Official Fantasyland Expansion Q & A (Mickey gets evicted)

When looking at the blueprints you'll see that the new Cinderella Castle Wall will be encircling the current Dumbo location. If they will have princess greetings open by 2012, but not have Dumbo until 2013, then my assumption would be that Dumbo will be closed for a period in there.

I think that time line was originally announced when Dumbo was going to be over by the train tracks. Does anyone know if they have issued a new timeline since changing Dumbo over near the Barnstormer? That's what has gotten me wondering....

The most recent thing announced was on Wednesday when they announced major construction would begin in two weeks. I think they're avoiding any other dates after that. Heck, it's spring 2010 and I'm still waiting for the official opening day for Hogwarts (of course different company, but same level of expansion).

The most recent thing announced was on Wednesday when they announced major construction would begin in two weeks. I think they're avoiding any other dates after that. Heck, it's spring 2010 and I'm still waiting for the official opening day for Hogwarts (of course different company, but same level of expansion).

Would you post here when you see a revised timeline? I just have a feeling things might have changed up a bit since Dumbo moved.

We'll be there in December and I'm keeping an eye on this thread to be up to date on what's going on.

We were going to head west for summer vacation, but now since my boys want a beach vacation, I'm thinking Florida in June. Just to make them happy you know..... It has nothing to do with my desire to see Toontown one last time.....

I found this on another theard. After Double checking it looks like dumbo will be opened with the princesses. This may have came about when they which the location of tinkerbell tree and dumbo.

New time line ...............................................................................

according to wdwnewstoday:

Walt Disney World Railroad will closed for 3-4 months in 2010 to accommodate Fantasyland Expansion :scared1:
( not sure how this effects the promise that no rides would be closed. Maybe they ment permentaly)

Mickey’s Toontown Fair Closes Permanently Fall 2010

Ariel’s Grotto Closes Permanently TBA

Pooh’s Playful Spot Closes Permanently TBA

Goofy’s Barnstormer at Wiseacre Farm Closes TBA to be transformed into Timothy (from Dumbo) circus coaster

The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh facade will be re-themed to the Hundred Acre Woods during a Refurbishment Spring 2010

The Mad Tea Party will be re-themed during a Refurbishment TBA :scared:

Fantasyland Expansion Phase I (includes Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, and Ariel Realms, and Dumbo’s circus area) Opens 2012

Fantasyland Expansion Phase II (includes Pixie Hollow) Opens 2013

That whole ToonTown Fair area was just supposed to be a temporary attraction from its initial opening as Mickey's Birthday Land or something like that. I remember being there when it was new, and having a birthday party with Mickey and the other characters in the big tent. The only reason it's still there is because Disney has sat on its laurels for a long time and not expanded as other parks have in recent years. Now, with the additions at Universal, they need to get it going again and make sure the vacation focus is kept on Disney. My kids had a blast playing there as toddlers, but the expansion will be sweet and worth the closings of ToonTown and Pooh's Thotful Spot IMO.

I hope that the new character meet and greet area doesn't cause a bottle neck at the entrance of the park.

I hope that the new character meet and greet area doesn't cause a bottle neck at the entrance of the park.

I don't think it will, they'll be meeting in that building on the right off to the side when you enter the park, (I can't remember the name of the building). It shouldn't block traffic in anyway trying to get into and out of the park

I don't think it will, they'll be meeting in that building on the right off to the side when you enter the park, (I can't remember the name of the building). It shouldn't block traffic in anyway trying to get into and out of the park

Meet and greets will be moved to expo hall. It is to the left as you enter the park. right across for city hall & next to tony's. There has been construction going on there the last few weeks. This is prob. for adding M&G areas for each princess and mickey.

If anyone has been in MK over the last few weeks plz leave an update.

It might be old news, but i realized that i forgot to add it.

Star tours II ???...............................................................

Star tours will close in oct 2010.

Star tours will be refurbished and will debut in 2011.

I am really excited but also nervous about the new changes! Doesn't DLR already do the Mickey meet and greet in a similar area?

I am really excited but also nervous about the new changes! Doesn't DLR already do the Mickey meet and greet in a similar area?

Yes they do. as far as I know they plan on keeping toontown in DL. This is where Mickey's and Minnie's "Full Time" house is. The one in WDW was mickey's and Minnie's "Country Home."

Yes they do. as far as I know they plan on keeping toontown in DL. This is where Mickey's and Minnie's "Full Time" house is. The one in WDW was mickey's and Minnie's "Country Home."

Ahh- I thought so- TYSM! It will be neat to see how the re do that area :) :goodvibes

Update ...........................................................

Not sure if this is part of the expansion, but those traveling here it is

from Mousesavers

Cinderella Castle exterior (Magic Kingdom) under refurbishment through 3/31/10. During this time, scaffolding may cover portions of the Castle. The Castle will remain open to guests. The moat may be drained for refurbishment during this time as well.

Update ...........................................................

Not sure if this is part of the expansion, but those traveling here it is

from Mousesavers

Cinderella Castle exterior (Magic Kingdom) under refurbishment through 3/31/10. During this time, scaffolding may cover portions of the Castle. The Castle will remain open to guests. The moat may be drained for refurbishment during this time as well.

Actually, I believe the moat has already been drained and re-filled. There were some pictures floating around here somewhere...

Ahh- I thought so- TYSM! It will be neat to see how the re do that area :) :goodvibes

I do not know if they are going to be redoing the DL toontown. In DL that have 2 other rides. roger rabbit (RR), goofy roller coster, and one other i can't remeber. I've only been on RR twice. This ride ALWAYS breaks. :headache:

Mickey and minnie houses are bigger here. altho i do not know if they still have chip and dale tree house, goofy's house. I'm sure there is more

Meet and greets will be moved to expo hall. It is to the left as you enter the park. right across for city hall & next to tony's.

That would be to your RIGHT as you enter the park.
(Or "your other left.") ;)

Exposition Hall is labelled #22 on the image below.

MK-MainSt-E-South-121809s.jpg

We were at DW Dec 12-19 2009, and those were the EXACT dates magic carpets were closed. I remember the last day they were closed was the day we were leaving, so there was no chance of us riding them.
As I doubt they'll be closed the exact same dates two years in a row, I think you were told Dec 2009 closings.

I tried calling again
I found out the lady i spoke with before did give me the wrong dates. I also found out that Disney do not close the same ride two years in a row on the same dates. This is b/c they know people tavel yearly and most likely on the same dates. :woohoo: Go Disney! they think of everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter