*** Official August 2021 thread ***

Hi! We are booked for 8/22-8/29 at Pop! Excited to try a new resort & Gondolas.
This will be a grand return as our 2020 Poly trip didn't happen.
Ew, Covid!

We're joining in for August! We're going to be there July 30-August 9 and we're looking at a split stay.

July 30-August 2: tentatively BC
August 2-9: Poly

We can't wait! We have been to Disney in August in the past and have always had so much fun. We're looking to add more resort days for this trip, as well.

Still hoping for mid-August and actually added an extra night to give us some resort time...our dream agent saved us some $ with the ticket discount too.
But I was really hoping SOME restrictions would be lifted I know not all but was hoping masks would be like only for shows by then...but an article I just read seems like maybe not. It would be our first trip and I just dont know how I feel about not getting that smile in front of the castle picture. Its probably silly but that feels kind of important to me...
Thoughts? Assuming travel is generally safe otherwise

Hi! We are booked for 8/22-8/29 at Pop! Excited to try a new resort & Gondolas.
This will be a grand return as our 2020 Poly trip didn't happen.
Ew, Covid!

You have been added to the roll call. Hope everything works out, and this trip makes up for your 2020 trip being cancelled!

We're joining in for August! We're going to be there July 30-August 9 and we're looking at a split stay.

July 30-August 2: tentatively BC
August 2-9: Poly

We can't wait! We have been to Disney in August in the past and have always had so much fun. We're looking to add more resort days for this trip, as well.

You have been added to the roll call.

Some of my favorite days wind up being the ones we spend outside of Disney, so we always plan at least a couple of days that we won't be going to the parks.

Still hoping for mid-August and actually added an extra night to give us some resort time...our dream agent saved us some $ with the ticket discount too.
But I was really hoping SOME restrictions would be lifted I know not all but was hoping masks would be like only for shows by then...but an article I just read seems like maybe not. It would be our first trip and I just dont know how I feel about not getting that smile in front of the castle picture. Its probably silly but that feels kind of important to me...
Thoughts? Assuming travel is generally safe otherwise

You know how difficult it is to guess these things, but if I had to put money on it, I would say that we will see masks at Disney probably until after they have disappeared in daily life most other places. I think that they will want to keep up that image of keeping guests safe. I wouldn't really count on the mask requirement being dropped at Disney until maybe spring or summer of 2022.

Of course, that is only my guess, nothing official, no strong rumors I've heard anywhere, just making my own wild guess.

Hi guys! I found a great deal for DVC points on FB and extended my trip three nights!

So now I am:
Aug 1-4 BLT
Aug 4-13 CCV

I am so excited to try these resorts. I have stayed Poly villas and Riviera as the only other deluxes I’ve been lucky enough to experience, so I’m curious how they will stack up.

August 2021 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2021, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Jul 30 - Aug 9 MrsLF 30 - 2 BC 2 - 9 Poly
Aug 1 - Aug 6 Sargeant Tibbs PoP[
Aug 1 - Aug 7 Slaggslala CBR
Aug 1 - Aug 14 disny_luvr BCV
Aug 3 - Aug 11 cbeeindustry ASM
Aug 3 - Aug 10 Disneychoirnerd CBR
Aug 4 - Aug 13 figmentfinesse VWL
Aug 4 - Aug 14 jakifamily OKW
Aug 5 - Aug 19 KrazyKoala PoP
Aug 7 - Aug 14 Statefan17 YC
Aug 7 - Aug 15 suse66 BWV / Boulder Ridge
Aug 7 - Aug 21 123SA AoA
Aug 8 - Aug 15 buzzrelly BCV
Aug 9 - Aug 19 OurLaughingPlace 9 - 16 POR 16 - 19 BCV
Aug 13 - Aug 18 cjlong88 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 23 TwoLittlePrincesses BC
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Pills Riviera
Aug 14 - Aug 24 omniscientmommy SSR
Aug 15 - Aug 21 ShannyMcB CBR
Aug 16 - Aug 21 anneboleyn Undecided
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 WL / Copper Creek
Aug 16 - Aug 25 han22735 OKW
Aug 17 - Aug 26 figmentdream AoA
Aug 17 - Aug 26 Jaimet WL
Aug 17 - Aug 31 annachunt 17 - 23 OKW 23 - 27 Disney Cruise 27 - 31 AKL
Aug 18 - Aug 27 alimcn BC
Aug 21 - Aug 28 MissSha VGF
Aug 21 - Aug 31 disneyAndi14 CR / BC
Aug 22 - Aug 28 mantysk8coach Poly
Aug 22 - Aug 29 Palaura PoP
Aug 23 - Aug 29 cindianne320 Offsite
Aug 24 - Sep 2 myhoney 24 - 30 AoA 30 - Sept 2 Universal
Aug 24 - Sep 3 hsmamainva ASM
Aug 29 - Sep 3 lizzyb AoA
Aug 18 - Aug 25 Sashaswt CBR

Hi guys! I found a great deal for DVC points on FB and extended my trip three nights!

So now I am:
Aug 1-4 BLT
Aug 4-13 CCV

I am so excited to try these resorts. I have stayed Poly villas and Riviera as the only other deluxes I’ve been lucky enough to experience, so I’m curious how they will stack up.

Roll Call has been updated. Looks like an amazing vacation is coming together for you!

Added a night, now arriving on the 14th to give us a chance to explore the resort a bit.

Also bought some masks that have the clear middle panel. That way we get the smiles for big pics and will switch to the lighter weight cotton ones for the rest of the time. Hopefully being able to see their mouths will make it easier to understand the kiddos when they start talking 90 miles a minute. Anyone else have trouble with this with regular masks?

Now just have to wait for southwest to publish flights....

Added a night, now arriving on the 14th to give us a chance to explore the resort a bit.

Also bought some masks that have the clear middle panel. That way we get the smiles for big pics and will switch to the lighter weight cotton ones for the rest of the time. Hopefully being able to see their mouths will make it easier to understand the kiddos when they start talking 90 miles a minute. Anyone else have trouble with this with regular masks?

Now just have to wait for southwest to publish flights....

Roll Call has been updated. Always exciting when you get to add days to your trip.

Hands down, the best trips we have ever had to Disney all included at least a day or two that we weren't spending in the parks. Leaving time to enjoy the resort, wander through Disney Springs, or enjoy some of what exists outside of the bubble really adds to the vacation experience!

August 2021 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2021, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Jul 30 - Aug 9 MrsLF 30 - 2 BC 2 - 9 Poly
Aug 1 - Aug 6 Sargeant Tibbs PoP[
Aug 1 - Aug 7 Slaggslala CBR
Aug 1 - Aug 13 figmentfinesse 1 - 4 BLT 4 - 13 CCV
Aug 1 - Aug 14 disny_luvr BCV
Aug 3 - Aug 11 cbeeindustry ASM
Aug 3 - Aug 10 Disneychoirnerd CBR
Aug 4 - Aug 14 jakifamily OKW
Aug 5 - Aug 19 KrazyKoala PoP
Aug 7 - Aug 14 Statefan17 YC
Aug 7 - Aug 15 suse66 BWV / Boulder Ridge
Aug 7 - Aug 21 123SA AoA
Aug 8 - Aug 15 buzzrelly BCV
Aug 9 - Aug 19 OurLaughingPlace 9 - 16 POR 16 - 19 BCV
Aug 13 - Aug 18 cjlong88 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 22 Nikki0401 Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 23 TwoLittlePrincesses BC
Aug 14 - Aug 21 ShannyMcB CBR
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Pills Riviera
Aug 14 - Aug 24 omniscientmommy SSR
Aug 14 - Aug 25 MISSYLEXI AKL Savanna View!
Aug 16 - Aug 21 anneboleyn Undecided
Aug 16 - Aug 22 sromanello815 WL / Copper Creek
Aug 16 - Aug 25 han22735 OKW
Aug 17 - Aug 26 figmentdream AoA
Aug 17 - Aug 26 Jaimet WL
Aug 17 - Aug 31 annachunt 17 - 23 OKW 23 - 27 Disney Cruise 27 - 31 AKL
Aug 18 - Aug 25 Sashaswt CBR
Aug 18 - Aug 27 alimcn BC
Aug 21 - Aug 28 MissSha VGF
Aug 21 - Aug 31 disneyAndi14 CR / BC
Aug 22 - Aug 28 mantysk8coach Poly
Aug 22 - Aug 29 Palaura PoP
Aug 23 - Aug 29 cindianne320 Offsite
Aug 24 - Sep 2 myhoney 24 - 30 AoA 30 - Sept 2 Universal
Aug 24 - Sep 3 hsmamainva ASM
Aug 29 - Sep 3 lizzyb AoA
So excited! We rescheduled our August 2020 trip for August 2021. We will be staying from August 6th through the 20th at the Riviera! This is definitely a bucket list, dream vacation for our family of four. Now, we just have to keep our fingers crossed that crowds will be manageable and more restaurants will be open!

So excited! We rescheduled our August 2020 trip for August 2021. We will be staying from August 6th through the 20th at the Riviera! This is definitely a bucket list, dream vacation for our family of four. Now, we just have to keep our fingers crossed that crowds will be manageable and more restaurants will be open!

You have been added to the Roll Call. Welcome to the group. Happy planning!

Saw the rumors about Typhoon reopening...I can only hope!!

Thanks for sharing, I missed that rumor, however I did just see a post describing a change in the official mask policy at Disney, which appears to say that guests will now need to wear masks while seated in restaurants unless they are actively eating. Will update once it becomes clear if that is actually a new policy they will be enforcing.

Thanks for sharing, I missed that rumor, however I did just see a post describing a change in the official mask policy at Disney, which appears to say that guests will now need to wear masks while seated in restaurants unless they are actively eating. Will update once it becomes clear if that is actually a new policy they will be enforcing.

I saw it over in the Rumors and News forum, there are apparently job postings for lifeguards for TL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter