Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Here is one from May. From Grand Floridian bakery and delivered to Poly. One tip: no one at Poly front desk and bell services knew where the cakes would be delivered. They are always delivered to Kona, apparently. Maybe you all know that already.

They did a great job and cake was delicious.

... trying to remember how to do attachments here...

Appreciate the assistance from this board picking a 21st birthday celebration cake. Amorette’s for the win! Minnie dome cake- they were great! Left message and they called me back. $59- picked up the cake on the way to dinner at WBG. WBG was expecting it and offered to refrigerate for us. They brought out plates and even sang to her.
The cake itself was just outstanding! Lemon cake. Very mild lemon flavor. White chocolate filling with strawberry. The buttercream was the best I’ve ever eaten! Didn’t even mind the gel coating. And the packaging- just spectacular! Highly recommend!

BD86593D-3126-49BB-83DF-4A2953A5E7CA.jpeg20552D83-A60F-4424-AF3D-3738D5A3EE48.jpeg66A65852-A83D-46F4-85B0-02275A1E6E2B.jpeg

It has been over two years since I have ordered a custom cake from WDW and I am so excited to be back in the game! I emailed the GF yesterday to place three cake orders, and I can't wait to hear back from them!

I ordered two mini cakes for our Tony's reservation. One is to be Disney Dog-themed(pre-birthday) and the other Lady and the Tramp(anniversary). For the real birthday, at Jungle Skipper Canteen, a "Happily Ever After" fireworks-themed 6-inch cake.

I can't wait to hear back from them, and when I do, I'll post an update. Happy Caking!:flower1:

Playing catchup on this thread, so sorry if my questions are redundant. It sounds like GF is now delivering cakes to MK restaurants, correct? How much info do I need to place an order? Can I just tell them it's for a 5 year old's birthday who wants a cake with Disney magic, 6 in., not fondant, under $100? (I've tried to get him to tell me what character, etc. he wants, but he just wants a special "Disney World" cake that isn't shaped like Mickey...)

Playing catchup on this thread, so sorry if my questions are redundant. It sounds like GF is now delivering cakes to MK restaurants, correct? How much info do I need to place an order? Can I just tell them it's for a 5 year old's birthday who wants a cake with Disney magic, 6 in., not fondant, under $100? (I've tried to get him to tell me what character, etc. he wants, but he just wants a special "Disney World" cake that isn't shaped like Mickey...)

Yes, I think a general description like that may result in an even better cake than one that has to be very specifically designed! And so far it seems like GF is still delivering to Magic Kingdom.

It was scheduled to be delivered to the room at 9 so I also ordered in room dining at 8:15. At 9 both were delivered and after it was set up he sang happy birthday! Lol, highly unexpected, is that normal?

The cake looks exactly as we discussed and I can't wait to order again. It was $65.

Attachments

• 20210719_091054.jpg
    20210719_091054.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 226

Update...I've worked with Glorimar at the GF for our three cakes and we are all set!

For our Tony's reservation, a Lady and the Tramp Anniversary mini-cake and a Stitch pre-birthday mini-cake!

Then later in the week, a 6-inch fondant covered "Happily Ever After" fireworks birthday cake for DD's Jungle Skipper Canteen birthday celebration!

They are being delivered to the restaurants for us! When we get back from our vacation, I will have pics and reviews!

Update...I've worked with Glorimar at the GF for our three cakes and we are all set!

For our Tony's reservation, a Lady and the Tramp Anniversary mini-cake and a Stitch pre-birthday mini-cake!

Then later in the week, a 6-inch fondant covered "Happily Ever After" fireworks birthday cake for DD's Jungle Skipper Canteen birthday celebration!

They are being delivered to the restaurants for us! When we get back from our vacation, I will have pics and reviews!
I love the idea of a HEA themed cake and can't wait to see pics!

It's been years since I've looked into a cake.
Just want to verify with those in the know - the podium cakes are now the mickey ear dome shaped ones, yes? (all chocolate or all vanilla)
Odds of having it available when I check in at Coral Reef at lunch are pretty good, I think?
This will be for my parent's 52nd anniversary, just a little something special. :) Only 6 of us, two of which don't even like cake, so the size and price of this is perfect. TIA!

@disney_runner Yes, they should have a Mickey Dome cake available for you, but you can also call the number for EPCOT and request one just to be sure (something the Cake Hotline recording recommends).

I just want to check to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start making calls. We are staying at BWI and want to get a cake for DS birthday. We have done this in pre-COVID times, but it looks like they're not delivering right now, and that the Boardwalk Bakery hasn't started making them again yet. Our best bet appears to be to order from the beach/yacht club and go pick it up. Does that sound right? I know DH will be going to get it, so I want to make it as easy for him as possible. Thanks!

@KM82 I would call the number for BoardWalk Inn and check, just in case they have recently started doing specialty cakes again. Otherwise, you might be able to get the Grand Floridian to make one and deliver it to BWI's front desk for you. They seem to be delivering everywhere right now!

I am having a hard time getting to the Yacht Club cake ordering department. Tried a few different numbers and calling into WDW yesterday. Trying to get a cake at Ale and Compass in Sept. Private dining just has a recording saying they are closed, Cake Hotline doesn't have an option for resorts, and calling into the main lines and getting transferred just sent me into recording loop purgatory. Any suggestions? or is what I am trying to do just not available right now?

I am having a hard time getting to the Yacht Club cake ordering department. Tried a few different numbers and calling into WDW yesterday. Trying to get a cake at Ale and Compass in Sept. Private dining just has a recording saying they are closed, Cake Hotline doesn't have an option for resorts, and calling into the main lines and getting transferred just sent me into recording loop purgatory. Any suggestions? or is what I am trying to do just not available right now?
I’ve been talking with Grand Floridian today. They deliver to BWI, so you may be in luck at YC too. I used the email and someone got back to me like 10 min later.

@QueenBeeMB Call the number listed for Grand Floridian Private Dining and see if they'll deliver for you. They've been delivering to other resorts lately—even those with their own pastry teams!

Thank you, gave them a call, got VM and decided to email, gives me more piece of mind to have it in writing, after 2 trips ago when cake didn't show up!

I’ve been talking with Grand Floridian today. They deliver to BWI, so you may be in luck at YC too. I used the email and someone got back to me like 10 min later.

Wonderful to hear, sent an email a few moments ago, hoping for response in the next few days, not rushed as it is for late Sept.

Wonderful to hear, sent an email a few moments ago, hoping for response in the next few days, not rushed as it is for late Sept.

I got an email from him about 15 min ago that he’s heading out for the day but will be in tomorrow at like 5:30 am. He’s finalizing my order tomorrow. Ours is for 8/9, so you definitely have some time! But I would imagine he’ll get back to you soon!

I'm trying to get a cake for our 8/17 dinner at California Grille to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I left a message at the Contemporary private dining # but haven't received a call back. I did try reaching out to Grand Floridian via email but Glorimar responded that they do not deliver to the Contemporary. I still have time - hoping I get a call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter