***Official August 2022 Thread***

I hope that this is the reasons they’ve been holding onto the dessert parties slots for late august… Now they can release them!

I'm wondering if the last week in August will get an update next Friday at all or if thats that as far as changes. No changed notes for the 28th-31st

Ugh, my trip overlaps August and September, so hours only updated for my first couple of days. Now, I get to wait another month for updates to see if similar changes continue 8/28 and beyond.

Has anyone been able to see when fireworks during MNSSH? Would like to try to watch from the hotel and don't see times anywhere.

I'm wondering if the last week in August will get an update next Friday at all or if thats that as far as changes. No changed notes for the 28th-31st

Ugh, my trip overlaps August and September, so hours only updated for my first couple of days. Now, I get to wait another month for updates to see if similar changes continue 8/28 and beyond.
I am right there with both of you. The hours were only updated for our first 3 days. Now the long wait to see if anything changes for the rest of our trip. Hopefully we have an answer by 8/12.

I am happy for all of the others who have trips earlier in the month and get to enjoy the extra time in the parks.

We added a day on the front of our trip because the flight time options and prices for our companion certificates were better on Friday than Saturday. Used points to book a night at the Dolphin. And we actually got our request granted to switch from BWV to BCV so our new trip is 8/12-8/20 (dolphin 1 night, BCV 7 nights). Cant believe its so close already. i actually have a work trip to miami until the 10th so i will be flying back to NY on the night of the 10th then flying to orlando morning of the 12th lol

Do we know anything about the early august Genie changes? Don’t the current arrangements expire first week of august (IE the paid LL being G+ for one attraction per park)

havent seen any updates that it will be extended. i hope it will be, but as of now it seems those added ones go back to ILL august 7th i think it is. maybe the increased park hours in august are a good sign though. one can hope.

Glad I didn't ask one of my kids to grab the mail today! We got the blue envelope addressed to disney guest with a fun sticker etc. The kids haven't been told about the trip yet!

Don't remember getting that last year :)
Same thing happened to us today. Luckily our daughter focused on the sticker while I was able to hide the rest. Surprise trip almost ruined.

Park hours starting to update with many 11pm MK closings and 8:30am HS openings.

Edit*
Also EP opening at 8:30 and AK closing at 8pm
Thanks for sharing this information! I was planning on doing a Resort Day on Saturday, but with MK open until 11pm, I might do MK that night.

Thoughts thoughts on Genie+. Not trying to convince anyone, just sharing in case it helps. I've used G+ 4 times now including Oct 2021, New Years 2021, and Spring Break 2022. I found it helpful for MK and DHS. I do plan to use it on my August trip when I need to be as time efficient as humanly possible, at any cost. The Aug heat and sun really take a toll on me. Observations:
  • READING about G+ totally confuses me, and I've used it 4 times! In REALITY, I find it easy to use. I log in to MDE at 7AM and book my first G+ ride (sometimes I also book an Individual Lightning Lane). At 11AM there's a second "drop" of ride choice. After that, I just keep booking rides. Could I be more efficient if I learned the system better? Probably. But I avg 5-7 LL/day out of it, and that works for me.
  • Key - as soon as you "tap in" to a LL ride, you can book your next one. I and my family tap in, then while in line, I check my phone and book our next LL. Takes 2 seconds. I don't feel as if I'm a slave to my phone all day.
  • Example of my MK day late Dec, with late arrival and late afternoon resort break. At 7AM, booked ILL for 7DMT, booked regular G+ LL for Peter Pan. At the 11AM "drop", booked Space Mtn for after lunch. Ate lunch at CRT, tapped into Space, booked Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, tapped into that, booked Splash Mtn, tapped into Splash, booked Pirates, tapped into Pirates, booked Haunted Mansion for later in the day. Left the park, returned to resort for a break. Returned to the park, rode HM, tapped in, booked Small World, then watched fireworks. Final tally 7DMT, Space, Monsters Inc, Splash, Pirates, HM and Small World.
  • Example of DHS half day fall 2021 with Early Entry... Booked ILL for Rise (and MMRR?). Did Toy Story during Early Entry. I think MMRR might have been ILL at that time too. LL rides included ToT, RnR, Smugglers Run, and Star Tours. We were out of there by about 2PM, when it was getting brutally hot and lines were horrendous, with very little shade. Looked for an evening Epcot LL, and there wasn't much available. Booked Land. Returned to resort for pool break. Went to Epcot in the evening, rode Land, walked around World Showcase, watched Harmonious.

Last edited:
Belatedly joining this thread - We're headed to the Polynesian Aug 19-26th for our long postponed trip (originally planned for Aug 2020 :/) I see there's a few other folks here who's stays overlap at the Poly.

Somehow haven't told the kids yet. It's killing me. We'll probably tell them the Sunday before we leave (the 19th is a Friday).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter