Official "Castle" thread! Spoilers welcomed!

OK, so much for that guess ...

Lily, Jake and Reese? Where did those names come from; leaked from the script? (And Lily? Not buying it. Josie, maybe, or Annie -- any first daughter that character had would absolutely be Johanna. If the writers actually named the kid Lily, they slipped badly.)

As far as I know, leaked from the script.

And I know many people who don't name their kids after people. I know people who didn't name kids after dead parents because it would have made them sad to hear the name. And maybe her middle name is Johanna or a variation of it.

I'm guessing that, had they had another season, they would have "fired" Lainey for failing to properly ID Caleb's not-so-dead body. She wasn't set up in the cliffhanger to go out any other way and since she got the boot, they'd have had to explain her away somehow.

As far as I know, leaked from the script.

And I know many people who don't name their kids after people. I know people who didn't name kids after dead parents because it would have made them sad to hear the name. And maybe her middle name is Johanna or a variation of it.

I do too, but this is Beckett we are speaking of. All the ring-wearing, and the watch-wearing ... she would have done it, and Castle would absolutely have been happy to have her do it; her whole adult life has been about preserving her mother's legacy. (And don't forget, Beckett herself is named for Katherine Hepburn's mother for some odd reason. ... Probably Terri Edda's doing, but in the fictional world, done by her parents. Castle was also named for someone, Martha's favorite musical composer/producer, Richard Rodgers. There is precedent. ;)) and yeah, maybe a middle name, or maybe Lily is her middle name ...

Doesn't really matter, of course -- those kids are quite possibly the shortest-lived characters in television history!

Last edited:

I'm guessing that, had they had another season, they would have "fired" Lainey for failing to properly ID Caleb's not-so-dead body. She wasn't set up in the cliffhanger to go out any other way and since she got the boot, they'd have had to explain her away somehow.

I figured they would have just explained it, that after having to do an autopsy on her best friend, she couldn't work for the NYPD anymore. Refocus her life on the things that matter, and she was now living in Florida.

Or Lanie could have gotten a new job someone else. It wasn't like she made a mistake - his DNA was planted there.

I figured they would have just explained it, that after having to do an autopsy on her best friend, she couldn't work for the NYPD anymore. Refocus her life on the things that matter, and she was now living in Florida.

Except Kate wasn't going to die. Just because they let Katic go didn't mean automatic death for Kate. But it's a moot point.

Now that I've had some time to digest everything, one of the things I liked is that Kate didn't make any bad judgements of anyone - Vikram was exactly who she thought he was, Rita didn't lie to her and she didn't trust Mason at all.

And the actors that played the kids were perfect. The little looked like a miniature Stana Katic, and the boys had very similar hair to Nathan Fillion. The young actress has been tweeting stuff as if she is Lily Castle, mini PI. So cute!

As really it kind of shows that Nathan can be having a bit of an ego. Maybe that is why he and Stania never got along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter