*** Official August 2020 thread ***

Hello again. Thanks Tomh for organizing this thread.

I booked the bounceback offer for Aug 3 -17 at ASMu suite, but I'm hoping to change it to Aug 8 - 22. I think this will be our 6th consecutive August trip.

We did lots of extras last year...and I think I'm addicted to them. I'm hoping that the Villains party will be available, but I'm pretty sure that it specifically wasn't available these two weeks last year. I'm hoping for an After Hours at AK and one Halloween party, two parties if the Villains or regular after hours MK event isn't offered.

My daughter and I will start planning out our meals as soon as I find out if I can change the dates. I do love the planning but I find frustrating every year that I plan out my days, wake up early to get the meals booked and inevitably it will change once these party dates get released.
Hello again. You are MOST welcome. I quite enjoy this these threads.

I have added you to the Roll Call, just let me know if you do indeed change your dates, and I will update.

We have done a number of the extras over the years, and they are indeed fun, and addicting. Villains After Hours . . . last year there was one on Thursday, August 8th, and I am 100% sure of it, because we attended. It was pretty cool seeing the Maleficent dragon breathing fire at night!

Hello again. You are MOST welcome. I quite enjoy this these threads.

I have added you to the Roll Call, just let me know if you do indeed change your dates, and I will update.

We have done a number of the extras over the years, and they are indeed fun, and addicting. Villains After Hours . . . last year there was one on Thursday, August 8th, and I am 100% sure of it, because we attended. It was pretty cool seeing the Maleficent dragon breathing fire at night!

I was at that one too! The Villains After Hours was our favorite After Hours event. It was the last one. This year the 8th is on a Saturday which is why I was thinking we'd miss it, but I think there is just no guessing what the schedule will be. I was thinking that it would depend on when Halloween parties start. They started on the 3rd Friday last year - 16th, but that was mid month. This year the 3rd Friday is the 21st.

My travel agent successfully moved the trip, so it's Aug 8 -22 for us. I haven't paid much attention to Disney news since last August so I have lots to research. I'm really confusing myself over the way the weeks work out in August this year -- this year's trip starts 5 days later than last year's trip. It shouldn't make much difference.

I was at that one too! The Villains After Hours was our favorite After Hours event. It was the last one. This year the 8th is on a Saturday which is why I was thinking we'd miss it, but I think there is just no guessing what the schedule will be. I was thinking that it would depend on when Halloween parties start. They started on the 3rd Friday last year - 16th, but that was mid month. This year the 3rd Friday is the 21st.

My travel agent successfully moved the trip, so it's Aug 8 -22 for us. I haven't paid much attention to Disney news since last August so I have lots to research. I'm really confusing myself over the way the weeks work out in August this year -- this year's trip starts 5 days later than last year's trip. It shouldn't make much difference.
Roll Call has been updated.

Just booked a couple days pre-cruise trip for DH and DS! (Girls already got their Christmas trip and DS wanted a cruise and WDW so we have to go when we have time!) . August 4-7 at CSR in Tower Water View Room. We are only doing 2 days in the parks so need to decide what ones we want to do!

We recently booked a trip from August 21 - 28. Staying off-site at Marriott Sabal Palms, which will be our first full-time off-site stay in recent years. Also planning a day at Universal and Typhoon Lagoon in addition to the parks. Looking forward to it!!

Anyone know when Disney After Hours and MNSSHP dates are typically released? Really hoping to be able to finalize our parks schedule before the ADR window opens.

Ok, so I am working on updating the Roll Call, however, I just realized that the BBCode in it is very messy, so it is a bit of a project to neaten it up and make it easier to edit. I'll get things updated in a while, hang in there with me.

Ok, so I am working on updating the Roll Call, however, I just realized that the BBCode in it is very messy, so it is a bit of a project to neaten it up and make it easier to edit. I'll get things updated in a while, hang in there with me.
Need an update while you're at it! Now that they came out with discounts, we're heading to CSR (TOWER ROOM, BABY!!!! :cool1:).

So, first off, holy moly, what a mess that was. I have a solid hour plus into just cleaning that up, and now I have extra space between every entry in the list . . . gotta sort that out gosh.

On the positive side, it should be a lot easier for me to add new members now :)

Just booked a couple days pre-cruise trip for DH and DS! (Girls already got their Christmas trip and DS wanted a cruise and WDW so we have to go when we have time!) . August 4-7 at CSR in Tower Water View Room. We are only doing 2 days in the parks so need to decide what ones we want to do!

You have been added.

We recently booked a trip from August 21 - 28. Staying off-site at Marriott Sabal Palms, which will be our first full-time off-site stay in recent years. Also planning a day at Universal and Typhoon Lagoon in addition to the parks. Looking forward to it!!

Anyone know when Disney After Hours and MNSSHP dates are typically released? Really hoping to be able to finalize our parks schedule before the ADR window opens.

You have been added

Need an update while you're at it! Now that they came out with discounts, we're heading to CSR (TOWER ROOM, BABY!!!! :cool1:).

You've been updated.

Thanks for all the extra work you did. This is such a fun thread. My final update—room only discount allowed me to switch to pop! Aug 13-21 pop!

So, first off, holy moly, what a mess that was. I have a solid hour plus into just cleaning that up, and now I have extra space between every entry in the list . . . gotta sort that out gosh.

On the positive side, it should be a lot easier for me to add new members now :)
Thank you SO MUCH for all the hard work you're putting into this!!! You're the best! :thanks:

We're in! Aug 23-29 at Poly !

You've been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

Thanks for all the extra work you did. This is such a fun thread. My final update—room only discount allowed me to switch to pop! Aug 13-21 pop!

You are most welcome. Honestly, the extra work was just to make things easier for me going forward. The Roll Call was displaying fine, but the code that makes it work was a disaster with tons of extra stuff in there. Hacking all that extra junk out makes it look nice and neat, and makes it super easy for me to add new members.

Thank you SO MUCH for all the hard work you're putting into this!!! You're the best! :thanks:

You are quite welcome, and thank you!

Our family will be at Beach Club Villas August 23-28. Also sent a request to join the FB group!

Is anyone planning a Memory Maker share for the month? We did this with a group from DIS our last trip and it worked beautifully.

Our family will be at Beach Club Villas August 23-28. Also sent a request to join the FB group!

Is anyone planning a Memory Maker share for the month? We did this with a group from DIS our last trip and it worked beautifully.

Roll Call has been updated, and you have been accepted into the facebook group. Happy planning!

Me, my mom, my sister, and our two best friends will all be squeezing into a Beach Club Villas deluxe studio on August 11-16th. I am SO excited to take these young friends of mine to Disney World for their first time! I went in July last year and while the heat was real, it didn't make me miserable or anything. I'm hoping this August is similar, and no hurricanes!

I just learned about people sharing a Memory Maker from a Touring Plans forum post the other day! I have never purchased memory maker before because of the price, but if someone in this thread knows how to lead a group and enough families are interested, I would love to be a part of one!!

Me, my mom, my sister, and our two best friends will all be squeezing into a Beach Club Villas deluxe studio on August 11-16th. I am SO excited to take these young friends of mine to Disney World for their first time! I went in July last year and while the heat was real, it didn't make me miserable or anything. I'm hoping this August is similar, and no hurricanes!

I just learned about people sharing a Memory Maker from a Touring Plans forum post the other day! I have never purchased memory maker before because of the price, but if someone in this thread knows how to lead a group and enough families are interested, I would love to be a part of one!!

I am relatively sure I will not be going to Disney World this year.

However, I do have plenty of experience running Memory Maker shares. If we wind up with a group that really wants to set up a share, and has no experienced leader, I would be willing to lead a group, I just wouldn't have any photos in it myself, or pay into the group.

Hello!

Can we please be added to the roll call? We will be staying at the Yacht Club from August 3rd-9th and then moving over to the Poly from August 9th-14th. We might add on one more night to the end of our trip, but I’m waiting until Southwest releases their next round of flights to make that decision. My 40th birthday is August 10th, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate!

Hello!

Can we please be added to the roll call? We will be staying at the Yacht Club from August 3rd-9th and then moving over to the Poly from August 9th-14th. We might add on one more night to the end of our trip, but I’m waiting until Southwest releases their next round of flights to make that decision. My 40th birthday is August 10th, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate!

The Roll Call has been updated, and your 40th birthday has been duly noted :)

Hi All!

So excited for our 8/8-8/12 trip. Originally started out at CBR then got a (much appreciated thoroughly awesome) upgrade to BWI!

Hi all! going to Cabana Bay, 19th august for 2 weeks. Doing Universal, KSC, Disney, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens. Been twice before, once when I was little, the second time, we got engaged in Cinderella's Royal table, now it's our honeymoon!

Can't wait, be interesting to see how busy it is.

Ross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!