Official December 2008

Ooooh, I hadn't even begun to think about the kids getting sick before the trip...ugh! Actually it's usually me that gets sick at thanksgiving...what's the name of that medicine you take when you just start to feel sick?

I want to say it's Zicam or Airborne or something like that. This is something that never crossed my mind either! I'm student teaching this semester, and I've heard many a story of how a teacher's first couple cold seasons in the classroom end up. :scared: I should start pumping the vitamin C and electrolytes now!! Definitely don't want to be sick at Disney at Christmas, although it's probably not the worst place in the world to be sick... :rotfl:

Ooooh, I hadn't even begun to think about the kids getting sick before the trip...ugh! Actually it's usually me that gets sick at thanksgiving...what's the name of that medicine you take when you just start to feel sick?

Vodka!!:lmao:

Is anyone else second guessing all their plans?? This is our first trip and I want it to be memorable for my kids. I almost want to say perfect but I know there are bound to be things that don't go as planned. That's ok with me.

But I have already changed our resort from CBR to AKL. Then I changed from standard view to savannah. Now I'm looking at our ADR's wondering if I made the right choices. I knew it wouldn't be easy but this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I think I am just putting too much stress on myself.

I just needed to get that out. Thanks. :goodvibes

Dec-6th-12th. First trip to WDW! For all of us! SOOOO EXCITED!
Will be staying at the Pop, Dining Plan. WE are in New Brunswick Canada, and will be driving to Portland Maine to fly out. Much cheaper in airfare (even considering gas cost and hotel stays). We love road trips, as long as it doesn't snow we are happy campers!

There is me, 26, dh, 33, ds 3.5 and dd 2.5. DS's bday is Dec 19th (so we are celebrating) and we feel really bad for dd, so we will be celebrating her Feb bday a bit there too. :)

ADRV's for 12pm Coral Reef-Complete with diver to say Merry Christmas Daddy. 9pm Roas and Crown Res (hoping for outdoor seats for the show!) lunch @ Crystal Palace, 11am Sci Fi, Tusker House Lunch Buffet, 1145Am Arkershus (which I can't spell right or pronounce!)

Im so happy to have somewhere to vent my joy out! We are single income family working hard for this! Just booked plane tickets paid in full of course, yesterday! No going back now! WOOT!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

Is anyone else second guessing all their plans?? This is our first trip and I want it to be memorable for my kids. I almost want to say perfect but I know there are bound to be things that don't go as planned. That's ok with me.

But I have already changed our resort from CBR to AKL. Then I changed from standard view to savannah. Now I'm looking at our ADR's wondering if I made the right choices. I knew it wouldn't be easy but this is so much harder than I thought it would be. I think I am just putting too much stress on myself.

I know what you mean, 1st timer here too. Where are your ADR's? My philosophy is that it is a vacation and threfore needs to be stress free for everyone. So therefore I am planning (With exceptions to straying off the scheduled path) just so we don't have to sit around asking each other "where do we go now?".
Also, with character meals...we have 2. Crystal Palace and Arkershus. One for DD one for DS(mine are 2.5 and 3.5 yrs old). I thought that was lots since they are going to see so many characters in the parks.
I have read A LOT. But if you haven't been to the DIsney Mom's Panel website it is awesome!!

With my family, not knowing causes stress. So as long as I have everything printed out for schedule and ADR's and what the dining plan includes. We should be great! (Also, was dead against the dining plan...but not having the stress of worrying about money, and just picking whatever you felt like eating off of the menu sounded awesome to me! Since our restaurant budget came to around what the DP costs.)
Hope I helped ya a little. Im a DW virgin, so I can only say what works for us and everything I have been researching.

But get this WE ARE BOTH GOING TO DW!!! WOOT!! Can't wait to see the kids faces!!! ;)

I completely understand where you are coming from but no worries...your kids won't worry about where you are eating, where they are sleeping....it's just in the memories you will make as a family :wizard: :wizard: and they don't have expectations like we would, you know? They just get caught up in all the magic and trust me, once you're there, you will get caught up in the wonder in their eyes. Just have fun and try not to stress...you're going to DISNEY WORLD!!!:banana:

We will be at the world from November 29-December 13th. We actually convinced our oldest son to go, so we will be a party of 6 adults - DH, me, DD 25, DS 23, DS 21, DD 20 -- so excited!
We will be doing a split stay - Grand Floridian November 29-December 2nd, off-site December 2-10, and the Contemporary Resort December 10-13.
We have tickets for MVMCP for December 4th and are doing the Candlelight Processional December 3rd. It's been interesting planning, as we started out with 5 of us going - had to go back and re-book all the ADR's, rooms, and add another MVMCP ticket- but it all came together!
ADR's as follows:
Nov 29 - CRT - dinner
Nov 30 - Tea w/the girls @ the Grand Floridian
Dec 1 - B - GF cafe, L - Sci Fi
Dec 2 - B - 1900 PF
Dec 3 - L @ Teppan Edo (CP pkg), D @ San Angel Inn
Dec 4 - B @ CP, D @ LTT
Dec 5 - D @ 1900 PF
Dec 6 - L @ Prime Time Cafe, D @ Hollywood Brown Derby
Dec 10 - L @ Tutto Italia (sp?) & D @ Rose & Crown
Dec 11 - B @ Chef Mickey's, D @ Ohana
Dec 12 - B @ Boma, D @ Chez de France
Dec 13 - B @ Kona Cafe
I am so looking forward to this trip as this year has been probably one of the worst in my life. I lost my father in January just 2 weeks after his diagnosis of cancer. In June, my brother went into cardiac arrest and it took the medical personnel 45 minutes to get a pulse. It has been a slow, long road for him as he continues to recover. Work has been weird, with the company laying off half the people in my classification. DH, who is self employed, had the worst month in the history of the business in March. To top it off, I lost my beloved pet cat in August. Seriously, this year has to get better right? And it has - the fact that DH's business miraculously picked up and we can now afford this trip. And we were so happy to have our son decide to join us - so I'm looking forward to some Disney magic with all the kids before they move on to the next phase of their lives. I do want to give God the glory for allowing us to take this trip - I believe it is a blessing from Him that we are able to go and make some wonderful memories as a family. :goodvibes

I know what you mean, 1st timer here too. Where are your ADR's? My philosophy is that it is a vacation and threfore needs to be stress free for everyone. So therefore I am planning (With exceptions to straying off the scheduled path) just so we don't have to sit around asking each other "where do we go now?".
Also, with character meals...we have 2. Crystal Palace and Arkershus. One for DD one for DS(mine are 2.5 and 3.5 yrs old). I thought that was lots since they are going to see so many characters in the parks.
I have read A LOT. But if you haven't been to the DIsney Mom's Panel website it is awesome!!

With my family, not knowing causes stress. So as long as I have everything printed out for schedule and ADR's and what the dining plan includes. We should be great! (Also, was dead against the dining plan...but not having the stress of worrying about money, and just picking whatever you felt like eating off of the menu sounded awesome to me! Since our restaurant budget came to around what the DP costs.)
Hope I helped ya a little. Im a DW virgin, so I can only say what works for us and everything I have been researching.

But get this WE ARE BOTH GOING TO DW!!! WOOT!! Can't wait to see the kids faces!!! ;)

I am trying to plan as much as I possible can just so we know what a general plan is for each day. I haven't seen the mom's panel yet. I think I will have to check that out. We are also doing the dining plan for the exact reason you mentioned. We can eat whatever we want and not worry about the money part of it. Of course there are a billion and one snacks I want to try. We will definitely be paying OOP for those. :rolleyes1 I think my biggest stress is that DH hates crowds. HATES being around a lot of people. He flipped out when I mentioned one of our restaurants was booked solid the day we were going (MVMCP day). And we are going during a slower time supposedly.

We have ADR's at the following Sci-Fi (DH's choice), H&V (for the boys), LTT for MVMCP, 1900 Park Fair (for DD) and Crystal Palace for myself. We are still one short. Not sure where to go since our whole family is fussy about food. I am going to look around at some stuff today and see what I can find.

I completely understand where you are coming from but no worries...your kids won't worry about where you are eating, where they are sleeping....it's just in the memories you will make as a family :wizard: :wizard: and they don't have expectations like we would, you know? They just get caught up in all the magic and trust me, once you're there, you will get caught up in the wonder in their eyes. Just have fun and try not to stress...you're going to DISNEY WORLD!!!:banana:

This is exactly what I keep trying to remind myself. The kids aren't going to care much about anything because they are at Disney. Plain and simple. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see the castle for the first time. That will make all the planning worth it for me.

vodka....hadn't thought of that, will start stocking up now! :thumbsup2

as far as second guessing...definitely! I feel like I made my 'decisions' so long ago, that something must have changed or someone's tastes will have changed...ugh! I'm trying not to change too much, and although I've called dining a few times to change/adr but they are all booked for what I want.
I think as long as you've got your ADR's pretty much set you'll be fine. You can always make phone calls once you get there if you change your mind that day, they are not set in stone.
I think, like someone else said, I'm going to enjoy going into a restaurant and ordering what I want without worrying that it's too expensive (we have the DP).
It's all good :hippie:

I did not really lurk the Dis until after my trip last fall and although I learned alot, I feel like our trip last fall was perfectly "unplanned" because of my lack of Disney knowledge. We used our ADR's as a guide, although I have a fabulous TA who makes sure our reservations are somehow at the right time and the right place and then we went from there to try a certain ride or see a parade.

Dh is not into schedules so much, so he would rebel if I had every minute planned out.

We spent a lot of down time at the Poly (hanging by the pool and beach and going for lots of exploring walks around the resort) last trip and I would not change a moment. We missed seeing a few things at the parks but had a wonderful vacation. I personally thought we would do Disney once and have those memories but like a lot of us. We are hooked and going back for another dream trip!

Have a great time!

We'll be there December 8-16, one night at ASMo, then we move to CSR for 7 nights. It's our first family vacation to WDW (DH, me, DS 9, DS 5, MIL, BIL).:thumbsup2

We can hardly wait!:santa: :yay: :santa: :yay: :santa:

I hope it isn't too crowded, but all those "What's going on in December? Why can't I book a room? Everything is booked solid!" threads are making me nervous.:scared:

We'll be there December 8-16, one night at ASMo, then we move to CSR for 7 nights. It's our first family vacation to WDW (DH, me, DS 9, DS 5, MIL, BIL).:thumbsup2

We can hardly wait!:santa: :yay: :santa: :yay: :santa:

I hope it isn't too crowded, but all those "What's going on in December? Why can't I book a room? Everything is booked solid!" threads are making me nervous.:scared:

Yes I totally hear ya there. THere was a post listed on the Disney Mom's Panel with this very same concern. The response was this..

:surfweb: As you will see within this link to Great Times to Visit, the week you mention remains a recommended time. This is based upon combination of factors including, cost, weather and crowds. I know that MouseFest, a popular annual trip for Disney fans, arrives December 11 which may be part of the explanation. However, I have participated in this before and found crowds still to be very reasonable. Enjoy your trip!:surfweb:

I'd give ya the link, but since I don't have 10 posts yet....dis won't allow me. :sad2:

So I haven't read anything other than that. Fingers crossed eh? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter