Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

@MommyHall Try calling any resort/guest services phone number for WDW and asking to be transferred to Private Dining at the Contemporary. Do not mention the word "cake" or they will stick you in the Cake Hotline voicemail labyrinth.

Last edited:
@MommyHall Try calling any resort/guest services phone number for WDW and asking to be transferred to Private Dining at the Contemporary. Do not mention the work "cake" or they will stick you in the Cake Hotline voicemail labyrinth.
Do you know if the chocolate slipper is being offered still? I called and was told it’s not an option right now for reservations at the Contemporary.

@MommyHall That sounds about right. They're made by the Grand Floridian, and they may not have the capacity to send them all over property right now. You could try calling Grand Floridian Private DIning to see if they'll let you pick one up though!

Update, I called the Grand Floridian and spoke with Juli on the private dining line. They do have the chocolate slipper there, so I incorporated it as a birthday cake topper! Juli was very helpful, took my order directly, and I will just need to pick up the cake at the Grand Floridian this Saturday. I think since the Wave is not open & the 50th menu changes coming to California Grill that they aren’t doing bakery requests from the Contemporary currently. The Disney dining line told me that the slipper isn’t available anywhere, which was incorrect and they also told me that I could only order a cake from Amorettes or just have the option of the standard Mickey cake, which was also incorrect. The Grand Floridian was very accommodating and let me pick the flavors, design, etc... and they even gave me a discount due to the contemporary & Disney dining not being helpful. Thank y’all for the advice on who to call! Excited for my daughter to see her cake & chocolate slipper!! 😊

I just ordered a 6inch fondant covered peanut butter cake with peanut butter cup filling topped with a white chocolate goofy and it was $145. The prices have definitely gone up since I started following this thread 6 years ago!🙈 I actually wanted a painted Goofy (like the cake on page 18 of this thread), and she told me she looked into it but they don’t have one already made and that they cost around $100 just for the mold now! I emailed GF bakery last night, and Glorimar returned a few emails this morning and setup a time to called me and in 10 mins everything was settled and paid for and I will be able to pick it up at the GF this Sunday! We have a topolinos reservation, but they couldn’t deliver there. I left the cake as chefs choices, and she said they enjoy being able to create at liberty so I’m excited for how it turns out. I’ll be back with pictures after our trip!

$145-6in cake with buttercream or fondant with 3D mold
$185 for 8in with buttercream or fondant with 3D mold
We are back from our trip! The cake turned out wonderfully! My FH loved it 🥰! So glad we did this! My FH birthday was the first day of our trip, and we ate breakfast at topolinos and then went to Epcot. We didn’t make it on his birthday over to GF to pick up the cake like I had planned, but we used it to let the kids experience the monorail on day #2 from the magic kingdom. It was totally worth the hassle of having to go pick it up! I would definitely order again! The 6 inch was more than plenty for all 7 of us, and we even gave the last two slices to the the cutest two ladies at the GF QS restaurant! Cat and Cindy went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed! The chef took the cake and cut it and brought it back to us with plates and even a box to take it with us but instead we wanted to share with the two ladies that my soon to be FIL said was the highlight of his trip!

PS I have no idea why the pics are sideways or how to change it. 🤦🏼‍♀️ They’re not sideways on my phone.2E0D9EA3-EE3B-41ED-9614-4B225CCBA8E4.jpeg3425B973-A7D0-4FF0-9860-329C70494C5F.jpeg0C42F99C-F23E-42CA-85A6-FEAFCC263869.jpegDF98EED7-351D-43B1-9782-7EAD138CE1B8.jpeg904218F7-B2BA-4ADF-BF49-D4E0C6A46588.jpeg

@CatherineC What a great cake! I'll repost the info and pix here right-side up!

• Size: 6-inch fondant-covered cake
  • Flavors: Peanut Butter cake with Peanut Butter Cup Mousse filling
  • Price: $145 (White Chocolate Goofy was $100)

Thanks! One thing I think I didn’t communicate well. She told me it would have been an extra $100 (on top of the $145) for a PAINTED goofy which is what I had originally requested. I have no idea the break down in the white chocolate with gold dusting + 6in cake; Glorimar just quoted it together as $145.

MY BFF and I will down in 3 weeks celebrating her 50th Birthday! We have reservations at Mama Melrose on our HS day. Do I just contact HS number to order a cake or is there a contact for MM directly.

TIA

Thanks! One thing I think I didn’t communicate well. She told me it would have been an extra $100 (on top of the $145) for a PAINTED goofy which is what I had originally requested. I have no idea the break down in the white chocolate with gold dusting + 6in cake; Glorimar just quoted it together as $145.

Fixed it!

MY BFF and I will down in 3 weeks celebrating her 50th Birthday! We have reservations at Mama Melrose on our HS day. Do I just contact HS number to order a cake or is there a contact for MM directly.

TIA

There is no direct number to order a cake for any restaurant inside DHS, so you need to call the main Hollywood Studios number. If they say that they aren't back to making cakes yet, you can try calling the Grand Floridian to see if they'll deliver one for you. They delivered to EPCOT a couple months ago for someone here.

Thank you all for this wonderful thread!! I tried for a few days to call the dining line to set this up and it was ridiculous. I came to this board and found this thread (thankfully!!!) and was able to send an email. I got a quick response from Julie at the GF and she got us all set up for next week :) I can't wait for my DD to get her Red glass slipper topped bday cake! Julie was wonderful to work with and made the ordering process so easy. I will try to post pics after we return

Hey all. Looking for some help here. I am staying in Pop Century and am trying to order a custom cake for my daughter's Sweet 16. The only cake available is the Mickey cake which she doesn't want. So I try to get in contact with the DHS cake line since we are eating at Sci-Fi for her B-day and all it does is ring and hang up. Any other ideas? I am looking to have a Figment cake made.

@coldasice880 Right now your best bet is to call or email the Grand Floridian at the info provided in Post #2. They have been delivering cakes to all kinds of places they never used to, so hopefully they can help you out!

I just updated my cake delivery. I changed hotels from GF to the Riviera. They do deliver to the Riviera. However, it won't be room service delivery because Riviera does not have room service. I will need to pick it up from the front desk. She told me that they just raised cake prices so I was lucky that I got my order in a few weeks ago. She said that my $145 cake would have been $200. Just fyi!

I just updated my cake delivery. I changed hotels from GF to the Riviera. They do deliver to the Riviera. However, it won't be room service delivery because Riviera does not have room service. I will need to pick it up from the front desk. She told me that they just raised cake prices so I was lucky that I got my order in a few weeks ago. She said that my $145 cake would have been $200. Just fyi!

Wow, that’s a big price difference! I am going to order Ds a cake in Dec. Was hoping to stay around $100-$150. Hope it gets me what I am looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter