*** Official August 2021 thread ***

This is great and sounds so similar to our upcoming trip. Why couldn't you ride the SL from CBR to RR? weather? Primo is on my "to-do" list and I want to make sure I know how to get there from Pop!
We were trying to ride to RR around 9:30, so Epcot SL wasn’t running yet. They were letting guests with ADRs to Topolinos ride, but not anyone else. That said, my family was able to ride back from Riviera no problem.

Appreciate the report! We are due to arrive next week. How was the spacing at Brown Derby and Rose & Crown?

We have Le Cellier booked one night but am tempted to switch - as I’ve read tables are very close to each other.

Brown Derby has multiple sections. I didn’t pay close attention to the spacing in the main section. We were at a large table right against the window, and there was plenty of room between tables in this front section. There were also some empty tables. We were seated outdoors at Rose and Crown, soI didn’t see the inside tables. The tables were fairly close (chairs backed up into each other), but I felt comfortable. Again, not all tables full, so we didn’t actually have people right next to us.

Just back from our trip- two negative Covid tests too! DH and I felt like we had allergies all trip, so we were cautious and got tested this morning. There is no social distancing that's for sure, but we put our masks up in crowds, in lines and tried to be as safe as possible. There were definitely those few outliers that took their masks down after seeing a CM in line then put them back up before seeing another one further down the line. There were also a few that took it off on rides, ie Splash Mountain, and then didn't understand why they didn't get their picture at the end.

We had a really awesome trip! We saw some crowds dwindle, but if it hadn't been for Boo Bash, we probably wouldn't have gotten on all of the rides we did in MK. We got Rise, Flight of Passage and everything else that we really wanted in the other parks. Rain everyday, which is to be expected and luckily we missed Tropical Storm Fred. Overall, amazing trip, super glad we went and very happy to be sleeping in my own bed after 10 days!

We didn't get boarding for ROTR but if I'm being honest, I'm a bit relieved because it means we can take our time going to HS today lol

Magic Kingdom was hot and crowded yesterday but we managed a lot of rides and did some new ones (DD13 is a scaredy cat but we got her on Big Thunder 😊).

Hopefully we can get boarding group at 1pm and not have too long of waits for other rides.

Overall, a fantastic first 10 days in FL and we have another 6 days left.

What a day at HS yesterday. Started off rather rocky with deciding to get in line for Railway and after 40min in that blazing sun, it shut down. Girls and I were super crabby at this point so moods were suspect lol But we ended up getting a boarding group (103) for ROTR while waiting which was for about 5 hours later.

We met up with friends and it eased some of the tension so we enjoyed a few more rides, had some drinks (mama ones!) and ate dinner before heading back to explore Galaxy's Edge. We were in the area around 6 and it gave us time to ride Millenium Falcon twice before our boarding group was called. ROTR was absolutely amazing. We didn't watch any Youtube videos or read any spoilers but knew it was supposed to be great. We were not disappointed.

Taking a much needed rest day after 3 days of nonstop park time (first time we have ever done that). Weather was brutally hot yesterday. We had cloud coverage about 90% of the time since we arrived so the yesterday was a wake up call lol

Trip starts Saturday! Anyone want to help me out with their best outdoor dining? QS/TS welcome!

Trip starts Saturday! Anyone want to help me out with their best outdoor dining? QS/TS welcome!
On our departure day we had some time to play with so we made a reservation at Chef Art Smiths Homecomin' in the Springs. Hard to get reservation but almost everything can be had the day before as people cancel.

They sat us outside under a canopy (which was a lifesaver noting a veritable monsoon started during our lunch) and fans blowing everywhere. That + food + moonshine on tap = a great last meal.
It almost made our impending ride on the Tragical Express bearable, almost... that day is always sad. When people arrive at the resort to start their trips all smiling I usually throw them some dirty looks. ;)

Last edited:
Just checking in with all my August peeps! We just finished our most magical trip. I am so glad we went and even though we were a bit anxious about the covid thing, we really needed the break. Haven't been anywhere outside of NY since our last Disney trip in 2019 (haha).

Although I complained continuously about the humidity, we had the most fabulous time. Hardly any waits for rides in any park. I think longest was for Runaway Railway. Magic Kingdom was the most crowded but still we really didn't wait more than 20-30 and that was only for BTMR and SDMT. Everything else was literally a walk-on or close to it.

Cast members were great as usual. I saw them literally on hands and needs cleaning up messes on floors and really keeping up the place so I think they do a great job. And how do they keep those white uniforms so clean??? I could not keep that up.🤷‍♀️

(writing in caps for excitement now) SPEAKING OF BOMA, we were wandering around Jambo looking at the animals and the different outlooks and we stumbled upon a cast promotional photo shoot for the opening of the restaurant!!!! They let us stay outside and look at the savanna and then we had to wait for them to finish before going back in. The cool thing was they showed us the pics of the shoot and the manager spoke to us and everyone said hello. Guys, it was literally magical and I started crying. I held in sobbing, but there were tears and I had to dab them.

A grown woman with a family and I cry over Disney things. I mean, I started laughing at the same time. :earboy2: It was a great trip and I hope you all had or will have a great time this month and in the future!

Just checking in with all my August peeps! We just finished our most magical trip. I am so glad we went and even though we were a bit anxious about the covid thing, we really needed the break. Haven't been anywhere outside of NY since our last Disney trip in 2019 (haha).

Although I complained continuously about the humidity, we had the most fabulous time. Hardly any waits for rides in any park. I think longest was for Runaway Railway. Magic Kingdom was the most crowded but still we really didn't wait more than 20-30 and that was only for BTMR and SDMT. Everything else was literally a walk-on or close to it.

Cast members were great as usual. I saw them literally on hands and needs cleaning up messes on floors and really keeping up the place so I think they do a great job. And how do they keep those white uniforms so clean??? I could not keep that up.🤷‍♀️

(writing in caps for excitement now) SPEAKING OF BOMA, we were wandering around Jambo looking at the animals and the different outlooks and we stumbled upon a cast promotional photo shoot for the opening of the restaurant!!!! They let us stay outside and look at the savanna and then we had to wait for them to finish before going back in. The cool thing was they showed us the pics of the shoot and the manager spoke to us and everyone said hello. Guys, it was literally magical and I started crying. I held in sobbing, but there were tears and I had to dab them.

A grown woman with a family and I cry over Disney things. I mean, I started laughing at the same time. :earboy2: It was a great trip and I hope you all had or will have a great time this month and in the future!

th Al’s for this input-I’m a grown woman with family taking off tomorrow. Incredibly anxious about covid but ready to get back home<3

th Al’s for this input-I’m a grown woman with family taking off tomorrow. Incredibly anxious about covid but ready to get back home<3
Not sure where you are from, but coming from NY we were used to strict regulations and being locked down for a long time. We all needed a break and we knew how to be extra cautious with touching and cleaning hands, etc. We also tried to go in the opposite direction of crowds and not really follow a plan like we normally do.

My kids are still in elementary school, and they were troopers. It was very humid, but they did so well. I also didn't let them play with the interactive stuff in the queues, which was hard but they mainly listened. I felt bad, but it was too much extra touching for me. haha

Not sure where you are from, but coming from NY we were used to strict regulations and being locked down for a long time. We all needed a break and we knew how to be extra cautious with touching and cleaning hands, etc. We also tried to go in the opposite direction of crowds and not really follow a plan like we normally do.

My kids are still in elementary school, and they were troopers. It was very humid, but they did so well. I also didn't let them play with the interactive stuff in the queues, which was hard but they mainly listened. I felt bad, but it was too much extra touching for me. haha
Such a great comment and also so needed. We live in Philly my kids are probably close to yours in the “covid regulations.” My 1st grader has a very clear outline of a mask on his face from his suntan. I am more confident about the 2 littles than I am about my husband and I!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter