Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Oh really? I can't call as I live in England and calling overseas is really expensive. I did email them as I did last time and they told me they don't do it any more they only do the new Mickey ones. Do you think I could just order it at the hotel once we're there? Or do they have email addresses?

Thank you.
I too live in the UK and ordered several cakes on our last trip. My experience was that when you call the numbers you get an answer machine and leave your details and they then rang me back so the cost wasn't much. I then got e-mail addresses and did all the back and forth and finalising things that way. This was great as I could send them inspiration images etc to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. Good Luck!

I wonder why MK stopped custom cake deliveries. I would think since the park with CRT and BOG custom cakes would be a given. Unless it was too much of a hassle. We have never been to disney world so this will be our first trip next month for our dd's 10th bday. MK was first choice for bday celebrations. So I was a lottle disappointed that they dont do custom cakes, and not even the royal highness package eithef anymore. :-(

I'm not sure. I've seen a lot of speculation from yes too much of a hassle to issues with lost cakes. Maybe not enough people do it to make it worthwhile. From the offering of simple standard options it would seem they wanted to just streamline and simplify the special dessert process. It does seem to be all over the map from bakery to bakery with what you can get and overall experiences. I'm pretty disappointed as well. While we will still get cakes elsewhere, MK was always our chosen location for custom cakes.

The special desserts and Mickey cakes do look like nice options, but I'm a traditional cake lover through and through, so they just don't appeal to me. I hope you can figure out an alternative that will make her birthday special. Dining in the castle is a pretty spectacular experience in and of itself.

Dd doesnt know we are going to disney. She thinks we are flying to TN to see family.... so that in itself will be an awesome surprise! I originally ordered the chocolate slipper dessert. But this week I decided to see my options for cake delivery to our resort. So I am working with Carrianne and ordering a custom Stitch cake from Boardwalk and they will deliver to POR cafe. Our plan for her bday is 8am breakfast at CRT, dinner at Liberty tree and MNSSHP. Midday we are gonna take a break and head back to the resort and surprise her with the cake. I was going to bring it to LTT but I just dont wanna lug the leftovers around at the party and dont wanna throw away the leftovers either..not a $100 cake! Lol! I am excited to see what they come up with for the cake. I emailed some cake ideas. I think the trip will be a blast regardless as we all are first time disney world vacationers!

Has anyone here ever seen or had made a Pirates of Caribbean mini or 6" round cake? Celebrating our Daughters birthday in 3 weeks at Disney and she is a big PoC fan. We will be dining at Tusker House, so hopefully we can work it out. I looked back through all 5 version of this chat but couldn't find one. Thought maybe @lurkyloo has seen one before??

The only Pirates cake I can recall is this huge, super-elaborate one made by the Grand Floridian.

Treasure%20Chest%20Cake_zpsev9faidm.jpg

Also if anyone has Princess Tiana themed cake ideas from previous trips can you please share them?

If you squint, you can see the one they used to offer at CRT in the back of this photo. But a Google search will turn up way more ideas:

CRT%20Her%20Royal%20Highness%20Package%20Cakes.png

It depends on how long your trip is and when you need the cake as they need 2-3 days at least to prep but you might just be able to order once you're there. And @TinkLoverSam and I get it we're in Canada and it's about $15 in long distance charges per Disney phone call - I bet yours cost even more!

I once accidentally called the USA Disneyworld number instead of the UK one that connects to the USA one and it cost me £29 for literally two minutes. Needless to say I shan't be calling again haha. We're there two weeks so if they need a few days that's perfect I can just order it there I wish they still did it the way they used to where you emailed them and they just had them in the restaurants. We got it in the be our guest restaurant last time and it was amazing.

I am in contact with Carrianne from Port Orleans about a custom Stitch cake. My DD bday celebration will be at MK but since there are no custom cake options...and we have a FULL day planned at MK including MNSSHP, she suggested heading back to the resort for a mid day break and they will have my custom cake ready for pick up at the café and we can have a bday celebration in our room. That's sounded great to me because we need to be able to take a break and change into costume before dinner and the party. I called the cake hotline and left a message. You can also email them with your questions as well.

As far as storing, if you order to have delivered to the resort, I am sure they will have it delivered when you need it. I liked that idea because I really don't want to lug a cake around with us at MK. And this way the leftovers can be stored in the room fridge.

Do you speak with her via the phone or does she email you? If you don't mind me asking? I can't call as we're in the Uk and it costs so much even to call and leave a message. Maybe I can ask to speak with her once we're at the resort next week. We're there two weeks so hopefully that will be enough notice.

I too live in the UK and ordered several cakes on our last trip. My experience was that when you call the numbers you get an answer machine and leave your details and they then rang me back so the cost wasn't much. I then got e-mail addresses and did all the back and forth and finalising things that way. This was great as I could send them inspiration images etc to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. Good Luck!

Oh thank you. We don't have a landline so I can only use my mobile which costs so much even to leave messages. I've had cakes from them in the past but all the email addresses I used to use said they don't make them anymore they just do the new Mickey shaped ones with the generic happy birthday or congratulations on. Hopefully I can order it at the resort I'll ask on my first day and see if that gives them enough time we're there from the 19th of September until the 3rd of October and I want it for the 1st of October so I'm hoping that will be enough time for them!! I'm just glad they still make them because I was so upset when they said they didn't any more they're such nice cakes.

I have a two part question. We are going to Disney this November and my son will be celebrating his 6th birthday. I would like a cake delivered to O'hana for our dinner. He loves cookie cake but I have not seen a cookie cake in the cake chatter thread. Do they only make basic cakes?

2nd question is does anyone have a picture of a Goofy Character mini cake?

Thanks in advance!

I have a two part question. We are going to Disney this November and my son will be celebrating his 6th birthday. I would like a cake delivered to O'hana for our dinner. He loves cookie cake but I have not seen a cookie cake in the cake chatter thread. Do they only make basic cakes?

2nd question is does anyone have a picture of a Goofy Character mini cake?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about cookie cake (I'm actually completely unsure what that is) but I believe they should be able to do something like this as a mini cake without the hat shape (regular cake tier shape instead)
IMG_1942.JPG

I don't know about cookie cake (I'm actually completely unsure what that is) but I believe they should be able to do something like this as a mini cake without the hat shape (regular cake tier shape instead)
View attachment 269714

Okay thank you! I will call to see if they can maybe make a mini version of that cake. A cookie cake is like a huge soft cookie with icing on it. Super yummy.

Do you speak with her via the phone or does she email you? If you don't mind me asking? I can't call as we're in the Uk and it costs so much even to call and leave a message. Maybe I can ask to speak with her once we're at the resort next week. We're there two weeks so hopefully that will be enough notice.
I have her email but she is going on vacation and she gave me contact info for her colleague who will take over the order for her until she returns. Her name is Michelle. I will message you.

Not sure if this is relevant to anyone. I've just spoken to Disneyworld about something else on my booking and whilst I was on the phone I asked about the cakes and whether they had a number for UK People to call. She said they don't have a number for the UK only the American ones but she said due to supply issues because of the hurricane they're unable to offer celebration cakes until after October 1st. She said they might still be able to make other cake options but it would be dependant on the hotel and their supplies etc. Just thought I'd let you all know in case it impacts one of you.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever ordered a cake with a Chip and Dale theme. They are my favorites and would love some ideas for a cake with them on it.

Has anyone ever ordered a cake with a Chip and Dale theme. They are my favorites and would love some ideas for a cake with them on it.

It would be pricey (like $50+ each, if you have them painted) but Disney offers Chip and Dale white chocolate figurines. For Disney weddings, they often place them at the base of the cake as if they're digging in...

Chip20Dale20Wedding20Cake_zpsxch51mvc.jpg

Would they be painted like in the picture or all white? I do not care if the cake is only buttercream with no fondant to save some money. I would probably need a 6 or 8 inch cake since it would be for six adults. Would I be able to order this for our first nite at Boatwrights, which I think would be thru Boardwalk bakery.

Would they be painted like in the picture or all white? I do not care if the cake is only buttercream with no fondant to save some money. I would probably need a 6 or 8 inch cake since it would be for six adults. Would I be able to order this for our first nite at Boatwrights, which I think would be thru Boardwalk bakery.

The figurines are all-white unless you pay extra to have them painted. To place an order for Boatwrights at POR, you need to call the number listed for POR and then they will place the order with BoardWalk Bakery. If you call the bakery directly, they will tell you they don't deliver to POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter