"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

I’m not talking about MNSSHP party specific food but general MK Halloween food.

I went to Liberty Square Market to get the Halloween whooping pie around 5.45pm (after buying the Mexican skull brownie outside Haunted Mansion) and it was closed - they close at 5.30pm on MNSSHP nights. Columbia Harbor House was also closed by then (and turned into a treat station) so I couldn’t get the Haunted Mansion milkshake either.

There aren’t actually that many MNSSHP party specific treats so I’m saying if you want Halloween food generally and you’re only in MK for that one day make sure to go before 5.30pm.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2023/

You seem to have wanted two of the items that aren’t party specific. Imo, the whoopie pie is one of the better options, so I’m sorry that you missed out on that one!

We went to the 10/31 party and had a GREAT time. It's always been a dream of mine to go on Halloween, and I finally made it happen! We entered at 5:30PM and no wait to get in. Got in the first boarding group for Tron at 6:00pm. We got in line for Buzz and got a notification our Tron group was called, so we headed over there. There was NO ONE THERE. Not in the queue, not in the loading area. We got in the front row of our very own set of motorcycles. My husband and I agreed that alone made the party cost worth it!

We did every attraction we wanted, queues were minimal. Watched the first parade from Frontierland (my favorite part is the Gravediggers!) and followed the parade out to the hub where we got excellent spots for the fireworks. We enjoyed many of the specialty treats and saved trick or treating for later and had no waits at any of them. The Hocus Pocus show was excellent but next time we will make it more of a priority to wait for front row- we could not see anything for all the children on shoulders. We stayed until closing and ended our night with 2 rides on 7 Dwarves (the CM was so friendly- we asked for back row and she said "Sure, I got you!")

Wonderful experience!!! Can't wait for next time!

Reporting back for reference:
We went to the Sunday-before-Halloween, Halloween, and the day after Halloween parties. All of the party specific food was available. Adventureland/Pirate Radio was still playing. There were no special events, different magic shots, or changes to the party vs. when we went in August. We were surprised to find a lot of Halloween Merch gone from the stores and replaced with Christmas, even before Halloween. Also, the Halloween Merch that was offered in Momento Mori, our hotel gift shop, Downtown Disney, and on Main Street was roughly the same.

We had a great time and did every ride we wanted to. On Halloween night, Haunted Mansion posted a 20 minute but it was a walk on. We didn't see the characters outside of Haunted Mansion any night except 10/29, but I was told that was just because they were 'on break' each of the times we went by. Lines for the Haunted Mansion magic shot were between 10 and 40 minutes, but other magic shots were zero wait. The longest ride line was Tron, where despite having a virtual queue, we would then need to wait in line at least an hour (and that was at 11:15 at night!).

Halloween definitely brought out the best costumes, but otherwise was not different in any way from the other parties. I was surprised by the number of people at the 11/1 party, the crowds felt worse than 10/29. The Space Mountain Overlay was just turning off the lights and sound. I was surprised that we weren't warned when we went in line at 6pm that they would shut down the ride for 20 minutes with people waiting (I expected them to close the line, get everyone out, turn on the overlay, then reopen the line).

FYI: there is no way to skip the candy and just watch the Halloween movies at the Philharmagic theater. We didn't want candy, but would have been required to wait for it and then walk past it to see the show. The castmembers were unable to estimate a wait time for the candy/supposedly there's no way to estimate any wait times for treat trails.

Having done Oogie Boogie Bash last year, and multiple parties this year, I might be burnt out. I was really surprised that Disney didn't offer anything special on Halloween. It felt like they were ready to move on to Christmas. We did get to see the Gingerbread house going up at the Grand Floridian, and had our choice of Christmas Merch, but as big Halloween fans... meh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter