Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Does anyone happen to have any photos of a graduation cake Disney Dining has done for you? We just booked a last minute trip for the end of next month & I’d love to get a cake for my DD, who is graduating this year.

Ordered this custom cake from GF private dining & it was delivered to CRT for my daughter’s birthday. They made it exactly as I requested, right down to the Mickey shaped macarons. 💜View attachment 566102
Ohhhhh! This is one of my favorite cakes I’ve ever seen on here! Just beautifu! Thanks so much for posting it. Those Mickey macarons were a great idea. They should sell them in the parks!

I should have included this with original post. I was charged $79.98 for a 6” Chocolate cake with Oreo mousse (grey stuff) filling.

Oh.Em.Gee. I'm obsessed with that cake! Would you mind if I borrowed the pictures when I go to do ours? I love that brush stroke look with the dripping icing, but I have no idea how to explain it. Lol.

Just finalized our cake order for a week from Monday! I used the GF email and got a response within a few days. I will be surprising my kids and my bf who are all huge Star Wars fans with a Grogu cake.

They were super helpful and responsive to inquiries even sending me the ingredients to the cake mix over a concern about allergies. Having it delivered to a meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe.

I’ll come back and post pics once I have them. I’m so excited and can’t wait to see my boys’ faces when they see this cake!

Has anyone done a mermaid themed cake? I'd love to see some examples! Looking forward to ordering one as a surprise for my sister when we visit in February...

So I'm about a year late in posting these (basically took a break all of the last year) but still wanted to share as, I think, the GF knocked it out of the park. They did my 40th and I called and spoke to someone and even sent drawings. Got a call back that things may have been a bit too complicated but they did an easier design and managed to get everything I wanted on the cake. It was pricey - I want to say around $350 and we had it delivered to Citricos.

On another note, the search is not working and I need to order a cake for a friend staying at Y&B in early May. Has anyone done a custom cake that might have wine/wine glasses on it? Done in fondant or modeling chocolate or whatever. And guessing I just need to call Y&B?

20191210_194730.jpg20191210_194843.jpg20191210_194937.jpg20191210_194912.jpg20191210_194951.jpg20191210_195302.jpg20191210_200331.jpg

Anyone know if they are still offering the Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes at park restaurants?
The Mickey hat shaped ones? I’ve noticed this on some menus recently, I think maybe mostly resort menus though. I would check the menu where you’re going!

The Mickey hat shaped ones? I’ve noticed this on some menus recently, I think maybe mostly resort menus though. I would check the menu where you’re going!
We'll be at SciFi. The website says they're available but just wanted to see if anyone had ordered one recently. I'll go to the podium on our first DHS day and ask them if I need to order it in advance.

Hey everyone!

Wanted to let you know my recent experience with ordering (will update with pictures on our trip!).

I emailed the private dining Grand Floridian email and received a call back in about 4 days. Spoke to Julisa who was so nice. They are offering a huge amount of flavors right now, it was hard to choose!

I have ordered a 6 inch fondant covered almond with amaretto mousse cake, mickey mouse 1st visit themed with red and yellow fondant and white polka dots.

Cost is $113.

Where I live in New Mexico fondant covered cakes are not readily available so I am so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter