Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Question is, to what degree will it lessen the stay & scream benefit for APH or day ticket holders.
This means if I want to sit on the steps that face the entrance to the park in the Finnegans holding section, I will have to claim my place before 4:30......
There are not many places to sit outside in the Finnegans area.
There are some steps on the same side of Finnegans down half way to the corner.
Those steps/stairs, fill up quickly and you have the sun in your eyes for a portion of that time.

Hitting the two main houses ST and GB first, makes me know to be in the Finnegans holding area.
Repeat HHN fans know the drill

We can only guess for now.
Once hhn begins, the posts will start of what works best for S & S

Wouldn’t it be lovely if each S&S area had a dedicated section for APH holders? :wizard:

Hush my mouth, next thing they’ll be charging for preferred S&S sites. Along the line of $25 with a bottle of water thrown in lol

Thanks so much! I think i will get park tickets so we can be in before the event, even if we go at like 3 or 4 just to get a little jump start. You are all honestly the best. I always come here for advice and you are all so very helpful. :worship:
Make sure to check out the “extras section” to purchase this - not sure of your dates - but for $25 you can purchase the early stay and scream for one day which gets you in at 3:00 I believe, sorry I don’t want to tell you the wrong thing but I just read about it on page 35 or 36 of this thread ...

If you do Stay and Scream, which houses you are released to first is determined why what holding area you are in. Last year, Finnegans area got 1st access to Stranger Things and Poltergeist. The Simpsons holding area got access to the back of the park houses.

For anyone not doing Stay and Scream, if you are in the very front of the pack I would suggest going to Ghostbusters or Stranger Things immediately, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. If you are in the back of the pack, (and especially if you have more than one night), try starting in the very back of the park first. We did S&S with EP and had Poltergeist and ST knocked out just as the regular crowds were being unleashed from the front gate. We decided to head to the very back of the park, (Slaughter Sinema/Blumhouse/AoV area), and it was an absolute ghost town from probably 7-8:30 ish. No lines for Pizza Fries or Twisted Taters. We were I think the only people back in that area going through Slaughter Sinema at that time. Whole area was dead all the way back to Seeds and Trick r Treat until well after dark. This was on a Wednesday in October. I can't guarantee weekend or holiday results would be the same, but its worth a shot to save time.

This is great information! We did the same thing in Sept last year.

I think it worked very well on Sept weekends too.

Hey it’s me, middle aged Mom and harbinger of doom and gloom here, one more time, reminding people that the amount of walking required for this event, if you are trying to do it all in one night, is NOT A JOKE. It’s the true horror of HHN. Time to start training, people. Be good to your tootsies, and drink lots of water to stay hydrated!

Hey it’s me, middle aged Mom and harbinger of doom and gloom here, one more time, reminding people that the amount of walking required for this event, if you are trying to do it all in one night, is NOT A JOKE. It’s the true horror of HHN. Time to start training, people. Be good to your tootsies, and drink lots of water to stay hydrated!

It’s so true though.......I like that, the true horror of HHN.....lol......

We heard so many folks complain about the amount of walking they had to do and add that in with standing for long periods if you don’t have EP.....it adds up!! And the heat just takes it up a notch!

Good advice crostorfer........and well worth repeating :thumbsup2

It's a reason why we're doin the parks earlier that day. We'll be at Disney the day before from 6am-6pm, so we're gonna use that time to rest and regain our energy

We are getting a significant refund from a hotel change, (I’m hopeless) and since I’m paid in full they gave me the option of a Universal gift card. I really like that idea, but I wanted to ask if the HHN tents and pop up bars take the GC like the other places do at Universal. Thank you for your input!!!
Great question! I would love to know the answer as well as we have some leftover GCs from a survey thing we did last year.
Anyone know if we can use UGCs at the food / bar tents?

Question is, to what degree will it lessen the stay & scream benefit for APH or day ticket holders.
Wouldn’t it be lovely if each S&S area had a dedicated section for APH holders?
Was thinking this too! Hope there are more areas for APH. ALthough didn't renew DD top AP, may upgrade her regular ticket to seasonal so she can have some AP benefits
I just got back from a whirlwind 4 day Disney trip-where we were in parks 8-12 hours. Legs are tired and sore, but I am thinking I should just make myself keep to treadmill for the next 30 days so I can do HHN easier this year...DD is in shape from Marching band.

Every year I would buy the ep pass with the FF

So I had the ep if I needed it or not

This is the first year ever I did not buy the ep
Booked 4 hhn tours instead and of course the day tour of the 6 houses

The Wednesday nights I go will wander around and do houses with regular lines

It’s my 20th year in a row this year for hhn

Holy moses - My wife just surprised me with tickets for HHN on 9/8!!!! She also got Express Pass. I don't know what to do, where to go. We're AP holders so I assume we can be in the park before the party starts, right?

Yup - We're passholders and this is our 1st HHN!
You have the best wife.....thank your lucky stars for her

Does drinking lots of Vodka count as staying hydrated? haha

Thank you!

I see that Express gets you one time at each Haunted House. How about the rides? Is it only 1 time for each ride? If so, does having our room key from Royal Pacific do anything at the event?

The rides are separate from the HHN EP. You will use your room key for EP on the rides during HHN.

The hotel room key allows you unlimited usage for all the rides and shows during regular park hours

Show your room key to the Tm at the ep lines

For hhn, hotel cards don’t work for express

The express passes for hhn can be bought in advance online or at the park gate

These ep passes are date related and valid only once that night per house or ride

They do sell out

Usually only 6? rides will be operating in the park during hhn

Do the Rush of Fear with EP sell-out?
I would have to google that to find out
Im sure those that go the first 3 weeks can answer you
I start my hhn trip end of September which is last day ROF is valid

I go with the FF w/ express due to my dates I attend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter