*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

I can finally "officially" join in here! We're going back-with the kids this time after an adults only trip in March and another one coming up later this month- 8/23-8/26 at Pop and then 8/26-8/31 AKL CL :goodvibes Our first time at Pop, first time for the kids at AKL and first time CL for all of us!

Has anyone booked the Pirate & Pals for August? Trying to figure out which nights they do it, without having to call. Also considering this as my birthday present to myself, lol. (i think this is probably going to end up being the most costly trip ever ....I can see myself now "oh, I'll just splurge on this purse....a birthday present...."...."oh, i'll just treat myself to this sweatshirt....a birthday present..." :P
From my. understanding (I'm also a TA) it runs every night with just a few exceptions. I'm trying to book for a client in Oct. but the dates haven't opened yet. I've heard such great things about this that I really wanted to do it in August with my boys! However there are a few other things we want to do and I'm not sure this will make the cut :(

I'm still debating whether we should do EMM.....Not only is it our first park day, and first MK day -- it's my bday. I kind of feel like it would be an awesome bday present to myself, and awesome way to start our trip. BUT, we won't be doing 7DMT (DD won't do it), so it's kind of a lot of $$ for just 2 measly rides and breakfast, and I already feel the price is steep for just 3 rides + breakfast.
I REALLY wish they would add some characters, that would totally make the price worth it (in my eyes).

What to do....what to do.........:rolleyes1

what do you all think? (it's just me and DD so won't be like I have to dish out HUGE amounts of money.....)

For me, I wouldn't pay the extra for EMM. August is already lower crowds, right? Being there at rope drop will get you plenty of access to rides without long lines.

Why not make it a unique celebration day with a special dinner or Tea at GF or a fireworks dessert cruise?

For me, I wouldn't pay the extra for EMM. August is already lower crowds, right? Being there at rope drop will get you plenty of access to rides without long lines.

You're right. Ok, I'm NOT going to do it, lol. I think we will just get there at 8:00 to hang at Main Street, peruse the shops...Im in the market for a new Disney Dooney anyways......grab something at the bakery, and be ready to head to Peter Pan as soon as they let us in.

I really want to book a quick 4 night trip in Aug to take advantage of FD. I'm looking at 8/16-8/20 at Pop (I have a Disney Visa). It's a great price but flights are almost the same price!! It's killing me. The price doesn't even include my DD because she'd be a lap baby. I'm waiting to see if they drop a bit before trying to convince my DH but I can't wait forever. Is there any chance that they may drop a bit in the next few weeks?? I want them to go below $1000, right now its pricing out to about $1250 (I'll only do direct flights with the little ones so I know that doesn't help much). My DS is just starting to really get into Cars and Lightning McQueen so I know he'd love to walk over to AoA. I want to officially join you guys SO bad!:sad::sad:

August is already lower crowds, right?

I don't think I would characterize August as lower crowds.

However, with 7DMT not being on their to do list, I agree that I probably wouldn't do the EMM. It's primary advantage is the opportunity to ride 7DMT, over and over, without a 40 minute plus wait. Take 7DMT out of the deal, and you are left with Peter Pan, and Pooh, both of which you can ride at rope drop with a fairly short wait.

Joining in - Booked YC 8/18-8/25! Work is so slow this week I am spending a LOT of time working out my plans etc.... We have never been in summer. Always have gone end of April/Early May. But since we took the kids out of school for vacation around Thanksgiving and they are getting older we didn't feel that we could take them out again. Can't wait to see my countdown hit double digits... but who's kidding really I am hoping summer flies by and are on vacation already!

I can finally "officially" join in here! We're going back-with the kids this time after an adults only trip in March and another one coming up later this month- 8/23-8/26 at Pop and then 8/26-8/31 AKL CL :goodvibes Our first time at Pop, first time for the kids at AKL and first time CL for all of us!
So excited that you will be there at the same time as me! Maybe we can meet up for a drink at Victoria Falls!

So excited that you will be there at the same time as me! Maybe we can meet up for a drink at Victoria Falls!
We will most definitely make that happen! When it's closer I'll message you :thumbsup2

One of my favorite times to visit is right around Labor Day! Crowds are great!
Agree! We've been going in August since 2014 and 2 of those trips included Labor Day. We didn't feel crowds increased significantly as the holiday approached at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter