***Official August 2022 Thread***

Do reservations for Savi randomly become available like dining reservations when/if people cancel? Just realized I should have made a reservation for our trip August 14-23. Nothing is available right now.

Do reservations for Savi randomly become available like dining reservations when/if people cancel? Just realized I should have made a reservation for our trip August 14-23. Nothing is available right now.
I would imagine that random reservations would come available due to cancellations, but I personally have no experience with booking Savi's. My daughter worked at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge since 2020 (recently took a new position at the Royal Palm Club at the Grand Floridian). I'll ask her if she's got any scoop on Savi's availability.

I would imagine that random reservations would come available due to cancellations, but I personally have no experience with booking Savi's. My daughter worked at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge since 2020 (recently took a new position at the Royal Palm Club at the Grand Floridian). I'll ask her if she's got any scoop on Savi's availability.
Thank you for your offer to ask your daughter. I just managed to get 1 reservation for our first day at HS! Still looking for 2 more during our trip, but thankfully, it seems random reservations do pop up. Congratulations too your daughter for her new position at GF. Both Galaxy’s edge and GF sound like amazing experiences!

Thank you for your offer to ask your daughter. I just managed to get 1 reservation for our first day at HS! Still looking for 2 more during our trip, but thankfully, it seems random reservations do pop up. Congratulations too your daughter for her new position at GF. Both Galaxy’s edge and GF sound like amazing experiences!
Yay! Glad you got your reservation! Fingers crossed you get the rest! My daughter said yes, they do pop up. And thanks for the kind words... daughter started out as a Disney College Program intern pre-Covid, then got hired Part Time post-covid while she finished college remotely. She loved working at Oga's Cantina at SWGE and is loving the GF.

ADR day today and got everything we wanted! I couldn't believe there were so many openings available at Beaches and Cream for lunch or dinner - usually that is one that I have never been able to find an opening for so this will be our first time eating there!
Congrats! Not sure when you were at Beaches & Cream last, but they vastly expanded, so it's got much higher seating capacity now. I know people love it, and it IS cute and yummy, but personally I'd take the Plaza over Beaches & Cream. I'm an ice cream snob and my hot fudge sundae at the Plaza was way better than my hot fudge sundae at Beaches & Cream last trip (Spring Break 2022).

ADR day today and got everything we wanted! I couldn't believe there were so many openings available at Beaches and Cream for lunch or dinner - usually that is one that I have never been able to find an opening for so this will be our first time eating there!
We love to go to Beaches and Cream - we have tried the kitchen sink (so fun) but our favourite is the No Way Jose (we love chocolate and peanut butter). I can't comment on the hot food because we get ice cream for lunch/supper instead lol.

Congrats! Not sure when you were at Beaches & Cream last, but they vastly expanded, so it's got much higher seating capacity now. I know people love it, and it IS cute and yummy, but personally I'd take the Plaza over Beaches & Cream. I'm an ice cream snob and my hot fudge sundae at the Plaza was way better than my hot fudge sundae at Beaches & Cream last trip (Spring Break 2022).
We're planning to do lunch on our Epcot day and will just walk over. The last time I tried for a reservation there was a few years ago I think. Not sure when they expanded but I thought it was still a difficult ADR to get?

We love to go to Beaches and Cream - we have tried the kitchen sink (so fun) but our favourite is the No Way Jose (we love chocolate and peanut butter). I can't comment on the hot food because we get ice cream for lunch/supper instead lol.
That's the one I want to try also - love chocolate and peanut butter!

We're planning to do lunch on our Epcot day and will just walk over. The last time I tried for a reservation there was a few years ago I think. Not sure when they expanded but I thought it was still a difficult ADR to get?
I'm sure it's still hard to get, just not "as hard" as it used to be since seating has quadrupled (I'm estimating). During my Spring Break 2022 trip, I was over at Epcot late one afternoon. Checked dining availability for dinner and found Beaches & Cream for 6pm. I booked it and walked over for dinner with my kids. We had burgers/fried and a sandwich/chips. Decent food. We all had sundaes. They were good (but I liked my hot fudge from the Plaza better). Service was great, and the place is cute. I've eaten there several times, but this was the first time since the renovation. I'd eat there again if I were in the Epcot area and it was available, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try to eat there.

We had such a great time at POR in May that we decided to return in August. We had amazingly good bus karma on that trip, except for rope drop for MK, so we hope we get lucky again. We usually stay deluxe but find that Riverside is good enough, especially with the 25% AP discount.

POR - August 23-27

We go next month! 🎉 We are so ready!
I am checking off my list:
Park reservations done
ADR's, Savi's and Droid reservations done
Magic bands arrived today (pre ordered)
Transportation set for round trip
Grocery delivery set for arrival day
Bakery delivery set for treat box
MNSSHP Tickets purchased
Costumes done
packing list started
It's going to be a long few weeks waiting to leave lol..

Last edited:
We go next month! 🎉 We are so ready!
I am checking off my list:
Park reservations done
ADR's, Savi's and Droid reservations done
Magic bands arrived today (pre ordered)
Transportation set for round trip
Grocery delivery set for arrival day
Bakery delivery set for treat box
MNSSHP Tickets purchased
Costumes done
packing list started
It's going to be a long few weeks waiting to leave lol..

Urg I have been waiting on the magic bands because I really want one of the new interactive ones.

Can’t wait for an upcoming 3 day trip the end of August. Doing all those “last minute” planning adjustments…switched our stay to Wilderness Lodge from AoA so we could have deluxe magic hours at night—it will hurt the wallet but the night we have open the extra hours are in Epcot, so I’m hoping it increases our likelihood of easily getting on GotG.

Speaking of—I currently have all of our days as Epcot reservations so we’d maximize our changes on GotG, but it’s seriously cramping my style. I think it’ll work out because we also have tickets to MNSSHP so we’ll get MK time, but I’m a little worried about HS and AK. So right now we’re at:

Monday: drive in, arrive around 10am? Park at WL and head to Epcot. Hopefully we’ve gotten ILL or VQ that morning for GOTG and can get ILL for Remy. That’ll take care of our must do Epcot rides. We’ve got a mid-afternoon reservation at Coral Reef. Stay late because we’re paying the extra $$$, ugh.

Tuesday: No clue! It’ll all depend on Monday, but our park reservation is Epcot. In the afternoon we’ll go to MK for MNSSHP.

Wednesday: No clue again! We’ve got our park reservation at Epcot again but might switch to AK if we’ve gotten GotG and Remy done. Arrive for early hours at 7:30–we’ve got ADRs for Yak and Yeti. Park hop to HS with an ADR for Oga’s. This allows us to see each park and do a couple rides. Then we drive to Tampa to see family that evening.

We are lucky enough to go to WDW at least once a year lately so I’m not worried about doing everything, but man I’d like to have a better idea of how GotG will go and know we’ll be done with Epcot after Monday.

We also usually stay at value resorts lately, so I’d like to have a minute to breathe at WL and soak it in. This is going to be a whirlwind!

When might we expect to see the final park hours for our trip Aug 14-19? Two weeks out? Hoping Animal Kingdom will be open till 8pm that week. It is showing 7pm for July 31st and later. It hasn't changed in the last 2 weeks My granddaughter loves Pandora and has never seen it lit up at night.

Just did my dining reservations over the weekend. I was a little frustrated because I realized.. at 6 am Saturday morning... that my DVC reservation is done under two reservations. So the first two days are under one, and then the remaining six are on another reservation. So I have to get up Saturday AND Sunday at 6 to do everything. I was able to get everything I wanted, just maybe not the days and times I had hoped for. We are taking our best friends and their kids (who are also my kids' best friends) on this trip, and I was everything to be perfect. They haven't been, so I want to show them a trip that is a mixture of relaxing and super full of Disney. So now that I have my reservations - here are my plans. Please feel free to critique them:

31st - arrive, check in at Animal Kingdom Lodge and go to dinner at Raglan Road. I think our kids would enjoy this (4 girls ages 9 and 11)
1st - Epcot day - rope drop, lunch at San Angel Inn, F&W festival foods for dinner and snacks. Leave at lunch to swim and come back at night
2nd - Sleep in - at noon I have a former cast member surprising the girls with makeovers for the Halloween party this night! Be at the party by 4
3rd - Sleep in, swim, eat by the pool - then Disney Springs for shopping and dinner at Homecoming
4th - Beaches and Cream for lunch, swim, then dinner at Ohana
5th - fly home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter