*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Our 60 day mark is Monday the 12th. I can't wait to start making FP+ selections!
Ordered LE Pandora MB for middle kid-was remarking on the tracking (will be here tomorrow) and said somewhat distractedly that I really need to look up our exact fast pass date (I have started touring plans for the days but it has been a busy few weeks and haven't got back to it). Both DH and middle DD snapped back at me "It's June 10th! It's on the (shared google) calendar!" Sheesh! Guess they are excited LOL!

It looks like I can get a room at an All-Star for about $104/night, which includes taxes. We'd also want to add a park day for $40. This adds $84 to the vacation... but then we'd have to transfer to the Poly.
With all the wear/tear stress etc-Have you looked into the MCO Hyatt if you are arriving late night before your scheduled Poly stay? Then just catch MDE next day without rushing and do resort day without having to change resorts. Bit more than Allstars but no having to catch a bus when you may already be tired...

@ariane37 my DD is beyond excited to be doing her DCP this fall. I already have 3 trips booked this year august, October (a if-things-go-as-planned girls trip), and Thanksgiving. Plus the trip down in January to get her (trying to talk DH into going Dec 30 so we can spend NYE in Epcot). And to get max value from our AP's-a trip in late May/early June 2018.

Ordered LE Pandora MB for mid

With all the wear/tear stress etc-Have you looked into the MCO Hyatt if you are arriving late night before your scheduled Poly stay? Then just catch MDE next day without rushing and do resort day without having to change resorts. Bit more than Allstars but no having to catch a.

that was my first thought as well. But if they are counting costs (otherwise, why not just add the night onto Poly?), it could possibly be 3x as much as All Stars (depending on dates), so I hesitated to bring it up. But, that's probably what I would do just for simplicity's sake.

It looks like I can get a room at an All-Star for about $104/night, which includes taxes. We'd also want to add a park day for $40. This adds $84 to the vacation... but then we'd have to transfer to the Poly.

I think I have to do more research. Can we have our bags to go the Poly instead of the one night room if we don't need anything in them? How easy is it to transfer hotels for a split stay?

With all the wear/tear stress etc-Have you looked into the MCO Hyatt if you are arriving late night before your scheduled Poly stay? Then just catch MDE next day without rushing and do resort day without having to change resorts. Bit more than Allstars but no having to catch a bus when you may already be tired...

I was also thinking the MCO for a night. We do this quite often. My teens really like it here. Great rooftop pool if you get a chance - fun to swim here at night. We also watch the planes land/take off from the roof top pool area. There are lots of places to grab a late meal or early breakfast. My teens like to get Starbucks in the morning before we hop on the magical express, well rested and ready to go. We've taken an 8:00/8:30 am Magical Express and been at our resort around 9:00am. We still have the full day ahead of us. It can be expensive at the MCO but I've found that using AAA (we're Canadian so CAA) or if you are a government employee you can get a decent rate. Saves a lot of stress. Just be sure to get your ME set up for the morning.
ETA- I just checked MCO rates and they do vary quite a bit depending on the dates, as TJ DisneyMama mentioned. Keep an eye on them if this might be an option for you and maybe you will get a better rate. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hello all! I thought I would post this here first before going to the Illuminations thread. We have an Illuminations cruise booked on Sunday, August 6th. The cost of the boat is $371.69 + tip for 10 people. This includes snacks. If you are interested in joining us, please PM me. We have room for up to 6 more people. The cost is $45 per person.

Greetings!

Traveling "home" 8/12-8/19 with my DD (8) and my dad whom is a Cast Member. Staying at POFQ.

Last minute trip to be with my Dad in my sisters favorite plave on Earth. She passed away last August so we thought this was a great way to celebrate her life and remember her.

It's my DD's first trip that she will remember so we are very excited. Have a surprise BBB appointment in the castle our first day to set the tone of the vacation for her.

ADR's at Skipper Canteen, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert Party, BOG, Le Cellier, ROL Dinner at Tiffins, Crystal Palace, Fireworks Dessert Party at MK, Coral Reef, 1900 PF and Sanaa.

Have a magical day!

Last edited:
Greetings!

Traveling "home" 8/12-8/19 with my DD (8) and my dad whom is a Cast Member. Staying at POFQ.

Last minute trip to be with my Dad in my sisters favorite plave on Earth. She passed away last August so we thought this was a great way to celebrate her life and remember her.

It's my DD's first trip that she will remember so we are very excited. Have a surprise BBB appointment in the castle our first day to set the tone of the vacation for her.

ADR's at Skipper Canteen, Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Star Wars Dessert Party, BOG, Le Cellier, ROL Dinner at Tiffins, Crystal Palace, Fireworks Dessert Party at MK, Coral Reef, 1900 PF and Sanaa.

Have a magical day!

Sounds like a lovely trip you have planned. :welcome: to DIS Boards.
May I join? Our trip is 8/25 -9/1. Me, dh and our 2 chicks, dd 12 and ds 9. Staying at CSR and going to MNSSHP on the 29th. SO EXCITED!!

Great to see another 29th party goer.

Thank you kindly. We are very excited and I am looking to share that over the next few weeks of planning/waiting.

Any thoughts on doing a Pixar Live/Fantasmic dining package? We don't usually do the dining packages... we prefer QSR, and DH doesn't like the reserved seating area for Fantasmic, so we've never done it. However, with the new Pixar Live show, we are wondering if it's worth it. ...I'm about to start searching the boards, but thought I'd ask you guys.

Last edited:
I posted in the fairy godmailer forum but haven't gotten any responses. Is there anyone going in the beginning of August that might be able to sent a disney postcard to my foster daughters to announce the trip? They have never been to Disney or really on any vacations so they won't understand some of the more subtle reveals.

I posted in the fairy godmailer forum but haven't gotten any responses. Is there anyone going in the beginning of August that might be able to sent a disney postcard to my foster daughters to announce the trip? They have never been to Disney or really on any vacations so they won't understand some of the more subtle reveals.

I will be in FL on August 15 - can send a postcard from the airport if that is early enough for you!!

Thanks for the welcome! The last week of August is our favorite week to go to WDW, although its been years since we have been able to visit during that time! I was excited to get free dining even though the mods only get the counter service plan. We are going to upgrade to the regular dining plan because we like to eat at sit downs everyday.
We are trying to think of a good family costume for MNSSHP. Have any of you that are attending the party decided on a costume yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter