***Official August 2022 Thread***

Oh no! What did you have trouble getting?

Tomorrow is my ADR day, getting nervous!
Space 220, Chef Mickey, I should mention though that I was only booking for 60+4 due to a split stay, hoping that I have more luck with the second part of my trip

Last edited:

ADR Success this morning!

Hubby helped me out and we split the list. Got everything we wanted with the exception of an earlier time than I wanted at sci-fi - going to see if I can bump that a bit.

8/26: Sci-Fi Lunch (got it for 10:35, aiming for 11/11:30)
8/27: Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch
8/28: Hoop De Doo 4pm
8/30: Olivias dinner
9/1: Topolinos breakfast.......trattorina al forno dinner
9/3: Sanaa lunch........Beaches and Cream dinner

Is there any word on when the Festival of Fantasy parade will be near the end of August? I'm at MK August 22-24 and trying to figure out my plans for the day. Currently (in June and July) its 12 and 3 I think? But not sure if it will change to only once per day in later August. Do they usually still do the parade on Halloween party days? TIA

I managed to book treats and seats a couple of days ago for the 1st Sept if you're looking.
Oh, so maybe they really are sold out for my dates. Bummer, I figured I would be able to snag one near the end when my ADR's opened up, but I guess not. I suppose I could book a second MNSSHP instead!

Is there any word on when the Festival of Fantasy parade will be near the end of August? I'm at MK August 22-24 and trying to figure out my plans for the day. Currently (in June and July) its 12 and 3 I think? But not sure if it will change to only once per day in later August. Do they usually still do the parade on Halloween party days? TIA
Per my notes-in 2019 FOF was at 2pm on august 27th that was also a party day.

Per my notes-in 2019 FOF was at 2pm on august 27th that was also a party day.
They definitely moved it for parties in 2019, but it wasn't running twice a day at that point.

Until we see the schedule bumped into mid August when parties start, there's no precedent for how they'll change from the current 2 parade standard. I doubt they run it at noon and 2pm, seems too tight. Maybe just go to once on party days?

Yesterday was out ADR day for the majority of our trip since we are off-site for the first 3 days. We only had 2 difficult ADR's we wanted but I do not feel successful since I could not get a Sci-Fi lunch at an acceptable time. We have 3 days where we could do Sci-Fi but the times were all too early.

8/25: Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner
8/26: Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch
8/28: Cape May Cafe Breakfast
8/29: Mama Melrose Lunch
8/30: Sci-Fi Lunch
8/31: Sanaa Lunch
9/2: Ohana Dinner
9/3: Sci-Fi Dinner
9/4: Ohana Breakfast

I will keep checking for a later Sci-Fi time but I think we will be cancelling the lunch. I was really hoping that the new Woody's Roundup restaurant would be open by August but it is not looking too promising.

Yesterday was out ADR day for the majority of our trip since we are off-site for the first 3 days. We only had 2 difficult ADR's we wanted but I do not feel successful since I could not get a Sci-Fi lunch at an acceptable time. We have 3 days where we could do Sci-Fi but the times were all too early.

8/25: Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner
8/26: Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch
8/28: Cape May Cafe Breakfast
8/29: Mama Melrose Lunch
8/30: Sci-Fi Lunch
8/31: Sanaa Lunch
9/2: Ohana Dinner
9/3: Sci-Fi Dinner
9/4: Ohana Breakfast

I will keep checking for a later Sci-Fi time but I think we will be cancelling the lunch. I was really hoping that the new Woody's Roundup restaurant would be open by August but it is not looking too promising.
Do you subscribe to Touring Plans? I used their reservation finder tool and it worked for me this morning. I already had an ADR for Steakhouse 71 on our arrival day but wanted about 1hr earlier. This morning, I got an email and text that it had become available. You can only have 2 searches at a time but it's a great service. (I'm assuming you need a subscription but maybe not). Good luck. Looks like you have a pretty good list of bookings.

Do you subscribe to Touring Plans? I used their reservation finder tool and it worked for me this morning. I already had an ADR for Steakhouse 71 on our arrival day but wanted about 1hr earlier. This morning, I got an email and text that it had become available. You can only have 2 searches at a time but it's a great service. (I'm assuming you need a subscription but maybe not). Good luck. Looks like you have a pretty good list of bookings.

Actually, this service is available even with an unpaid account! I've also had great luck with it, especially in the week leading up to and during the trip.

Yes, I do subscribe to Touring Plans. I have set up an alert so we shall see. That's great that you were able to change your Steakhouse 71 time. I thought about trying it but went with other choices. Everyone has there favorites that we need to do.

Hi folks, thought I had registered on here but guess not? We will be at Contemporary from 13-20 and super excited!
Hoping to be able to see any fireworks from MNSS since there will be a few nights of that during our trip.

Following thread... I'll be at the Grand Floridian Aug 26-29. Doing a quick weekend stay to visit my CM daughter. Going to MNSSHP on Friday 8/26 and Hoop De Doo Sun 8/28. I usually skip the whole ADR stress and book my dining day-before/day-of, when everything under the sun becomes available due to cancellations. This time I have a party of 7, so I went ahead and booked some ADRs as "likely placeholders". Only thing I didn't get was the Dessert Party, but with 7 people, I was "iffy" on that anyway $$$$$. Looking forward to a HOT August weekend!

We had no real luck on dining for our trip (we're off-site), bar the T-Rex Cafe for our disney springs day, but will keep checking - are we better to check far out or a few days before on cancellations?

We had no real luck on dining for our trip (we're off-site), bar the T-Rex Cafe for our disney springs day, but will keep checking - are we better to check far out or a few days before on cancellations?
I visit WDW 3-4 times a year because my daughter works there. I check dining availability day before and day-of and have no problem finding tons of good options. As a result, I almost never book ADRs during the 60-day advance ADR "scramble" any more. For example, on my last trip (Spring Break), I was looking for a dinner reservation for the following day. My choices included CRT, Be Our Guest, California Grill, and many others. All of the "hot ticket" items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter