Official Fish Extender List for PCC 3.0 **contest results and photos**

It is a fish on one side, and other side is a sea horse.

Sign Katie and Kathy up. If anyone wants to break up into groups please let me know.

This thread is going to blow up now that it got a mention on the podcast. :-)

Thanks Kevin!

Well that blows my theory out of the water. Im sure there is something to it, guess we will have to figure it out on the ship. lol

Last summer, a Dream CM explained that the port cabins all have fish, the starboard cabins all have seahorses, and the suites and concierge cabins have seashells. At least, that's what I remember her saying, but it's been a while, and my long-term memory ain't what it used to be....

For those who may be on the fence about signing up for fish extenders, go for it!

My husband, son, and I took a cruise a few years ago and signed up. There weren't a lot of Disers on board, so gifts were pretty easy to manage. Because we were cruising with our then 5-6 year old, things were also pretty crazy and we didn't get the opportunity to meet anyone on the ship either. After we got off the ship, we headed for the airport and were quite early for our flight. We sat down in the waiting area inside MCO next to another couple. Next thing I knew the husbands were sharing a power strip, and then they reached in their bag and pulled out a small bag of candy. We immediately recognized it as a Fish Extender gift (not ours) and what was going to be a boring couple of hours in an airport quickly became a lovely conversation.

There are many ways to "manage" the Fish Extenders. I've started a separate thread about groups. :thumbsup2

For those who may be on the fence about signing up for fish extenders, go for it!

My husband, son, and I took a cruise a few years ago and signed up. There weren't a lot of Disers on board, so gifts were pretty easy to manage. Because we were cruising with our then 5-6 year old, things were also pretty crazy and we didn't get the opportunity to meet anyone on the ship either. After we got off the ship, we headed for the airport and were quite early for our flight. We sat down in the waiting area inside MCO next to another couple. Next thing I knew the husbands were sharing a power strip, and then they reached in their bag and pulled out a small bag of candy. We immediately recognized it as a Fish Extender gift (not ours) and what was going to be a boring couple of hours in an airport quickly became a lovely conversation.

There are many ways to "manage" the Fish Extenders. I've started a separate thread about groups. :thumbsup2

Oh, Scott and Lynn! :cool1:

I'm thinking about signing up for this but I'm a little worried about getting overwhelmed for this, my first ever cruise.

I'm in absolutely no way, shape or form, crafty so I'm kind of at a loss about what to give.

I'm also worried the group will get HUGE and put even further strain on my creative abilities. :laughing:

Also, what about hauling the stuff there/home?

Can we make the first post of the thread a running list so we can see how many people are signing up??

As for hauling the stuff home, Disney has you covered there. We just cruised on the Dream last week and one of the offers in the gift shop was a collapsable DCL duffle for fairly cheap when you spent $25 in the shop, which is easy to do. Yes, we got one.

I'm thinking about signing up for this but I'm a little worried about getting overwhelmed for this, my first ever cruise.

I'm in absolutely no way, shape or form, crafty so I'm kind of at a loss about what to give.

I'm also worried the group will get HUGE and put even further strain on my creative abilities. :laughing:

Can we make the first post of the thread a running list so we can see how many people are signing up??

No worries about being crafty!
As for the actual "fish extender" that you hang outside of your room- please check out the links in post#1 to see you can use anything- a grocery bag, a pillow case, wooden shoes, a tote bag. Or you can purchase or home-craft a hanging "banner" with pockets. MinnieGarden even posted a link of a FE made of duck tape!

The gifts need not be extravagant in any way. And certainly not expensive. Since you are not crafty- consider something small or unique from where you live. Or a small beach/island themed gift. Look in craft stores. But also look in places like Oriental Trading for large volumes at low prices.
Or make something NOT crafty. We have received music CDs- beach themes, Disney music, something you enjoy. CDs are inexpensive and you can build a playlist in itunes and just burn enough CDs for the people on the list.
Or put together small ziplock bags of chocolates or hard candy or gum. Or lip balm. Or a pen with the Podcast Cruise dates on it. Check out companies that do giveaways for companies and do imprinting. You can find tons of inexpensive, personalized items there too!
If you had to give out 100 pens or 100 lip balms- that's not really going to take up to much space in your luggage! :thumbsup2
Just don't forget to leave a little extra space for the things you will receive!!

Another way to avoid the trauma/stress of what to make or give and how many you'll need is to join a group. That way- the group decides what to give, splits to cost between all the members and then also splits the task of delivering to all the cabins between all the members.

If you do go it alone (and many will), then we will be providing a list of all participating cabins prior to our sailing. You can just print this and take it with you. You only have to give one gift to each cabin during the whole cruise. But you don't have to deliver them all on the same day. If we do get 100 cabins- and we're away for 5 nights- then divide your total number up and each day or evening- deliver another batch. Or pick one or 2 floors per day.

It's so much fun delivering your gifts because you will get to see all the creative ways other people have decorated their doors, what ideas you might like for future fish extenders- and you may see other DIS cruisers on your journey too!
It's definitely fun from every aspect! So put away your worries and sign up!

:wizard:(And by the way- the first post in this thread already has a running list of everyone who has signed up- it's at the bottom of the first post).

So the wife and I have been tossing around some FE ideas.

Put together a mock up in photoshop.

Click to make it bigger.

what ya think?

We would like to join!
Julylady & bjkjoy
Bonnie (Grandma)
Donna (Aunt)
Hannah (girl, age 10)
Samantha (girl, age 7)

I am working so can I send our cabin number later?

We would like to join!
Julylady & bjkjoy
Bonnie (Grandma)
Donna (Aunt)
Hannah (girl, age 10)
Samantha (girl, age 7)

I am working so can I send our cabin number later?

Sure thing- PM or post your cabin # whenever you get a chance. :thumbsup2

OK- the list on Post #1 is updated through here. We have 16 rooms participating so far.
But there are 47 rooms listed on the "Post your Room # for PCC3.0" thread.
So jump on in people- join in the fun!!! :cool1:

Donna (Julylady), Bonnie (bjkjoy), Hannah and Samantha will be Cabin # 6098.

BTW... we took the same girls on a 7-day Disney Cruise two years ago and their FAVORITE thing about the cruise was the Fish Extender gifts. They found it so fun to come back and find all the little surprises!

I think we'll participate in both FE groups because my kids are super excited about it!

drmomof3
Amanda, Tom, Nathaniel (8), Jessica (6), Zachary (4)
cabin 10082

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter