Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

We are going to Disney in April for my son's 1st birthday. We are considering 1 of 2 options.

1. Go to Magic Kingdom that day & have the cake delivered to Be Our Guest at dinner

2. Go to Animal Kingdom that day. We are staying at BWV so I would have the cake delivered to the room and eat when we get back from AK.

I thought I'd heard you couldn't order cakes to BOG anymore? But I had no idea how true that was. We really would love to do MK that day because they have more rides for him & we want to take him for his first haircut but I just had no clue if we could have a cake delivered to BOG still.

Thanks!

I read and heard from cm that no more custom cakes to magic kingdom. But the mickey head cakes and mickey dome cakes are available. Plus podium cakes too...the basic chocolate or vanilla. We are going in a few weeks and though we are spending the day at MK, we decided to have dinner at Contemporary Resort's The Wave restaurant. CR does offer custom cakes and will deliver to their restaurants. And after dinner we plan to walk over to MK. So CR may be an option for you if you are looking for something custom.

I read and heard from cm that no more custom cakes to magic kingdom. But the mickey head cakes and mickey dome cakes are available. Plus podium cakes too...the basic chocolate or vanilla. We are going in a few weeks and though we are spending the day at MK, we decided to have dinner at Contemporary Resort's The Wave restaurant. CR does offer custom cakes and will deliver to their restaurants. And after dinner we plan to walk over to MK. So CR may be an option for you if you are looking for something custom.

Thank you!! I was hoping it wasn't true. Maybe we could try a restaurant at one of the MK resorts like you suggested and do BOG on our 2nd day at MK or just go to AK. I like the Mickey dome cakes but I think we wanted to get one of the Mickey head shaped cakes that's $50 or so. We had that last year on my husband's birthday and it was great!

Thanks again!

Thank you!! I was hoping it wasn't true. Maybe we could try a restaurant at one of the MK resorts like you suggested and do BOG on our 2nd day at MK or just go to AK. I like the Mickey dome cakes but I think we wanted to get one of the Mickey head shaped cakes that's $50 or so. We had that last year on my husband's birthday and it was great!

Thanks again!

The Mickey Mouse head cake is still listed on the first page as an available option for Magic Kingdom. It's considered a standard cake not a custom so I believe this is still offered. The special desserts, podium cake, and the newer chocolate or white chocolate Mickey heads are the only other options.

20171001_113746.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Well Terry came through as promised! We had a great time at the Bon Voyage Breakfast and sure enough our cake was waiting. I gave them the figures to add. The mini cake was the perfect size for the four of us, and as others have said it's a whole heck of a lot of buttercream! Very tasty though and the cake was moist and delicious. I'm having trouble uploading pictures from by phone but will try from my laptop a little later.

Well, I"m going to send the email on my son's birthday cake today. I hope I'm giving enough detail.

Are people still being told that only 8-inch and bigger cakes can be customized? I'm waffling on what to say about size. I think 6 inches is plenty for the six of us, but...

Well, I"m going to send the email on my son's birthday cake today. I hope I'm giving enough detail.

Are people still being told that only 8-inch and bigger cakes can be customized? I'm waffling on what to say about size. I think 6 inches is plenty for the six of us, but...

It depends on the bakery and sometimes the design. Sounds like Boardwalk is requiring an 8 inch minimum, but we've always had 6 inch cakes from the Contemporary. I don't believe that has changed since our last cake in December.

Although a couple of pages back I said that we were going to skip a custom cake this year and just pick up cupcakes, I caved.

I just officially placed the following order this morning with Yacht & Beach Club Fine Dining:

• 6" chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and covered in chocolate ganache
  • no fondant; buttercream decorations in rich jewel tones
  • 2D screen print on white chocolate of Jack & Sally; to be placed on top of cake
  • inscription on cake plate "Simply meant to be"
Cost excluding delivery charge and tax is $73 (includes $10 upcharge for peanut butter/ganache combo).

Also, I requested in room delivery and setup while we are at lunch (surprise for DH). Rather than a specific time, I had to provide a 1/2 hour window.

I will post pictures after our late November trip!

It depends on the bakery and sometimes the design. Sounds like Boardwalk is requiring an 8 inch minimum, but we've always had 6 inch cakes from the Contemporary. I don't believe that has changed since our last cake in December.

Thanks! I need to just send it, but I'm all nervous. :)

That's my understanding, too. I had no problem getting a custom 6" from GF bakery in June.

OK! I received a very prompt email reply this morning, saying that they could do a 6-inch cake with a flat-image of Goofy on top for $38 or a 3D white chocolate gold-accented Goofy figure on top for $58. I replied asking if the 3D one could be done in colors -- I'll report back when I get a response.

Fine time to ask, but am I right in thinking a 6-inch cake will be plenty for six people, especially since we're leaving the next day? I've heard even that size is bigger than it sounds!

OK! I received a very prompt email reply this morning, saying that they could do a 6-inch cake with a flat-image of Goofy on top for $38 or a 3D white chocolate gold-accented Goofy figure on top for $58. I replied asking if the 3D one could be done in colors -- I'll report back when I get a response.

Fine time to ask, but am I right in thinking a 6-inch cake will be plenty for six people, especially since we're leaving the next day? I've heard even that size is bigger than it sounds!

If it's the white chocolate figures I'm thinking of, they can be painted but I think it's pretty pricey.

We had a 6 inch cake for 5 people and had a decent amount left over, so I think you'll be fine!

If it's the white chocolate figures I'm thinking of, they can be painted but I think it's pretty pricey.

We had a 6 inch cake for 5 people and had a decent amount left over, so I think you'll be fine!

Ah! Well, I figure it can't hurt to ask. Thanks.

If that's the case or they say it can't be done, maybe we will go with the flat image. I think he'd like the colors better, even though it doesn't sound nearly as cool to me!

We arrive in 4 days and I just got confirmation that our cake order is still a go on the 9th!!! Thank you everyone for all of your help in getting my daughter's birthday cake planned/ordered. I will post a picture as soon as I can!

Looking for some advice:

If I want a 6 inch custom vanilla cake with bavarian creme or white chocolate filling and fresh strawberries, where is my best shot at having that made? I am extremely flexible with options as we will be there for 2 weeks in March.

Looking for some advice:

If I want a 6 inch custom vanilla cake with bavarian creme or white chocolate filling and fresh strawberries, where is my best shot at having that made? I am extremely flexible with options as we will be there for 2 weeks in March.

The Contemporary or either of the other two resorts serviced by the Contemporary (Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge).

The Mickey Mouse head cake is still listed on the first page as an available option for Magic Kingdom. It's considered a standard cake not a custom so I believe this is still offered. The special desserts, podium cake, and the newer chocolate or white chocolate Mickey heads are the only other options.

Awesome! Thank you! I may call and make sure before I make ADRs next week because we may have to switch parks that day if they don't do it the Mickey head cake.

Anyone ever had a cake delivered to Spirit of Aloha (or any other dinner shows?). Thinking this may be our best option but wasn't sure if it would "take away" from the show? Also hate to do it at a meal where we are already getting "free" dessert. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter