****Official August 2014 Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
...3 looooooooooooooooooooooong days left.we actually leave Saturday evening but wont arrive until sunday at 6 am.

What items do you pack that are summer specific or Disney vacation specific? I haven't been spending much time thinking about what I need to get/pack. And it's probably time to start thinking about it. Help!

What items do you pack that are summer specific or Disney vacation specific? I haven't been spending much time thinking about what I need to get/pack. And it's probably time to start thinking about it. Help!

High SPF sunscreen
Rain ponchos
Autograph books
Water shoes
Lip gloss
Hand sanitizer
Tylenol

I have a bigger list but those are my must haves for sure

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Cant wait 15 more days until our split stay at Pop and WL. Already packed up the suitcases !!!

- Ponchos
- Multiple hats (I think I wore the hat I brought to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami a grand total of twice but I wear one every day in Florida)
- pin lanyard
- Lactaid (I carry advil everywhere with me anyway but I normally don't carry specific medicine like this around)
- water bottle with filter
- portable charger
- chilly towel

No, that was just my DME info and luggage tags..This is my first trip but I know from reading DIS boards that I should also get Mickey Mail with Disney area vouchers and souvenir luggage tags.

Ahh got ya..I would call your TA as it may of gone to them in error

When do you recieve Disney Mail?

It depends on many things to be honest. I only receive luggage tags as I am taking ME due to flying so I got them last week. I am DVC so I don't get a TA package but most people get them about a month out and I live in Canada so I receive my MB at the resort and I see people getting them about 3 weeks out

Hey everybody-I have 2 completely different questions.

1. If I'm not planning to use ME, do I have to somehow let Disney know? I've always used it when staying onsite.

2. I'm panicking a little. Yesterday I went to Times Square (to see Newsies on Broadway...AMAZING). Anyway, I went on the ferris wheel in Toys R Us and got SO sick. I have no idea why. I've never gotten sick on a ride like that. Then I felt sick on the train on the way home, and I know it was all in my head. I'm so afraid I'm gonna psych myself out and worry about the rides in the parks now. I've tried things like Bonine before, and they just make me sick to my stomach. I don't handle any medications well. Anyone have any tips for dealing with this. the only ride I've ever been sick on was Star Tours, and that was one fluke time. But now it's in my head!!

Hey everybody-I have 2 completely different questions.

1. If I'm not planning to use ME, do I have to somehow let Disney know? I've always used it when staying onsite.

2. I'm panicking a little. Yesterday I went to Times Square (to see Newsies on Broadway...AMAZING). Anyway, I went on the ferris wheel in Toys R Us and got SO sick. I have no idea why. I've never gotten sick on a ride like that. Then I felt sick on the train on the way home, and I know it was all in my head. I'm so afraid I'm gonna psych myself out and worry about the rides in the parks now. I've tried things like Bonine before, and they just make me sick to my stomach. I don't handle any medications well. Anyone have any tips for dealing with this. the only ride I've ever been sick on was Star Tours, and that was one fluke time. But now it's in my head!!

Well, my tip still involves taking a pill, but it is not a strong medication and works well for us.

Try some Ginger Root capsules. You can get them in the vitamin/supplement section of most Walmart, Target, pharmacy or grocery stores. We take it on cruises when the seas are really rough and it helps our family on crazy amusement rides. Did you ever hear of drinking ginger ale to calm you stomach? It works like that but on stronger scale and with no side effects!

Good luck!

I'll check out the capsules and maybe some of those chewable ginger candies too. Ginger ale is usually a big help for me. I'm pretty prone to nausea, but not much motion sickness. I'm the teacher that always looks like she's coming in hungover because I often have ginger ale for breakfast (I swear, I'm not!). So it's probably a good idea to carry some with me in the park.

:rolleyes1

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
It's August tomorrow!
We're only a day away!

It's nearly our month! I can't quite believe it! :woohoo:

9 days!!!! it seemed so far away and now it's so close. Going to pack this weekend and buy snacks, only thing left to do. Ordered my Amazon Pantry order.

well, I could re-look at everything 10 times and obsess about making changes

9 days!!!! it seemed so far away and now it's so close. Going to pack this weekend and buy snacks, only thing left to do. Ordered my Amazon Pantry order.

well, I could re-look at everything 10 times and obsess about making changes

11 days for us! I think I look over my plans at least 15 times a day! I really need to start thinking about packing!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter