• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

I was excited for Bride because my very favorite house probably of all the ones I've done was the classic Monsters house from 2019. That house was my hands down favorite. I never expected that to be my favorite, I was expecting House of 1000 Corpses because I'm a big Rob Zombie fan. Loved his Scare Zone but not the house all that much. So I was really expecting huge things from Bride. And I did love it.

Do you really think it will be apparent? We were there mid September, and I feel like WG wasn’t a big deal yet. We actually waited in the stay and scream line with a WG scareactor (who was on her first night off and excited to see the houses as an attendee). The early buzz was all about the IP houses, and WG was a short line back with the other tent houses.

Speaking only for myself, my interest in the “popular” houses is for strategic purposes only. I’m planning to see them all, but not getting express or stay-and-scream, so I’m hoping to formulate a touring plan to get us through.

I thought Bride was a great house last year because of the storytelling. I went on the second weekend, and Wicked Growth was not yet the breakout house. Some bloggers reviewed it very favorably on opening weekend, but it was also still kind of mid-list on a bunch of other rankings. We decided for ourselves we loved it (and went through it at least 4 times), but there weren’t lines for it like for Beetlejuice and Hill House.
You can look at the wait times in app for first weekend. What becomes the hot house definitely can change as the event goes on. But I would think opening weekend waits would give an ideal for second weekend.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the only perk that I would be getting for the upgrade from Preferred to Premier would be the free HHN ticket, which would actually cost more than just buying the ticket outright when we get there?
fyi - The free tix day for Premier was quite limited this year
I was expecting House of 1000 Corpses because I'm a big Rob Zombie fan. Loved his Scare Zone but not the house all that much
Scarezone was one of my favorite in recent events Did enjoy the house well enough. Of course, I loved the killer klowns one too. fact that they have such varied ones Every year, sure to find one to catch your interest.

This is the house that Universal Creative said they will be watching back door to see people fleeing screaming, that their goal is to see if people can finish the house, that when they were doing some walk throughs they jumped when a live moth got in. THIS is gonna be a house to try to forget or else have nightmares lol.
Yes! This is the one I'm most looking forward too...just so creepy!

Sorry, I should've been more clear. We are upgrading our park tickets. We had considered upgrading to the Frequent Fear passes, but the Saturday night would be the only other night we would probably be able to go and we had already talked about upgrading the park passes, so this seemed like a win/win.
As others have mentioned, if the reason for the upgrade is the HHN ticket, then it doesn’t make financial sense. But I think I saw you mention that this is your first trip down, so upgrading makes a lot of sense.

1) You get a free HHN ticket every year. So if you go toward the end of September this year, your pass will still be active next September, and you can go for free in early September before it expires.

2) After 4 express passes and early park admission are game changers. You can come anytime, stay anywhere you like, and still haveEPA and EP. Premier hotels are getting more expensive and are often selling out, making it expensive or impossible to get EPs on some visits. Some holiday and HHN weekends are selling out in all hotel levels, making it impossible to stay onsite anywhere. With Premier, you can drive down on a whim, stay at a cheap offsite hotel, and still have Early Park Admission everyday as well as after 4 Express Pass.

3) There are some other miscellaneous perks like free valet parking (not on nights of special events like HHN) and additional food/merch discounts that sweeten the pot, but aren’t really game changers.

Basically, I think you are in the sweet spot where Premier is an extra expense upfront that will save you money over the course of a year. You live close enough to drive (and thus have a car - so no rental fees), which makes staying offsite particularly attractive because you can save money on the hotel cost, avoid onsite hotel parking fees (no matter your level you always pay to park at UO hotels), and can choose less expensive offsite food options.

If I am attending the parks/ HHN with rush of fear for four nights in September, how early should I arrive at the onsite guest entrance on that first night (without stay and scream)?
we will not be using a park day/or scream early but will be onsite so my understanding is that there is a separate entrance for onsite guests.
This 1st night of arrival day (Thursday) we plan to skip stay and scream as we will have it Friday Sat and Sunday with our day tickets.

I haven't seen this question asked I don't believe. As the final days of HHN come to a close, let's say the final week including day before and actual Halloween night, do the houses become tired looking, or the scare actors become jaded and kind of lose interest in what they are doing? Or does everything stay ramped up right up to and through the final night? I will be going the night before and the night of Halloween, I was curious about this.

My experience has been scare actors are pumped up each night from opening day and thru the last hhn date of the event of the season

My experience has been scare actors are pumped up each night from opening day and thru the last hhn date of the event of the season
Plus with numerous scare actors playing in each house they rotate enough to be fresh through out the season. I think these folks do this because they enjoy it, not because it's a chore/job they dislike. It's one of those fun jobs that's highly sought after, right?

Is the entrance where people with HHN-only tickets waiting to get in separate from the entrance where day tickets/AP can enter the park? I have a 2 pm Confisco's reservation and if the Hogwarts Express wait is too long, we were just going to walk to Universal, enter the park, and enter the Stay and Scream area hopefully by 3:30-4:00ish. Would I run into any issues entering Universal Studios?

Hi ya @0FF TO NEVERLAND

Thought I'd add your question in the right thread.
If you plan on attending HHN, please post your information on the Guest List thread and I'd be happy to add you!
I never been to HHN and have the chance.. Someone I would go with is scared of jumps. Is this like a legit party around the park, with the houses being more " fun " than actually scaring people ( besides jump scares obv )

scares are done inside the houses and it’s area outside the houses and the scare zones

I am going to HHN on Thursday, September 29th. Is it worth getting the express pass? I don’t need to get to all the houses, but I’d like to get to at least half of them. This is my first time going. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Is the entrance where people with HHN-only tickets waiting to get in separate from the entrance where day tickets/AP can enter the park? I have a 2 pm Confisco's reservation and if the Hogwarts Express wait is too long, we were just going to walk to Universal, enter the park, and enter the Stay and Scream area hopefully by 3:30-4:00ish. Would I run into any issues entering Universal Studios?
You shouldn't have issues getting into Studios that early, unless you are going opening night. I think Hogwart's Express only gets busy going from Studios->Islands on HHN nights, but I could be wrong. I think it's people trying to leave Studios, since it closes early. I can't remember if the Stay n Scream areas open as early as 3:30, but I know they are open by 4pm.

Has anyone heard anything useful on the Dead Coconut Club? I've seen rumblings of it but nothing solid - would be much more convenient than trying to get over to CB for their HHN bar.

Has anyone heard anything useful on the Dead Coconut Club? I've seen rumblings of it but nothing solid - would be much more convenient than trying to get over to CB for their HHN bar.

Nothing more than wishful thinking really from folks.

It`s cutting it a little close, but I`m surprised there have been no strong hints about it out there.

HHN first-timer here; can anyone please tell me if the Coke Freestyle machines were available to get free water in the past. The price of bottled water ($5.50!) for the party is outrageous and would rather save my money for snacks and adult beverages. Thanks in advance!

HHN first-timer here; can anyone please tell me if the Coke Freestyle machines were available to get free water in the past. The price of bottled water ($5.50!) for the party is outrageous and would rather save my money for snacks and adult beverages. Thanks in advance!
You can get water from them always. Ice might be a challenge and runs out pretty quick. (but is still free)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter