Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

Hey, there are free snacks, trick or treating, and rides so it's a party to me lol. I'm going to fuel myself on free soda, popcorn, and ice cream. I will zoom by as a blaze of sugar. I will carry my park bag not for my fan, rain coat, and water as I do during the day but for all of my candy. I am going solo and am going to party so stinking hard (especially since my party doesn't end until 12:30, and no one in my family can ever last in the parks past 9 it seems, I'm going to have the best time!). I've been to a regular MNSSHP and they kept my favorite part (candy) so I'm thrilled :rotfl2:
How does Trick or Treating work and what kind of candy do they give out? I'm so excited for this!

I booked tickets yesterday and they confirmed my email, etc but I never received a confirmation email. I have the confirmation number though. I know I need the email to prove I have the tickets so that I can pick up the wristbands. So now I will have to look into getting that confirmation email. They also confirmed my address. Why is everything so hard with Disney to spend money? Two days and hours and hours of 3 of us on the phones and still not complete. I am going to wait until all of this dies down a bit since I have a few months to go!

you might not need the email. I was able to get tickets the first day, after a 2hr 45min hold, and the cm told me the tickets would be mailed. I got a shipping notification yesterday. I also linked the confirmation number to my MDE account and assigned the tickets to the correct people. It does show up as Boo Bash.

you might not need the email. I was able to get tickets the first day, after a 2hr 45min hold, and the cm told me the tickets would be mailed. I got a shipping notification yesterday. I also linked the confirmation number to my MDE account and assigned the tickets to the correct people. It does show up as Boo Bash.
Thank you - they did confirm my address - it is just they were so hard to get that I want to make sure. A previous person told me to link them to my account in MDE so I did. Once my credit card bill comes I will save that as well! Appreciate your reply.

How does Trick or Treating work and what kind of candy do they give out? I'm so excited for this!
Who knows what kind of candy they'll have this year, but in the past it's been a lot of M&M's and stuff like that (Reese's, snickers, stuff like that, the usual really). They usally have CMs stationed around the park with big inflatable things showing you where they are, and you get in line and go up and get a big handful in your bag they give you. I take a back pack to empty my little bag in to, I ended up with around 10 lbs of candy at the last MNSSHP I went to solo. That was a different tactic though, they had the two parades, and I decided to spend the first parade getting candy while all the families rushed to get spots to watch, this year will obviously be different since it's not the same kind of thing.

Who knows what kind of candy they'll have this year, but in the past it's been a lot of M&M's and stuff like that (Reese's, snickers, stuff like that, the usual really). They usally have CMs stationed around the park with big inflatable things showing you where they are, and you get in line and go up and get a big handful in your bag they give you. I take a back pack to empty my little bag in to, I ended up with around 10 lbs of candy at the last MNSSHP I went to solo. That was a different tactic though, they had the two parades, and I decided to spend the first parade getting candy while all the families rushed to get spots to watch, this year will obviously be different since it's not the same kind of thing.
10 lbs! OK so for the price of this ticket I want to try to get at least...15 lbs 😆

For MNSSHP, I took a tote bag for collecting candy. I took a jumbo size (2.5 gallon) ziploc-style bag and put that in my tote bag, to keep the candy dry on rides or in case of rain. The little gift bag they give out for collecting candy was not big enough for me. (My park bag still had my phone, wallet, etc. in it, so I wanted a separate bag for the candy.) Have fun!
I used the little bag to just collect the candy and then threw it in my back pack after a couple of candy stops, of if I wanted to get on a ride. This year I will probably take a bunch of zip lock bags too just in case of a little candy melt since I'm going in August. I keep my phone and wallet in the small outside pocket, but the big pocket is just reserved for candy.....and of course I'm trying to lose weight so most of that will go to my kids when I get home (after I pick out my favorites of course), but I plan on filling it up.

Did you just purchase?

The CM gave me the code over the phone. I tried it shortly after the call and it didn’t work. The next morning it worked.

Maybe just needs more time?

I purchased yesterday morning and waited an hour before trying to link when it didn’t work I tried again last night with no luck and have tried twice today. I don’t want to call and have to wait for hours to ask for help so I figure I’ll wait a few days and then call but I was told I would receive plastic cards in mail and I have their confirmation email.

I will say, if flying, be prepared for your candy to be searched. My wife was stuck with a lot of the candy and it took them forever to search it all. The lady checking said she was tired of all this Halloween candy lol.
Oh gee we are flying! Do they let you take it on in a carry on bag?

I purchased yesterday morning and waited an hour before trying to link when it didn’t work I tried again last night with no luck and have tried twice today. I don’t want to call and have to wait for hours to ask for help so I figure I’ll wait a few days and then call but I was told I would receive plastic cards in mail and I have their confirmation email.
Yeah our CM said similar, they should arrive in the mail 7-10 days. She also commented that’s longer than they used to take due to everything changing this year.

I will say, if flying, be prepared for your candy to be searched. My wife was stuck with a lot of the candy and it took them forever to search it all. The lady checking said she was tired of all this Halloween candy lol.
They didn't really check mine, the guys were just like "do you have candy in any of your bags?" and I was like "yeah, this back pack" they just unzipped it and went "you did really good for yourself!" and waved me through. Of course it was one of those times when they had the dog out sniffing people so we didn't have to take off shoes either, I guess they figured I wasn't hiding anything. Thankfully this time I'm driving, I guess I can get even more candy if I want.

I used an AP as well and the lovely CM said I had to go to will call to activate my tickets. I'm staying at the YC, do you think I could do it at IG? My 14 and 17 yo loves candy. So excited!

I made 2 purchases. The first was using my AP discount. I received a notification from UPS that the tickets were already mailed and will be delivered tomorrow. My other purchase was for 10/31, no discount and that receipt shows as “will call”. No idea why the shipping option would be different, but that’s what I got.

The CM
I’m an old goth, every day is Halloween to me. :rotfl2: I did Villains After Hours back in August 2019 and it was basically Halloween atmosphere without trick or treating. I’m guessing this will feel very similar and will be a blast.
Yay! I am so excited! Now to figure out what to wear and if we are going to use a park ticket and go earlier and where to have dinner before, etc! Can't wait!!

Is the trick or treating for little kids only? I have teens who love stuff like that, but it's ok if it's just for littles.

The CM

Yay! I am so excited! Now to figure out what to wear and if we are going to use a park ticket and go earlier and where to have dinner before, etc! Can't wait!!

Is the trick or treating for little kids only? I have teens who love stuff like that, but it's ok if it's just for littles.
anyone can trick or treat! (seriously, I'm in my 30's and always go to these solo since my kids for some odd reason don't like halloween, and they've never stopped me)

Anyone else just skip the tickets in the mail and add the tickets using MDE? Ours for Aug 10th will be at Will Call, but not seeing a reason to get them unless anyone thinks there could be an issue with the Magic Bands. In that case, I can swing by Will Call when we are there and pick them up just as a backup.

Anyone else just skip the tickets in the mail and add the tickets using MDE? Ours for Aug 10th will be at Will Call, but not seeing a reason to get them unless anyone thinks there could be an issue with the Magic Bands. In that case, I can swing by Will Call when we are there and pick them up just as a backup.

I ordered yesterday using an AP discount. I was not offered a mail option. I was given a confirmation number which I linked to MDE & assigned to each of us. Everything looks OK & good to go. However, my confirmation email says “will call” & I was told that I need to go to will call to show my AP card & ID to validate the discount & “activate” the tickets. After I linked & assigned them, MDE showed everything as good to use. So i’ll look for early reports on if I really need to go to Will Call. But I’m betting I won’t have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter