I think we should be very cautious about recommending they take the Skyliner to IG, cut through Epcot to access the monorail. That one simple step might use up a day of their passes that they were not intending to use. First-time guests may not be as familiar as many on this board are about how passes work.

Also, for the guests above to access Grand Floridian or Polynesian, it is much easier and less time consuming for them to take a bus from Pop to the MK then take either the monorail or water taxi from there.

Even though the Skyliner is going to be amazing, it won't always be the best option for Pop/AoA guests to access certain locations at WDW.

I had friends who were going to Hoop-Dee-Doo on a non-park day. They realized they were early when they arrived to transfer from the bus to water-taxi so 'popped in to the Magic Kingdom' to purchase something they had seen the day before. They didn't realize until the last day of their trip that this little 'pop in' had cost them $30+ when then needed to add another day to their passes in order to go to a park their final day. Thankfully Disney allowed them to add a day even though technically they had used the last day of their passes the day before.

Thanks a lot for the help...
We will actually arrive the night before check in day and planning to stay at the airport hotel, so the next morning we can arrive at Pop early using the DME... And on check out day, we will take uber or taxi to the universal / seaworld area hotel (havent decided on which hotel yet)...
And yes, we wont be able to enter (cut through) the park on those 3 relax (non-park) days...

So i think , Day 1:
Skyliner from Pop to either Epcot IG or DHS and then boat over to BW for Trattoria breakfast.
Then explore BW & surrounding resorts before taking bus to the Disney Springs from one of the resort.
Then bus from Disney Springs to the WL for dinner.
And whats the best way from WL back to Pop ?

Day 2:
Bus from POP to MK then Monorail or Water Taxi to either Ohana or GF for breakfast.
Then after breakfast, bus from Ohana or GF to Typhoon Lagoon.
Then bus back from TL to WL for dinner ?
Then using the same method as day 1 to get back to Pop.

Day 3: Breakfast same transportation as Day 2 breakfast.
Is it possible to carry our luggage with us and leave them at Poly or GF bell service so that we dont have to go back again to Pop and can just take the uber from Poly or GF ?

Thanks a lot for the help...
We will actually arrive the night before check in day and planning to stay at the airport hotel, so the next morning we can arrive at Pop early using the DME... And on check out day, we will take uber or taxi to the universal / seaworld area hotel (havent decided on which hotel yet)...
And yes, we wont be able to enter (cut through) the park on those 3 relax (non-park) days...

So i think , Day 1:
Skyliner from Pop to either Epcot IG or DHS and then boat over to BW for Trattoria breakfast.
Then explore BW & surrounding resorts before taking bus to the Disney Springs from one of the resort.
Then bus from Disney Springs to the WL for dinner.

Day 2:
Bus from POP to MK then Monorail or Water Taxi to either Ohana or GF for breakfast.
Then after breakfast, bus from Ohana or GF to Typhoon Lagoon.
Then bus back from TL to WL for dinner ?
Then using the same method as day 1 to get back to Pop.

Day 3: Breakfast same transportation as Day 2 breakfast.
Is it possible to carry our luggage with us and leave them at Poly or GF bell service so that we dont have to go back again to Pop and can just take the uber from Poly or GF ?
The best way to get from WL back to Pop is by taking a boat from WL to MK then bus back to Pop.

I don't believe you'll be able to take all your luggage with you on the bus from Pop to MK. I believe an uber or taxi is your better option to do that. That being the case, I don't have an answer about using luggage services at Poly or GF. Hopefully someone else can answer that. If it isn't possible to use their luggage services, your uber/taxi could take you back to Pop to pick up luggage there then transport you to Universal/Seaworld area hotel.

Epcot IG to BW is a 5-minute walk. You could take the boat, but it would take longer. Even if the boat was loading at the dock as you arrive at IG, it would take about the same time as walking.
If DHS is still open, I would take bus to DHS & Skyliner to Pop. It's your choice as to whether you'd prefer a boat ride to MK or another Skyliner ride. Consider that the bus from MK to Pop could be crowded depending on your travel time in relation to fireworks or park closing. Bus from WL is certain to be nearly empty, and you'll always have a seat on the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter