***Official DLR May 2022 Check-in Thread***

Please add us to the list!
We are staying May 29-May 31 at The Camelot. I don't mind, and have wanted to try it again since the refurbished rooms, but it was basically all that was left! I couldn't figure out why and now I see it's because of the Star Wars Celebration convention.

I'm still trying to talk my husband into this, logistically it makes sense because we will only be 4 hours away from Disneyland for something else (a Disney tattoo I'm getting!) vs our usual 11 hours. And by talking him into it, that means:
- park hopper tickets are already bought
-ADRs are already made (got Ogas!)
-hotel reservation is made
Ok, husband won on this one sadly. So cross us off. On a positive note, we are coming in August and can make it a 3-4 day park day trip vs a 2. And i have more time to plan and be excited. So I am ok with it.
Now I have to find the official August check In Thread

Add me to the list! We’ll be there 5/7-5/11 staying at Desert Inn and Suites. It will be myself, my boyfriend, 17 yo son, 21 yo daughter, daughters finance, and my 9 month old granddaughter.

I’m excited and nervous about potential crowds with the return of so many nighttime shows! Trying to decide if we’re going to suck it up and purchase Genie+ (RIP MP)

Also it’s the first time we’ve been in May and I’m hoping the weather is nice. We’ve been in September when it was sooooo hot and humid and not overly pleasant.

Here now and the weather is lovely. A bit chilly in the mornings and evenings, so I'm frustrated that I left both my jacket and hoodie in the car at the airport. I may don ODS rain jacket for world of color tonight because he has other options.
We had to reschedule our trip from this weekend to next weekend and I forgot to post in this thread! It's just a quick one. We arrive on 05 May and depart 08 May. Staying at King's Inn. DL reservations for Friday, Knott's on Saturday, CA reservations for Sunday (flight is at 7pm!)

My cousin lives nearby and wants to join us. But just realized DL reservations are sold out for Friday?! Is it really that busy??
I screwed up and didn't book my Dad a reservation for Wednesday, because I forgot he was planning to go over between the end of his conference and before his flight. I realized this Wednesday or Thursday last week and noticed some weekend days had surfaced, but nothing for during the week. I checked again Friday night and lo and behold all the weekdays were available for both parks.
So I would check again. Maybe you'll get lucky like I did.

Its really not that busy. There are people but the lines aren't terrible. Some are longer than others and arriving early does make a difference.
Not an update (yet, Uhg), but more of a rant/need to sob to someone, lol. We are planing for May 20-23 and we are coming from a road trip down the west coast from Canada.

We are less than 2 weeks away from leaving and the kids keep getting sick over the last couple months!! Not covid related but colds and flu (some fevers). And now my daughter came home from school again because she is having aches and a fever. They were home schooling up until March and ever since they went back they have been sick. So I assume they are catching everything at school. So now I am all worried that sickness is going to ruin our 20 day trip that I have had planned prior to covid. I started planning fall of 2019 and covid screwed it up. It was a lot of planning and I have essentially updated our plans throughout the covid so that once we were able, we could rebook things. So I’m just frustrated. Even if we are tested and covid free I wonder if they will let us past the border? Normally I assume they wouldn’t care if someone had a cold but with covid around who knows. I just want to get over the border and start our trip already, lol!!

I just hope whatever this is will be gone and out of our house by the 11th! If something screws up this trip it will be mentally devastating.
I would only be worried if someone actually has a fever. We've had the same experience. Homeschool last year and constant sickness since the kids went back in the fall. My poor 2 year old has had like 4 fevers in the last year. My other kids have pretty much had that many in their entire lives but they've definitely been sick more in the last few months too.
So frustrating!

I didn't see a May thread (or Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr) either so figured I would start one! Comment to be added! I'll do my best to keep up. Note: When I add your details, I will like your post rather than comment in order to keep the thread cleaner, but please let me know if I have inadvertently missed you after a few days of posting.

Key Dates:
Grad Nights: May 13,14,18,20,21,25,26,31
Mother's Day: May 8
“Bats” Day: May 8
Memorial Day Holiday: May 30
Star Wars Nite(s): May 3, May 4th be with you, May 27
Star Wars Celebration (Anaheim convention): May 26-May 29

DisBoards May Park Lovers:
April 29 - May 2 at the Park Vue - Jackiii
April 29 - May 7 - DLH & GCH - heather913
April 30 - May 4 - TBD - Federalist45
April 30 - May 4 - Hilton Anaheim - danceintherain
April 30 - May 7 - VGC - mas05
May 1 - 4 - Desert Inn and Suites - lalasmama
May 1 - 5 - TBD - DreamtheImpossible
May 1 - 6 - Disneyland Hotel & Courtyard Marriott & SWAD 5/3- Pluto468
May 1 - 7 - Club Wyndham Anaheim & SWAD 5/4 - Patricioso
May 1 - 8 - The Del Sol - Reymagsnlevismom
May 2 - 6 - TBD - & SWAD 5/3 - Gypsybear
May 2 - 7 - DLH & SWAD 5/4 - kerreyn
May 2 - Oct 22 - Homewood suites - smartlabelprint
May 3 - 6 - Wyndham Anaheim - straightpast
May 3 - 10 - GCH DVC villas - sgrap
May 5 - 8 - King's Inn - q2b
May 6 - 8 - VGC - taaren
May 7 - May 11 - Desert Inn and Suites - lindyv321
May 7 - 12 - Desert Inn and Suites - Piglet99645
May 7 - 13 - DLH - BGinCali
May 8 - 12 - Camelot - Dizzy4DL
May 8 - 12 - Ayres Orange - PiratePixiePark
May 8 - May 13 - GCH Villas - TinkerTay
May 9 - 14 - GCH - heathrow
May 10 - 15 - Four Points - DreamtheImpossible
May 12 - 15 - DLH - 707MickeyGirl
May 15 - 18 - SunCoast Park Hotel - staceylacey1
May 15 - 19 - Camelot - Punky'sMama
May 15 - 19 - Grand Californian - blabbermouth
May 18 - 21 - Del Sol - DLmama
May 18 - 27 - GCH Villas - eryn the pooh
May 19 - 21 - DoubleTree by Hilton Anaheim Orange County - DizneeRailFan62
May 20 - 22 - HoJo - DharmaLou
May 20 - 23 - HoJo - Critter3
May 20 - 23 - DLH - smallbutmighty
May 20 - 25 - GCH - Beck & the Beast
May 23 - 27th - Camelot - GoHorns94
May 24 - 29 - Delta Hotels by Marriott - Morgan063006
May 25 - June 2 - TBD - & SWAD 5/27 - TikiTikiFan
May 27 - 30 - Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn & SWAD 5/27 - lm3js
May 27 - 31 - BWPPI - CandyMouse
May 29 - May 31 - Camelot - maleficent55 (Rescheduled)
May 31 - June 2 - GCH - Fairy Floss
May 31 - June 4 - Howard Johnson - Magic2000
May 31 - June 4 - Courtyard Theme Park Entrance - mdmost
May 26-May 30 - Hilton Home 2 Suites - buckeev

HUGE FAVOR ask for the May visitors that are there or haven't gone yet... I just added myself to the July Check In thread. We are WDW regulars taking our 2 kids (DD 10 and 7) for the first time this summer. I was wondering if any kind fan would be willing to grab us a physical map of DL and DCA to mail to us while we plan. I have a very visual, ADHD kiddo that needs to have an idea of where she's going ahead of time (so the anxiety doesn't kick in) and the APP just isn't enough. I'm happy to paypal you $1 for envelope and stamp if someone would be willing to mail me a park map for the two. Thank you in advance! (Feel free to PM me for the address if this wouldn't be too much trouble.) Thanks DISfans. :D

HUGE FAVOR ask for the May visitors that are there or haven't gone yet... I just added myself to the July Check In thread. We are WDW regulars taking our 2 kids (DD 10 and 7) for the first time this summer. I was wondering if any kind fan would be willing to grab us a physical map of DL and DCA to mail to us while we plan. I have a very visual, ADHD kiddo that needs to have an idea of where she's going ahead of time (so the anxiety doesn't kick in) and the APP just isn't enough. I'm happy to paypal you $1 for envelope and stamp if someone would be willing to mail me a park map for the two. Thank you in advance! (Feel free to PM me for the address if this wouldn't be too much trouble.) Thanks DISfans. :D
in the interim could you airplay or "cast" the app onto a large TV so they can see it in a larger yet interactive setting? I was just there but missed your post otherwise I'd have been happy to send one.

I’ll be there next weekend. I’ll try to grab some maps for you if I remember!

in the interim could you airplay or "cast" the app onto a large TV so they can see it in a larger yet interactive setting? I was just there but missed your post otherwise I'd have been happy to send one.
That's a great idea! We've been watching a lot of YouTube videos, but I didn't even think of that. :)

I remembered to grab a couple maps for you if you still need them!

I remembered to grab a couple maps for you if you still need them!
You are so sweet! I did have another DIS member offer and the maps are on their way. I’ll let you know if they don’t survive the cross-country USPS trip. 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter