***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

I understand, Aladora. We're also seriously considering cancelling, but it's so hard. We've waited and waited and rescheduled 5-6 times now after our March 2020 trip was postponed. I'm putting off the decision because it'll be really emotional to make the call and cancel. I keep hoping things will dramatically improve but it seems unlikely.

Well, given everything going on re: Covid, we have pretty much decided to cancel our November trip. :sad: All 3 of us are 99.99% sure we will cancel but DH and I don't want to make the final choice until it gets closer.

On a good note, I was able to find someone with DVC points to rent and have booked my 50th birthday trip next March!

Good job on finding someone with points!!!

I know this is such a hard choice to make. I am all over the place thinking about this trip. Everything we have booked can be cancelled so just playing it by ear right now.

Good job on finding someone with points!!!

I know this is such a hard choice to make. I am all over the place thinking about this trip. Everything we have booked can be cancelled so just playing it by ear right now.

It was a bit of an ordeal since there was no one who owns VGC points who wanted to rent so I had to wait for the 7 months out before someone who owned somewhere else could book. I sent PMs to a half a dozen members here who posted they were renting points and almost all of them were not willing to try at the 7 months date! Finally, the day before the 7 month window opened, I found a wonderful member here who did it! :hug:

Maybe we should have a virtual party/commiseration group for those of us who end up cancelling for November. I'm really stressed about it!

Think Genie will be available for early November? While I’ve read a bunch, will it be similar to Maxpass? I’ve tried that once and loved it.

Think Genie will be available for early November? While I’ve read a bunch, will it be similar to Maxpass? I’ve tried that once and loved it.

I'm really hoping it will be! 🤞 It sounds very similar to MaxPass with the exception of a few rides not being included. We'll be there Thanksgiving week so any kind of 'FastPass' option will be welcome!

But maybe with everything going on the holidays won't be as crowded if some folks end up not feeling ready to travel which would be nice! I'm jealous of those super low crowds DL and WDW are having right now.

Tomorrow is my 60 day mark for dining. I never see anything right on that day. Should I worry/stalk the system starting tomorrow? Is there a pattern to when certain restaurants open up availability? Thanks!

Tomorrow is my 60 day mark for dining. I never see anything right on that day. Should I worry/stalk the system starting tomorrow? Is there a pattern to when certain restaurants open up availability? Thanks!
I haven’t started looking at dining yet but from what I have seen reservations are hard to get and not being released on time.

Joining in. Booked at VGC 11/8 - 11/10 to use some of my DVC points.

But before that, we will be at WDW 9/24 - 10/7 for the anniversary. And a few times between now and November, we will be there to use our Magic Keys (went on 9/3 and scheduled for this Saturday too).

I'm stressed about the dining too! Particularly the not being released on time aspect.. that's a sure fire way to miss out on what you want! We'll be there on Thanksgiving day too so that'll be hectic as is getting dining!

West Jet changed our flights around having us return home a day later with a long layover.... So for now I have extended our hotel by one day and will take a day off in the middle or Hubby would prob like to go to Knotts to do some rides. All hope I am not doing all this planning to end up cancelling at the end. I do feel like that is the route is is taking though.

OK - dining reservations are showing for my one day park hopping trip in early November. I ended up booking two Lamplights - one for lunch and one for dinner. Realizing there aren't really places in DL to have a drink with our meals.....right? I had Cafe Orleans booked, but then saw there were only 4 entrees (is that right??). Newbie here, so is sit down dining in the parks not really a huge thing? We do like to sit and eat our meals. Thanks!

Lamplight Lounge or Carthay Circle Lounge for lunch? (with kids - checked both menus for them - they will be fine). What would be "better" and why? Thanks!

Lamplight Lounge or Carthay Circle Lounge for lunch? (with kids - checked both menus for them - they will be fine). What would be "better" and why? Thanks!
I need to start peeking at menus. I loved both, Lamplight was nice to sit down stairs out looking at the the Incredicoaster taking off.

Dining is opening up for our dates now, woohoo! Got Goofy's Kitchen for dinner for the day we land so far.

Wonder when we'll get Thanksgiving info! I'm so nervous about securing dining that day so be nice to know if they'll be doing anything special.

Will there be anything going (or not going on) at the parks during my 1 and only park day? 11/3

Including ride closures, etc....

Kids love any kind of scavenger hunts. We will probably be in between seasons, huh...?

Will there be anything going (or not going on) at the parks during my 1 and only park day? 11/3

Including ride closures, etc....

Kids love any kind of scavenger hunts. We will probably be in between seasons, huh...?
Big Thunder Mtn is currently closed for refurbishment with an unknown “Fall” reopening date. Seems like people think it’ll be open by 11/3, but no official word yet.

Finding Nemo subs are closed with an opening date of “Winter” so they may not be open 11/3.

The DTD Pumpkin scavenger hunt will probably end with Halloweentime on 10/31. However, you can always do your own scavenger hunt. one option would be searching for hidden Mickeys (there’s a book available in park or as an app).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter