Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Just ordered two cakes from the Epcot Cake line to be delivered to Coral Reef in a few weeks. Very easy. I left a voicemail with all of the information requested and received an email about my request a few days later. Coordinated cake design etc via email. Very easy. Two of the two tier Mini fancy Fondant cakes, 2D Character on each, Chocolate Birthday scroll - Quoted $60 each. One Jack Skellington themed and one Cheshire Cat. I will post pictures when we get back.

Yes—they don't monitor the email anymore and I have taken it out of the info in Post #2. Call the main number for the Contemporary at 407-824-3500 and ask to be transferred to Private Dining (because their cake hotline isn't monitored anymore either :rolleyes:).

Here are some cakes that DISer @YCFAN has ordered from Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining recently, plus one from Amorette's. They're really knocking it outta the park these days!

What: Two-tier Cinderella cake with white chocolate topper
Where: Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flavors: Vanilla cake with Lemon Mousse
Price: $380

IMG_5280_zpsqnqa2sbh.jpeg

What: 8-inch Stitch cake with hand-painted white chocolate topper
Flavors: Vanilla cake with Amaretto Mousse
Price: $320

IMG_6244_zpsw6jtbbyw.jpeg

What: 6-inch Cinderella cake with hand-painted white chocolate topper
Where: Crew's Cup Lounge
Flavors: Vanilla cake with Vanilla Filling
Price: $200

IMG_0846_zps2fi3loji.jpg

@TiggerTrigger looked it up: This one costs $59. It was made by Amorette's at Disney Springs and the flavors were chocolate with orange filling.

IMG_6550_zpsel6vfscs.jpeg

Last edited:

Here are some cakes that DISer @YCFAN has ordered from Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining recently, plus one from Amorette's. They're really knocking it outta the park these days!

What: Two-tier Cinderella cake with white chocolate topper
Flavors: Vanilla cake with Lemon Mousse
Price: $380

IMG_5280_zpsqnqa2sbh.jpeg

What: 8-inch Stitch cake with hand-painted white chocolate topper
Flavors: Vanilla cake with Amaretto Mousse
Price: $320

IMG_6244_zpsw6jtbbyw.jpeg

What: 6-inch Cinderella cake with hand-painted white chocolate topper
Where: Crew's Cup Lounge
Flavors: Vanilla cake with Vanilla Filling
Price: $200

IMG_0846_zps2fi3loji.jpg

@TiggerTrigger looked it up: This one costs $59. It was made by Amorette's at Disney Springs and the flavors were chocolate with orange filling.

IMG_6550_zpsel6vfscs.jpeg

Those Yacht and Beach club ones are amazing! It makes me very excited as I believe my husband & I are leaning towards the Yachtsman's steakhouse for our upcoming 20th anniversary dinner. I've only ever worked with the Contemporary team so this has me less worried!

Hello! Love this thread! I am a hobby caker and the pictures of the cakes are brilliant!
I have a question - my niece will be at one of the All Star resorts for her birthday while on her school trip and I can't make her cake - how can I get one there?
I read all of the great info and want to make sure I have it right....
To get a cake sent to All Star hotel I have to call the number for the right hotel and I can choose the Mickey Mouse Dome cake OR one of the ones specified at the Board Walk Bakery on the list. I have to do this at least 72 hours in advance.

If I do this right I can have a 8" custom chocolate cake delivered to her room at All Stars for her to find when she gets there.

*Fingers crossed my notes are correct* :)
Do I have this right? Thanks!!

So I have dilemma and was wondering what other's thoughts on the issue might be.
We are going to WDW in June. Three of my party have birthdays the week we are there. We are doing the Illuminations boat cruise one night. From my understanding, I can call YC/BC private dining and order food, like a cake for the boat. All good, except I have a toddler with a peanut allergy (just peanuts, not tree nuts). I want to order a birthday cake for the birthday guys, but I'd ideally like it peanut free. I know I can order cake without peanut butter or peanuts, but not sure how careful they are about cross contamination. Has anyone delt with a peanut allergy and speciality cakes?

If I do this right I can have a 8" custom chocolate cake delivered to her room at All Stars for her to find when she gets there.

*Fingers crossed my notes are correct* :)
Do I have this right? Thanks!!

You got it! :thumbsup2

So I have dilemma and was wondering what other's thoughts on the issue might be.
We are going to WDW in June. Three of my party have birthdays the week we are there. We are doing the Illuminations boat cruise one night. From my understanding, I can call YC/BC private dining and order food, like a cake for the boat. All good, except I have a toddler with a peanut allergy (just peanuts, not tree nuts). I want to order a birthday cake for the birthday guys, but I'd ideally like it peanut free. I know I can order cake without peanut butter or peanuts, but not sure how careful they are about cross contamination. Has anyone delt with a peanut allergy and speciality cakes?

I would call the cake line for Yacht and Beach Club and see what they say. I’m pretty sure they can’t guarantee there’s no cross-contamination with tree nuts, but maybe they’ll say peanuts are ok.

What a great idea for a cake! So, yes, Disney is super-weird about all these properties it owns and won't let you do cakes with the exact characters (my Pandora/Avatar cake had to be "jungle" themed, my Coco cake has to be "Dia de Los Muertos" themed, etc.). But I think your idea of having them the make the pot and you sticking Baby Groot in it should work! The Contemporary has been really difficult to work with lately, but that's who will end up making your cake if you persevere.

Alternatively, these are local cake companies I have seen recommended: It's Tasty Too (they for sure deliver to Disney property), Anna Cakes, Party Flavors, Bake Me a Cake and Sprinkles Custom Cakes.
Are those outside companies allowed to do custom Disney themed cakes? The place I work for is super strict about copyright to the point I can get fired and get a several thousand dollar fine for breaking copyright laws. Just wondering if they are allowed to do more since they are nearby and we are not.

Are those outside companies allowed to do custom Disney themed cakes? The place I work for is super strict about copyright to the point I can get fired and get a several thousand dollar fine for breaking copyright laws. Just wondering if they are allowed to do more since they are nearby and we are not.

It really depends on the company. I know It’s Tasty Too is very conscious about what is and isn’t allowed, but they also have great ideas for alternatives that capture the same feel.

Hi, has anyone had any luck lately ordering a custom mini cake from Boardwalk (staying at All Star Music)? I called and requested fondant covered, marble cake, cookies and cream filling, themed to tree of life at night (colors). I just got an email from All Stars saying they spoke with the Boardwalk and are unable to accommodate. But no details as to what they can't accommodate?

ETA:She just emailed me back and said they can't do the flavors or the theme, I have asked for a contact so I can confirm what they CAN do, since I'm looking for this weekend.

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone had any luck lately ordering a custom mini cake from Boardwalk (staying at All Star Music)? I called and requested fondant covered, marble cake, cookies and cream filling, themed to tree of life at night (colors). I just got an email from All Stars saying they spoke with the Boardwalk and are unable to accommodate. But no details as to what they can't accommodate?

ETA:She just emailed me back and said they can't do the flavors or the theme, I have asked for a contact so I can confirm what they CAN do, since I'm looking for this weekend.

I think you're on the right track. Otherwise, if you have any dining reservations at the Yacht & Beach Club, I'd have them make the cake for delivery there. They have been incredible to work with these past few months, and they made me a Pandora-esque cake with a tree that could double for the Tree of Life!

IMG_0286_zpsaaxe6rzs.jpg

I think you're on the right track. Otherwise, if you have any dining reservations at the Yacht & Beach Club, I'd have them make the cake for delivery there. They have been incredible to work with these past few months, and they made me a Pandora-esque cake with a tree that could double for the Tree of Life!

IMG_0286_zpsaaxe6rzs.jpg
Your mini cake is almost exactly what my daughter wants, and makes me KNOW that its possible. Heather from All Star Music replied that she was the contact. Basically she said no mini cakes of any kind, smallest option is a 6 inch, which at the MOMENT she says could be fondant covered. She insists that cookies and cream is not a filling option, so I've asked about both white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse combined. She then said they could screen print Minnie Mouse? I'm not sure where Minnie Mouse entered the discussion at all, this is a cake for my 21 year old's birthday, I am not looking for anything with a character on it at all.

So just heard back (again), she says no, they can't make anything like your mini cake. I have now forwarded the full size "pandora" cake from a few pages ago, asking if something similiar would be possible.

Your mini cake is almost exactly what my daughter wants, and makes me KNOW that its possible. Heather from All Star Music replied that she was the contact. Basically she said no mini cakes of any kind, smallest option is a 6 inch, which at the MOMENT she says could be fondant covered. She insists that cookies and cream is not a filling option, so I've asked about both white chocolate and dark chocolate mousse combined. She then said they could screen print Minnie Mouse? I'm not sure where Minnie Mouse entered the discussion at all, this is a cake for my 21 year old's birthday, I am not looking for anything with a character on it at all.

:( Ugh. Unfortunately, the breakdown in Disney's (non-existent) cake-ordering process is that it hinges entirely on the willingness and initiative of the cast member who mediates between the pastry team and the guest. Where are your dining reservations? Maybe we can find you a different place to have this cake made, by a team that's easier to work with.

:( Ugh. Unfortunately, the breakdown in Disney's (non-existent) cake-ordering process is that it hinges entirely on the willingness and initiative of the cast member who mediates between the pastry team and the guest. Where are your dining reservations? Maybe we can find you a different place to have this cake made, by a team that's easier to work with.
Our only dining is at Yak and Yeti, hence why we were opting for at the hotel, unfortunately. We are local area, so are staying one night, spending Saturday at AK and Sunday at Epcot checking out the F&G booths.

Thank you so much for posting this! I’ve been hoping for a recent photo of one of these. It’s so pretty!!

So is the inside of it like the small version or is it cake that tastes similar? We’ll be there this summer & it sure is tempting to order one!
3AF24EC1-2C08-44BC-ABDE-CC755EE88F13.jpeg
Here’s a pic of a slice! It was just like the mini ones, the cake, mouse and the white chocolate on the outside. Highly recommend as long as you can finish it, the three of us couldn’t finish it and we had 4 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter