• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

I will be there Nov 16-19, on a solo trip. I live on the east coast and go to WDW regularly. The last time I was a Disneyland was in 2016, and that was the first time I had been there since the 70's, and on that trip it was really cool to re-live those childhood memories.

I will arrive on Nov 16 around mid-day. I have park reservations for DL on the 16th, then alternating DCA and DL the next 3 days. I have park hopper tickets.

Any suggestions on other reservations I should make for dining, attractions, events, etc.?

When I'm solo in the parks, I usually don't want to do big sit-down meals. Instead, I like to find a nice lounge and have an appetizer and a cocktail. Any suggestions?

The Guardians ride at DCA was not yet open the last time I was there, so that is a priority for me. The Avengers Campus and Galaxy's Edge are also new since the last time I was there (but I've been to Galaxy's Edge in DHS).

November park hours are starting to be released - for mid-week, first week of November, park hours are showing 8am-12am for Disneyland. I'm surprised by the extended hours! When we have previously gone during the same time period, hours have been 9am-10pm. My kids aren't old enough yet to make it to midnight, but we will be there for 8am!

November park hours are starting to be released - for mid-week, first week of November, park hours are showing 8am-12am for Disneyland. I'm surprised by the extended hours! When we have previously gone during the same time period, hours have been 9am-10pm. My kids aren't old enough yet to make it to midnight, but we will be there for 8am!
I was shocked by that as well! But also pleasantly surprised since I was expected a 10pm or so closure.

I also reserved Traders Sam lunch today for the first Saturday on November! Very surprised to see it! I’ve never eaten there and not even heard of it even though go to Disney everyday! Only became intrigued by reading the posts about it!

Also thrilled about the extended hours!

Last edited:
Happy about the possible extended hours but disappointed that it doesn’t look like Fantasmic will be showing during the week. Just Friday Saturday Sunday 😢. Hoping the extended hours continue for the whole holiday season.

Happy about the possible extended hours but disappointed that it doesn’t look like Fantasmic will be showing during the week. Just Friday Saturday Sunday 😢. Hoping the extended hours continue for the whole holiday season.
I know...that's a bummer. The bright side is that there won't be all the F! congestion and bottlenecks to deal with.

Another day of the park hours released for our dates today, and while the extended hours are still continuing, I noticed Monsters Inc will be down! While it's not my favorite, I love this little ride. Boo! Oh well, at least it looks to be the only DCA closure (in addition to Redwood Creek).

Another day of the park hours released for our dates today, and while the extended hours are still continuing, I noticed Monsters Inc will be down! While it's not my favorite, I love this little ride. Boo! Oh well, at least it looks to be the only DCA closure (in addition to Redwood Creek).
I saw that too :( Any idea how long it might be down? It is super cute! Does Redwood Creek have a Halloween theme that needs to be removed? My kids love that area.

I saw that too :( Any idea how long it might be down? It is super cute! Does Redwood Creek have a Halloween theme that needs to be removed? My kids love that area.
Not sure on the length of the Monsters Inc yet, except it's showing for the 1st - 3rd so far. And yes, unfortunately, Redwood Creek is used for Villains Trail during OBB. From what I recall in previous years, it's usually a fairly short downtime. Fingers crossed for your dates!

It's almost October. Pretty soon we can say "I'm going to Disneyland next month!" 🥳

What's everyone's first must dos? Or just main things you are excited for/looking forward to?

As an aside, our arrival day will be a park day, entering about 12 or 1pm. I'm picking DL as the entering park (we have hoppers), but does anyone know if you can go straight to DCA (in this example) as our starting park if we enter at or after 1pm?

So to answer my question, if we enter DCA as our starting park, my first must do is getting on IC or GotG standby (depends on wait times) as I book whatever LL looks good. For DL, it's Pirates!

Checking in!
We are coming from Australia and will be in Anaheim from Nov 13-20
Visiting the parks for 5 days.

I'm bringing my two kids aged 4 and 6, and my Hubby is staying at home this trip and I'm bringing my Aunt who has never been to the USA or a theme park before!
I have the following booked - we are splurging and so excited

BBB
Princess Breakfast
Fantasmic Dining (Hungry Bear)
World of Color Desert Party
Cafe Orleans

It's almost October. Pretty soon we can say "I'm going to Disneyland next month!" 🥳

What's everyone's first must dos? Or just main things you are excited for/looking forward to?

As an aside, our arrival day will be a park day, entering about 12 or 1pm. I'm picking DL as the entering park (we have hoppers), but does anyone know if you can go straight to DCA (in this example) as our starting park if we enter at or after 1pm?

So to answer my question, if we enter DCA as our starting park, my first must do is getting on IC or GotG standby (depends on wait times) as I book whatever LL looks good. For DL, it's Pirates!
I am most looking forward to dining at Blue Bayou (first time) and seeing my youngest go on the “big rides” (she wasn’t quite 40” when we went 3 years ago). She’s now 45” so can almost do everything (and she’s very excited about it!)

Checking in!
We are coming from Australia and will be in Anaheim from Nov 13-20
Visiting the parks for 5 days.

I'm bringing my two kids aged 4 and 6, and my Hubby is staying at home this trip and I'm bringing my Aunt who has never been to the USA or a theme park before!
I have the following booked - we are splurging and so excited

BBB
Princess Breakfast
Fantasmic Dining (Hungry Bear)
World of Color Desert Party
Cafe Orleans

So fun! I lived in Australia for a couple years-welcome!

I will be there Nov 16-19, on a solo trip. I live on the east coast and go to WDW regularly. The last time I was a Disneyland was in 2016, and that was the first time I had been there since the 70's, and on that trip it was really cool to re-live those childhood memories.

I will arrive on Nov 16 around mid-day. I have park reservations for DL on the 16th, then alternating DCA and DL the next 3 days. I have park hopper tickets.

Any suggestions on other reservations I should make for dining, attractions, events, etc.?

When I'm solo in the parks, I usually don't want to do big sit-down meals. Instead, I like to find a nice lounge and have an appetizer and a cocktail. Any suggestions?

I would looove to do a solo trip someday! Trader Sam’s at DLH and the lounge at Carthage Circle are both great choices for drinks and apps. Are you interested in the WOC dessert party or one of the Fantasmic dining packages? We’ve done both and are repeating both this trip.

Typically our first in DL is Peter Pan if we rope drop or Pirates or Haunted if we enter later. This year we will arrive about the same time as you on our first day and actually made DCA our first day park. My mom and sister and daughter’s boyfriend haven’t seen Cars Land or anything newer than that, so planning to explore and start with whatever great new ride has the shortest wait. We have Genie + for all days but I’m not sure how useful it’ll be that day.

Yesterday I started booking my fun! Ok, I grabbed an Oga’s Catina reservation, just in case we don’t get one for Friday night. Today I booked my WOC desert party (YAY). This isn’t my first time at the parks, or my second or my third…but It is my first time staying at the GCH!
Our plan:
Wednesday: arrive at the hotel around 1130am; drop our stuff and hit Disneyland. We do have Genie + but it will probably be a little useless by this time. Currently have a Reservation for Oga’s after 5. Since its our first day, I am thinking we will be hitting as many rides as possible this day.

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! California Adventure: Early entry, I’m so glad this perk is back! I’m not sure what all is open, but for my perfect world: I would hit Soarin first; then head over to TSMM, Incredicoaster, then Guardians..We will do breakfast at Flo’s. This is also our WOC desert party night!

Friday: Disneyland! Fantasyland during early entry!! We want to do Galaxy edge at sundown, Oga’s cantina (if we get a reservation for this night, I will cancel Wednesday’s) Savi’s Workshop, and Droid Depot.

Saturday: California Adventure, Early Entry…No big plans, just have fun. Dinner at Tortilla Jo’s

Sunday: Disneyland, Early entry…Breakfast at Minnies (I think) I don’t want to over plan, just enjoy this day as much as we can.

Monday, Checkout and fly home.

We want to fit in a Fantasmic Dining package, and a Monte cristo at Cafe Orleans, but I also don’t want to over plan.

Yesterday I started booking my fun! Ok, I grabbed an Oga’s Catina reservation, just in case we don’t get one for Friday night. Today I booked my WOC desert party (YAY). This isn’t my first time at the parks, or my second or my third…but It is my first time staying at the GCH!
Our plan:
Wednesday: arrive at the hotel around 1130am; drop our stuff and hit Disneyland. We do have Genie + but it will probably be a little useless by this time. Currently have a Reservation for Oga’s after 5. Since its our first day, I am thinking we will be hitting as many rides as possible this day.

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving! California Adventure: Early entry, I’m so glad this perk is back! I’m not sure what all is open, but for my perfect world: I would hit Soarin first; then head over to TSMM, Incredicoaster, then Guardians..We will do breakfast at Flo’s. This is also our WOC desert party night!

Friday: Disneyland! Fantasyland during early entry!! We want to do Galaxy edge at sundown, Oga’s cantina (if we get a reservation for this night, I will cancel Wednesday’s) Savi’s Workshop, and Droid Depot.

Saturday: California Adventure, Early Entry…No big plans, just have fun. Dinner at Tortilla Jo’s

Sunday: Disneyland, Early entry…Breakfast at Minnies (I think) I don’t want to over plan, just enjoy this day as much as we can.

Monday, Checkout and fly home.

We want to fit in a Fantasmic Dining package, and a Monte cristo at Cafe Orleans, but I also don’t want to over plan.

I booked WOC dessert for the same night as you. It will be our Thanksgiving treat! I'm trying not to over plan too but have options. I'm hoping there will be some good options for food during the Festival of the Holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter