Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

DH and I will be staying at Coronado Springs for one night prior to our upcoming Disney Cruise. Is there a way to get a cake there with current restrictions....I see that Yacht and Beach Club used to service that resort but am not sure we can currently make happen. Thank you!

DH and I will be staying at Coronado Springs for one night prior to our upcoming Disney Cruise. Is there a way to get a cake there with current restrictions....I see that Yacht and Beach Club used to service that resort but am not sure we can currently make happen. Thank you!

Things are changing all the time, so it’s best to call and see what they say! At this point, the Grand Floridian might actually deliver it to CS for you, so I’d start there.

I tried to order a 2 tier mini cake to go to Coronado yesterday and GF isn’t delivering those. She offered me a six inch but there’s just two of us. I feel like that’s too much for us. Will they deliver mini cakes to restaurants? We have reservations at Sci Fi, Via Napoli, Tony’s, and Boathouse.

@wonderchica If the problem is transportation, I'm thinking the only place the GF will deliver a 2-tier mini cake is to restaurants at the GF—but definitely ask them! The 6-inch cake is a lot of cake, but it makes a fabulous breakfast for the rest of your trip!

We are celebrating a birthday at Splittsville, is there any way to get a cake delivered there or pick one up close by in Disney Springs? There will be 11 of us.

Has anyone had any issues picking up at the GF? I know parking has been an issue at some resorts when you aren’t staying there. I assume I will have an email or something confirming my cake order?

We are celebrating a birthday at Splittsville, is there any way to get a cake delivered there or pick one up close by in Disney Springs? There will be 11 of us.
@britfish You can pick one up at Amorette's!

Adding to @lurkyloo post & #2 post, Amorette's can deliver to any of their cakes for free to a Disney Springs restaurant. We did this for my mom's birthday with our reservation at Morimoto Asia in 2019. I called them directly to order. Some cake selections/descriptions are available online but it might not show their seasonal specialties. I had to pay for it in full to place the order. I was a bit worried but it went well & our cake was at the restaurant when we arrived.

Can I get opinions on the cost of a cake? I am ordering from Grand Floridian. I requested a graduation cake with a little grad cap and small rolled up diploma with pretty flowers. I was quoted $180 for an 8" vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling. This seems high compared to my previous cakes. I'm thinking of getting a quote from the Contemporary. Does it sound reasonable based on recent orders?

Can I get opinions on the cost of a cake? I am ordering from Grand Floridian. I requested a graduation cake with a little grad cap and small rolled up diploma with pretty flowers. I was quoted $180 for an 8" vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling. This seems high compared to my previous cakes. I'm thinking of getting a quote from the Contemporary. Does it sound reasonable based on recent orders?
Idk if this helps, but I was quoted “starting at $65” for a 6 inch at the GF last week.

I mean, if they're sculpting the cap and scroll out of modeling chocolate, that sounds about right to me. But I'd still see what the Contemporary says—they're almost always cheaper!

I mean, if they're sculpting the cap and scroll out of modeling chocolate, that sounds about right to me. But I'd still see what the Contemporary says—they're almost always cheaper!

I did not get a quote from the Contemporary yet. I asked GF to cancel, and I was quickly called back with an offer of $105 for the same cake in 6". I think I'm going to stick with this.

This was $130 from GF. It was vanilla, filled with the Oreo mousse, and had buttercream below the fondant. It was delivered to BOG. They had the wrong age; they wrote 5 instead of 6 so I told my younger daughter that Beast has a difficult time reading things clearly with his shaggy fur and Belle must have been too busy to help. She giggled and thought that was awesome and said, “Oh silly Beast, you need to ask Belle for help!”

I did not get a quote from the Contemporary yet. I asked GF to cancel, and I was quickly called back with an offer of $105 for the same cake in 6". I think I'm going to stick with this.

Thank you for this info. I’m getting ready to order a cake for our visit in July where we will be celebrating my granddaughter’s graduation. We are staying at VGF and plan on dinner in Epcot followed by a celebration back in the villa. Will they deliver the cake? I think a 6” cake will be enough for the five of us. I like what you ordered, sounds perfect. When is your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter