***Official DLR June 2022 Check-in Thread***

I will be releasing an Oga’s Cantina reservation for tomorrow (June 14) at 7:30pm for 4 guests if anyone is looking for a time. I’ll hold off for a while to see if anyone wants to coordinate to try to pick them up when I cancel.

I had posted the other day that we may have to reschedule due to my husband's newly found melanoma. Thankfully, the doctor said it was okay to wait and have the surgery when we get back! So we hit the road on Friday. We are taking 4 days to drive out there and I am getting nervous! My son has never gone on a trip this long. He's autistic and really gets upset with things out of routine. And every time we mention the road trip or that we're going to Disneyland he gets kind of mad. So fingers crossed he'll have fun once it's underway.

I still have a crazy amount of packing to do!

UPDATE

Well the big news is that the USA Government have finally removed the requirement to have a negative Covid test and a Fit To Fly Cert. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I have cancelled my pre flight Covid test and received a confirmation email which says refunds can take up to 14 days. I am sure they are swamped with refund requests, so it will be interesting to see when the money goes back into my bank account.

This makes the day before my flight so much easier, as I now dont have to worry about a test and can just sort out my online check in for my flight.

I have put the travel alerts on my credit cards, so that they don't get blocked when I use them.

Now I just have some last minute things to get in the shops , get through one last week of work, pack and do my online check in.

Day 3 is done. My husband was tired but I wanted to keep going so my son and I went in the parka around 9:30. We did a short morning visit and did Tiki Room, Big Thunder, then hit GE for more blue milk. Smugglers LL was farther out then I liked so we went single rider. Worked out great, we waited like 1 minute and then got to ride together anyway. Then we went on the railroad and did Star Tours. Then left for lunch and break. Plan was to come back at dinner for a marathon of all 3 nighttime spectaculars.

Came back all together around 5 for dinner at French Market. Then back to GE, got blue milk and the dessert at docking bay. Saw Kylo and stormtroopers out interrogating. Best part was watching them interact with a little kid in a vader costume. LL for smugglers was out to 8:00 which was later than I wanted. So we decided to do single rider again. Worked great, literally walked on and all three of us got to ride together. Then droid depot to build a new c series droid. After that we went to stake out a spot for the electrical parade. Got a pretty good spot. Grabbed some dole whip from nearby tiki bar. Saw parade (man that music brings me right back to my childhood). Then moved into main street behind the hub for fireworks. Saw those and then made our way over to get a spot for fantasmic. Saw that, so good! Then made our exit. The crowds were massive but Disney does a great job of controlling the flow. Our feet and legs hurt after all the standing in one place for the shows but it was fun to see them all.

So far we have had an amazing trip. We have never done more than 1 day in the parks so its been nice to take it slower, take breaks and spend time doing things we normally wouldn't do. With Genie and mobile order, we haven't waited for more than 15 min for any ride and all food is ready right when we arrive. Totally worth it to us. With the crowds as high as they have been, it would be a nightmare to not have it.

Today lunch at Trader Sams, a little downtown disney shopping. Then friday is our last day. Hope to hit RoTR one more time. Probably smugglers and star tours again. Maybe space too.

So you aren't going to get tested before entering a small tube with air recirculating??

Is that to me?

The USA Government has removed the requirement to test to enter USA, so officially no I don't have to test.

I know I am Covid free as I work from home and have basically isolated myself for the last 14 days. When I leave my house I wear a mask. I got a grocery delivery today and I wore a mask when interacting with the delivery person.

I do have home Covid tests which I will bring with me. Most likely the day before my flight I will do a home test, just for peace of mind.

Today I completed the first part of my online checkin. My Airline uses Verifly App for the attestation form and Covid Vaccine cert. Its been updated and now all I had to do was tick the box to confirm I have a passport and scan the QR code on my Vaccine cert. So now when I go to the airport, I just have to show the confirmation screen with my photo and the green ticks. It should make check in and bag drop faster, as I wont have to line up in the big queue with all the people who for whatever reason want to do the old fashioned in person check in and show paper documents.

Oh my goodness. I'm finally in LA. Its been an adventure getting to California this time. I got caught up in the big Delta airline flight chaos over the weekend and my itinerary got messed up. I had a cancelled flight, a delayed flight, and a missed connection but eventually made it to Seattle for my Amtrak train to LA. The train was amazing, and I will be writing up a full trip report. Now to relax in LA for a few days and then Disneyland :)

Well...the first part of our trip went really well. We were in the parks Tuesday 21st - Saturday 25th. The 26th was supposed to be our last day in the parks. However....on the night of the 25th my husband started feeling kind of crappy. We hoped it was usual allergy stuff but the next morning he took one of the covid tests we brought along. Sadly...it was positive. Obviously we weren't about to be selfish and go into the parks for our last day. So we cut our trip short and started the 1500 mile journey home. Needless to say, we were pretty disappointed. And now all 3 of us have covid. We managed to avoid it for over 2 years so it's really upsetting. Especially since this trip had been planned/rescheduled so many times. We wore masks most of the time indoors but did take them on while on some attractions so I regret that now, as I am at higher risk of complications from covid.

So yeah...while we did have a great time up until that point, it did put a bit of a black cloud over the whole experience. We got home yesterday and I already want to go back for a do-over trip. No idea when that will happen.

But I think this will be our last summer trip because it was just too dang hot out there for us!

Well...the first part of our trip went really well. We were in the parks Tuesday 21st - Saturday 25th. The 26th was supposed to be our last day in the parks. However....on the night of the 25th my husband started feeling kind of crappy. We hoped it was usual allergy stuff but the next morning he took one of the covid tests we brought along. Sadly...it was positive. Obviously we weren't about to be selfish and go into the parks for our last day. So we cut our trip short and started the 1500 mile journey home. Needless to say, we were pretty disappointed. And now all 3 of us have covid. We managed to avoid it for over 2 years so it's really upsetting. Especially since this trip had been planned/rescheduled so many times. We wore masks most of the time indoors but did take them on while on some attractions so I regret that now, as I am at higher risk of complications from covid.

So yeah...while we did have a great time up until that point, it did put a bit of a black cloud over the whole experience. We got home yesterday and I already want to go back for a do-over trip. No idea when that will happen.

But I think this will be our last summer trip because it was just too dang hot out there for us!
I'm so sorry to hear that. There is a huge uptick in the number of cases (well, anecdotally speaking). I got covid 2 weeks ago, all of my coworkers got covid, my cousin got covid, my aunt got covid. I haven't been around most of these people within the last month, so we are all getting it from different places. Myself, aunt, cousin, and family have all avoided it as well up until this point. Good thoughts for you all.

Edited to add: if it makes you feel any better, I don't know if wearing the masks more would have helped. Whatever strain is going around is so contagious. And I totally believe in the efficacy of masks.

Sorry to hear that. We were there 6/11-6/18 and we did a lot of mask wearing (I wore mine every time I was indoors and even outdoors when I felt it was too crowded). But my husband started feeling sick about 5 days after we got home and tested positive for Covid. Thankfully it didn't impact our trip as we were home and so far the rest of us have stayed well even with Covid in our house. No way to know for sure he got it from Disney/travelling but he didn't go anywhere after we got home (he works from home). Covid is really everywhere and we knew we were risking getting it but we'd postponed this trip twice already so we we just wanted to go and have a good time.

I know how it feels to have a trip impacted by illness though, we went to Disney World in early 2020 (before Covid shutdowns) and I got sick for our last couple days of the trip. It stinks to spend so much time planning and so much money on the trip only to have it impacted by illness.

I've been in USA/ travelling since June 19 and now currently in Disneyland. I double mask indoors and outdoors and no indoor dining. I've been testing myself every second day and all clear, negative. Yes it's hard, especially in this heat and yes my ears hurt, but being Covid free is worth it.

That's awesome that you are diligent with masking. We forgot sometimes because we were just so into the trip. And unfortunately, even with masking we probably would have caught it anyway. Our son is autistic and puts his hands in his mouth a lot. No amount of telling him to stop seems to help and it's impossible to keep his hands germ free 100% of the time. We knew this was a risk. Just wish it had hit us AFTER we were done in the parks. We will still take the risk and go again in a year or two probably. Or we might go to WDW next time. Who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter