***Official DLR AUGUST 2022 Check-in Thread***

Rethinking park reservation plans…starting park that is. Have park hoppers.

Current plan:
Sunday 7th: Disneyland
Monday 8th: DCA
Tuesday 9th: DCA
Wednesday 10th: Disneyland

I like to start and end with the castle, so set in stone is starting and ending in Disneyland.

I guess what’s throwing me now is which park to start with on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Early entry hours start on Monday the 8th. It’s our first time staying at the Grand Californian and so we’ve never ever had an early entry for DCA. So at first I was thinking for sure we would start there on Monday. Now early entry is for either park on any day for hotel guests.
So which park would be better to start early at the VERY FIRST day of the return of EMH?

Will it matter? I need feedback/ideas

Sorry to barge in on the August thread, but we were there in early July. We didn't stay at DLH, but we did eat at Trader Sam's and the construction is right by there, and it was loud. That said, we couldn't hear it once we were inside the restaurant. Based on that, if I were requesting I'd probably request Fantasy Tower, or maybe Adventure Tower. Since the new tower is closest to Frontier Tower, I would avoid that one if possible.
Thank you for that info it is very helpful!

I have two reservations for 6 ppl for the Riverbelle Premium F! package I am going to drop for both 8/6 and 8/8 if anyone is interested. Happy to coordinate.

I still have a Blue Bayou regular reservation for 3 ppl for Wednesday august 10th @ 5:40pm

I also have an ***elusive*** Oga’s cantina for 3 ppl for Monday august 8th @ 9pm

I SWEAR I’m not an ADR hoarder but my plans have been fluid and have locked into place more since I was able to get a F! Premium

Rethinking park reservation plans…starting park that is. Have park hoppers.

Current plan:
Sunday 7th: Disneyland
Monday 8th: DCA
Tuesday 9th: DCA
Wednesday 10th: Disneyland

I like to start and end with the castle, so set in stone is starting and ending in Disneyland.

I guess what’s throwing me now is which park to start with on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Early entry hours start on Monday the 8th. It’s our first time staying at the Grand Californian and so we’ve never ever had an early entry for DCA. So at first I was thinking for sure we would start there on Monday. Now early entry is for either park on any day for hotel guests.
So which park would be better to start early at the VERY FIRST day of the return of EMH?

Will it matter? I need feedback/ideas
Reports are that Mondays are the worst crowds, especially at DL. I would consider skipping DL altogether that day and just focus on DCA to get the most out of it with everyone else focusing on DL. Then do DL early the rest of the time to get the most of your ride time in the morning. Giving you flexibility to hop over to DCA if there is more you want to do there.

Also, if you find you really want to change your reservation set up once you are there, I hear the guest services can be helpful on that front.

Last edited:
Our park days are the 14th (sunday) through 19th (friday), with a break on tuesday. We are alternating DL (Sunday, Wednesday and Friday) and DCA Monday and Thursday, with park hoppers and plan on Genie plus. Am I correct that once it hits 1pm, we can just bop back and forth all day and use Genie + LL's at either place? Seems like even with crowds, we could hit the non-LL rides in the first 2 hours and maybe try to get rope drop RSR one of the DCA mornings (we are staying at the Grand Cal, so we can enter earlier).. This is my first DLR trip, and Genie+ experience, so I'll take any feedback on my strategy thoughts for our first 2 days at DL and DCA... after that, we'll still get Genie+ and want to crush a ton of rides, but i won't worry as much with planning on focus on what rides everyone enjoys the most. (Family is wife, twin 15yr old girls, and a 21yr old (Star Wars obsessed).

14th - DL - need to prioritize Haunted Mansion (closes on 15th), so go to Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and if we can do BTMRR, Splash, Millennium early, we'll take what we can get. Use LL for some of these rides later when things are busier, in particular, make sure to get HM in again at least once. Late morning/lunch time, hit Fantasy Land and Tomorrowland using Genie+ LLs, followed by OGA's reservation at 2p. Enjoy Galaxy's edge for a while and at some point, we can get our Hungry Bear Fantasmic boxed dinner. We need to get on Monsters Inc at some point too, as it closes on the 15th and we've never been... is it skippable, or should we prioritize? After that and prior to Fantasmic, we can just Genie+ whatever rides we missed or want to do.. Fantasmic package, we don't care if we are in the front row, so is there a more reasonable time we can go there for our preferred seating? 830 safe? Post-fantasmic, just enjoy the park late night.
Some questions:
- How could we fit in ROTR -- wouldn't mind buying ILL for this day, but could we fit it in late night and wait? we wouldn't mind staying in the park late and waiting an hour or so.
- How does early morning work? Rides in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open, so should we do a few Fantasyland rides and then head to Indiana Jones, or BTMRR and mix in with the rope drop? Should we alter our rope drop strategy and not go to Adventure/New Orleans/Frontierland areas?

15th DCA - early entry, do a mix of Soarin, Guardians, W Slingers, Incredicoaster, whatever we can get in. Or maybe do 1 ride and head to RSR's for rope drop, which everyone wants to ride? For the remainder of the day, work through every ride in the park using Genie+. We have a lamplight break in the afternoon and may go back to Grand Cali for pool or rest. Spend the remainder of the day on rides and eating/drinking. Would anyone recommend trying the virtual queue for WOC at noon, is it worth it? DCA seems more manageable to get through the rides if you have Genie+, but please let me know if anyone has any strategies using early entry and given we want to try to get on RSR without doing the ILL.

Sorry for the length, but would love any seasoned pro tips for our first two days!! Once we get through the first few days, we'll probably just jump between parks and do the rides everyone likes most.

I still have a Blue Bayou regular reservation for 3 ppl for Wednesday august 10th @ 5:40pm

I also have an ***elusive*** Oga’s cantina for 3 ppl for Monday august 8th @ 9pm

I SWEAR I’m not an ADR hoarder but my plans have been fluid and have locked into place more since I was able to get a F! Premium
And an Oga’s for Monday aug 8th at 12:10pm for 3

If no one replies to these by this evening, I’ll post on another thread

Reports are that Mondays are the worst crowds, especially at DL. I would consider skipping DL altogether that day and just focus on DCA to get the most out of it with everyone else focusing on DL. Then do DL early the rest of the time to get the most of your ride time in the morning. Giving you flexibility to hop over to DCA if there is more you want to do there.

Also, if you find you really want to change your reservation set up once you are there, I hear the guest services can be helpful on that front.
Thank you.
I will keep Sunday as a DL start
And keep Monday as a DCA start

We are going to start in DL on Tuesday and start our last day, Wednesday, in DCA but of course end in Disneyland with a goodnight kiss

Our park days are the 14th (sunday) through 19th (friday), with a break on tuesday. We are alternating DL (Sunday, Wednesday and Friday) and DCA Monday and Thursday, with park hoppers and plan on Genie plus. Am I correct that once it hits 1pm, we can just bop back and forth all day and use Genie + LL's at either place? Seems like even with crowds, we could hit the non-LL rides in the first 2 hours and maybe try to get rope drop RSR one of the DCA mornings (we are staying at the Grand Cal, so we can enter earlier).. This is my first DLR trip, and Genie+ experience, so I'll take any feedback on my strategy thoughts for our first 2 days at DL and DCA... after that, we'll still get Genie+ and want to crush a ton of rides, but i won't worry as much with planning on focus on what rides everyone enjoys the most. (Family is wife, twin 15yr old girls, and a 21yr old (Star Wars obsessed).

14th - DL - need to prioritize Haunted Mansion (closes on 15th), so go to Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and if we can do BTMRR, Splash, Millennium early, we'll take what we can get. Use LL for some of these rides later when things are busier, in particular, make sure to get HM in again at least once. Late morning/lunch time, hit Fantasy Land and Tomorrowland using Genie+ LLs, followed by OGA's reservation at 2p. Enjoy Galaxy's edge for a while and at some point, we can get our Hungry Bear Fantasmic boxed dinner. We need to get on Monsters Inc at some point too, as it closes on the 15th and we've never been... is it skippable, or should we prioritize? After that and prior to Fantasmic, we can just Genie+ whatever rides we missed or want to do.. Fantasmic package, we don't care if we are in the front row, so is there a more reasonable time we can go there for our preferred seating? 830 safe? Post-fantasmic, just enjoy the park late night.
Some questions:
- How could we fit in ROTR -- wouldn't mind buying ILL for this day, but could we fit it in late night and wait? we wouldn't mind staying in the park late and waiting an hour or so.
- How does early morning work? Rides in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are open, so should we do a few Fantasyland rides and then head to Indiana Jones, or BTMRR and mix in with the rope drop? Should we alter our rope drop strategy and not go to Adventure/New Orleans/Frontierland areas?

15th DCA - early entry, do a mix of Soarin, Guardians, W Slingers, Incredicoaster, whatever we can get in. Or maybe do 1 ride and head to RSR's for rope drop, which everyone wants to ride? For the remainder of the day, work through every ride in the park using Genie+. We have a lamplight break in the afternoon and may go back to Grand Cali for pool or rest. Spend the remainder of the day on rides and eating/drinking. Would anyone recommend trying the virtual queue for WOC at noon, is it worth it? DCA seems more manageable to get through the rides if you have Genie+, but please let me know if anyone has any strategies using early entry and given we want to try to get on RSR without doing the ILL.

Sorry for the length, but would love any seasoned pro tips for our first two days!! Once we get through the first few days, we'll probably just jump between parks and do the rides everyone likes most.
Your trip sounds great and you’ve definitely put a lot of thought into it.
You are right about park hopping, you can hop after 1pm but I believe you can start scheduling those ILLs in the opposite park right away, it just won’t schedule you until 1 or after

I can’t comment on the virtual queue for WOC; the last time I was there the virtual queue didn’t exist, we’ve always done dining packages for WOC. This time we are finally trying a dessert party. If you don’t try for a virtual queue, do you have another way you’d see it? To me, it’s a not to be missed show.

Can I ask a favor of anyone there or arriving in the next few days?
Curious what the time/characters offered at Animation Academy currently?
Just a quick phone pic of the info board would be great!

We are trying to plot out our one day plan and we will most likely work around what characters we most want to draw!
THANK YOU in Advance!

Just three weeks left until I arrive! I'm relieved I grabbed a MSEP dining package when my dates opened up - I was half expecting to cancel it as the Plaza Inn menu isn't a great fit for us, but now that it will be the parade's farewell week (and now that I've found out I can sub out the entree) that bit of breathing room should be very worth it. And of course, all credit to this board for alerting me when Blue Bayou reopened reservations so I could secure F! viewing.
My itinerary is taking shape as:
Saturday 8/20: CA start, Lamplight brunch, Storytellers' dinner with the WOC package
Sunday 8/21: DL start, Blue Bayou lunch with the F! package (at least, I hope I can request the package - it's just a regular reservation)
Monday 8/22: CA start
Tuesday 8/23: DL start, Plaza Inn lunch with the MSEP package
Wednesday 8/24: DL start

Last time (2017) we didn't end up seeing ANY of the nighttime shows (other than watching the fireworks once from our hotel balcony) so hoping to catch up big time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter