**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

Another quick report:
Ride breakdowns were all over today. We saw at least 7 rides down at various times in DLR.
Patience and flexibility are key to enjoying the day. We changed plans a dozen times when crowds, ride breakdowns, etc. got in the way.
CMs have been friendly and helpful, even when they looked a bit frazzled.
Seeing all the holiday stuff for the first time has been amazing! I’m ready to put up my Christmas tree as soon as I get home! (Except DH will strongly object.)
G+ has been very useful. It wasn’t cheap, but I’m getting lots of photopass pictures and I estimate that it’s saved us about 2.5 hours of wait time (based on standby waits vs LL wait for rides we used it on).
That said, it’s way more difficult to navigate the G+ process in the DLR app vs MDE. After doing this at WDW in June for the first time, I find the DLR version more frustrating. It’s especially difficult if you park hop.
It’s also been so fun to see the characters wandering the parks! I love that!

Have any of your November Disneylanders gone to Trader Sam's yet this season? Just wondering if they put up any decorations this year or have any holiday drinks. I think they did in past years.

We were there for Dapper Day weekend (11/4-11/6). We did Genie+ each day and loved it. Didn't need it before 11 on Friday, and before 10ish on Saturday/Sunday. But I wouldn't have done it any other way because it allowed us to slow down in between rides and enjoy everything else about the parks that we love.

We had an off day on 11/7 and 11/8 was the rain day. Seeing that rain the forecast had me so worried but it was the best day we had. Near walk-ons everywhere. We didn't buy Genie+ thank heavens because it was not needed. The evening was unreal with how empty the parks felt.

But we paid for it on 11/9. I'm guessing anyone who had any flex in their 11/8 plans shifted to 11/9 because it was easily the busiest day of our trip which was weird since it was a Wednesday. We didn't buy Genie+ mostly because we had already done everything but looking back it was kinda anti-climactic to not do the big ticket items on the last day. We probably should've bought it and just enjoyed re-doing all of the favorites.

Well, got up at 4 am and got all 8 of us to airport for our 6:15 flight. Then had to deplane and are now waiting. Moved to a later connection. Argh.
So, yesterday was rough. We did get on our rebooked second flight-but it put us in DCA at almost 3 instead of before 1. With the park closing at 5, we had little time and genie + was useless. We did eat some great food from festival booths-and the Christmas tree peppermint soft serve and the chicken pesto come from cozy cone were big hits. Got on a couple rides, then hopped to DL (we’d booked millennium falcon and small world). It was crowded but so lovely with the lights. We did those two rides-several in our group hadn’t seen Galaxy’s Edge-and then most of us went back to hotel while three stayed-I booked thunder mountain and space mountain for them.

Today was just lovely! Four of us made it to early entry in DL-and between that and genie + and relatively low morning crowds we’d been on 10 rides by 10:30. The weather is perfect today. Back at hotel-I’m a 2 bedroom DVC villa-with a glass of wine on balcony before a little pool and nap time. Heading to DCA tonight for a few headliners and more food.

So, yesterday was rough. We did get on our rebooked second flight-but it put us in DCA at almost 3 instead of before 1. With the park closing at 5, we had little time and genie + was useless. We did eat some great food from festival booths-and the Christmas tree peppermint soft serve and the chicken pesto come from cozy cone were big hits. Got on a couple rides, then hopped to DL (we’d booked millennium falcon and small world). It was crowded but so lovely with the lights. We did those two rides-several in our group hadn’t seen Galaxy’s Edge-and then most of us went back to hotel while three stayed-I booked thunder mountain and space mountain for them.

Today was just lovely! Four of us made it to early entry in DL-and between that and genie + and relatively low morning crowds we’d been on 10 rides by 10:30. The weather is perfect today. Back at hotel-I’m a 2 bedroom DVC villa-with a glass of wine on balcony before a little pool and nap time. Heading to DCA tonight for a few headliners and more food.

We are here too and having a great time! It’s complicated with a group of 14, haha, but we’ve booked lots of lightning lanes and gotten in everyone’s favorites plus food and chill time, some favorite rides more than once. We leave on Saturday.

We'll be there soon, so excited! We have a party of 8 with 4 for there 1st ever disney trip ( two littles 5 and 9yrs old ) We'll be flying in Nov.29th and going for 3 days, Wed. through Fri. and flying home on Dec. 3rd. Hopefully 3 day hoppers will be enough time for newbies and the rest of us! Staying at Desert Inn across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter