Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! So I'm having a little Trouble getting peanut butter ganache/frosting filling from the grand flordian. I would like the cake for the wishes cruise that's leaving from GF. Is it possible to order a cake from the contemporary and pick it up the day I need it then bring it on the boat??

Thanks!!

What might be easier is just to have the cruise start from the Contemporary. They can bring the cake to the boat for you. Otherwise, a few people have been able to have Private Dining deliver a cake to The Wave for pick up.

I was quoted $120 for this cake in a 6" size with chocolate mousse & fresh strawberry filling from the Contemporary. I'm very pleased with this! This is the 2nd quote that has been less than expected. I'm having it delivered to our room at the Wilderness Lodge this December.

Attachments

• cake pillow.jpg
    cake pillow.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
What might be easier is just to have the cruise start from the Contemporary. They can bring the cake to the boat for you. Otherwise, a few people have been able to have Private Dining deliver a cake to The Wave for pick up.

Just got an email from the contemporary that they won't deliver to the wave for pick up :(

We are staying at GFV with 2 two year olds so it's really not an option to get the boat at contemporary at that hour.

Ohh well I guess we just hope for the best from GF.

Love this thread everyone seems to be happy with their finished products and I know my parents will love them no matter what we get them.

Does anyone have a picture of mickey head cake with butter cream face? I'm not sure my son would like the chocolate ganache.

It still has some ganache on it...

mickeycake.jpg

DH & I just got back from our week in WDW. Here is a photo of our cake - 6" chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, and chocolate ganache. It was made by Y&BC Fine Dining and total was just under $32 with tax and room delivery. I had requested the spider web design and the "Boo To You!" but left color choices and decorations up to the bakery. My only request was no fondant. DH loved the spider on the top and side of the cake!

Carrie - thanks again for suggesting this flavor combination! IT WAS INCREDIBLE! The PB frosting and the thick layer of ganache were the perfect combination!

PB Choc Ganache Boo To You Cake September 2016 050.JPG

I follow is thread obsessively but can't recall seeing any Alice in Wonderland themed cakes, only Mad Hatter ones. I need inspiration for a single tier cake. Can anyone help?

DH & I just got back from our week in WDW. Here is a photo of our cake - 6" chocolate cake, peanut butter frosting, and chocolate ganache. It was made by Y&BC Fine Dining and total was just under $32 with tax and room delivery. I had requested the spider web design and the "Boo To You!" but left color choices and decorations up to the bakery. My only request was no fondant. DH loved the spider on the top and side of the cake!

Carrie - thanks again for suggesting this flavor combination! IT WAS INCREDIBLE! The PB frosting and the thick layer of ganache were the perfect combination!

View attachment 197161

Ohh wow that's awesome!! I requested the same cake from from GF bakery but sadly I could only choose from like 6 different vanilla chocolate strawberry combinations. I ordered a 6 inch cake with buttercream icing and chocolate cake with some Mickey confetti and happy birthday and was quoted $68. Is that normal for bakery's to have different prices? Is it possible I got quoted a price but it may be different once I get billed??

We are headed to WDW for our 5th anniversary and my son's 2nd birthday this November! :D Does anyone have any photos of a Toy Story cake from Contemporary? I ordered one with Chef Brian, but I'm eager to see photos of similar cakes. We're having it delivered to our table at Chef Mickey's.

We're also having a recreation of our wedding cake done by the Boardwalk Bakery...I can hardly wait for them to call me back! :D

Ohh wow that's awesome!! I requested the same cake from from GF bakery but sadly I could only choose from like 6 different vanilla chocolate strawberry combinations. I ordered a 6 inch cake with buttercream icing and chocolate cake with some Mickey confetti and happy birthday and was quoted $68. Is that normal for bakery's to have different prices? Is it possible I got quoted a price but it may be different once I get billed??

Yes, different pastry teams often quote different prices for the same thing, and yes you are sometimes billed less than what they quoted you.

I tried to order a haunted mansion themed cake from the Boardwalk and was surprised to be told they don't make them. I will have to order during our grand floridian stay.

They can make them, you just need to talk to an actual pastry chef, not the person who just digs out their standard cake-ordering form from behind the counter. Call Private Dining at BoardWalk Inn and ask for a pastry chef's email. (Number in Post #2).

First, forgive any formatting -- this is my first time posting a photo.

Thanks to all the amazing information on these boards, our quick birthday/MNSSHP trip was a success. We were celebrating my OLDER sister's birthday at the Poly and I wanted a fall themed cake. I spoke with both Pat at GF and Heather at Its Tasty Too and decided to go with Its Tasty Too because (i) they seemed more excited and willing to do the fall theme and (ii) it seemed I was getting more for my money (2 layers vs. 1 layer).

The cake was a spice cake with a caramel apple filling. I sent some photos and they did an AMAZING job. My sister and mom were just thrilled and it really was a highlight of the trip. They delivered for an extra charge which made the total still less than the Disney quote for a single 8 inch.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi everyone!!!

Just back from an amazing birthday vacation where I ordered two specialty cupcakes from MK cakes.

The first was delivered to Cinderella's Royal Table dinner and is Rapunzel theme vanilla cupcake
The second was delivered to Be Our Guest dinner and was Mulan theme chocolate cupcake.

Each one cost $8.50 plus tax.

They were both delicious and large for the price! Two of us could barely finish it. Loved that we each got our favorite princess on our birthdays and it was so much cheaper than a mini cake or a full size cake which would have been wasted.

Attachments

• IMG_5609.JPG
    IMG_5609.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_6250.JPG
    IMG_6250.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 222
They can make them, you just need to talk to an actual pastry chef, not the person who just digs out their standard cake-ordering form from behind the counter. Call Private Dining at BoardWalk Inn and ask for a pastry chef's email. (Number in Post #2).

Thank you! I will give this a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter