Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Will be interesting trying to fit everything in on one night, and it being on opening night to boot. We are buying express passes. It sucks that of 3 of us going, 2 of us are AP holders, and the other isn't, so we can't take advantage of some of the AP things like the special holding area, or being in the park already, etc.

I‘ve read a few posts about the amount of walking. I was was wondering if anyone who has done HHN in both CA and FL could compare the amount of walking between the two? We’ve only done the one in CA.
Apples to oranges when we went. The park is laid out so compactly, very little walking @ HHN other than the backlot where you do walk to the bates house/past the plane wreck area. Crowds were light early on, but we did have an EP. wound up leaving around 11 pm when it really started to get crowded with mostly tweens/teens.

HHN-O has always been busy dates i’ve Visited (1st and 2nd week of October & a few last Saturdays in September. The lines for the popular houses build to long waits within a half hour of opening.

stay & scream is the way to go. Especially, if you focus on the tent houses...easy to knock out 2 before crowds segue on back there but it really depends on how quickly the staff can clear the park of the day guests.

This is pic of Friday night pre Columbus Day. Taken from balcony of VIP lounge where you used to gather for private RIP tours. No time stamp, but since I have a drink in my hand lol, going to assume it was slightly after 6 pm. the crowd does builds rapidly, by the time we left it was crazy backed up...a sea of people.

63046FD4-631D-4971-9AF4-CF0E4834C42B.jpeg

Keishashadow has done both CA and Orlando hhn events

UO has the event all on one ground level

They had the lower level, down the series of escalators when we were there, believe there were 4 houses. We did that area first, then the tram area, then the show.

Last edited:
How long does it usually take to go through all of the houses with express pass? This will be my first time going to HHN and I am very excited. Still trying to figure out the ticket situation. We are staying at the Hard Rock (Sept 15-19) and I will be going with my wife on the 15th and my mother on the 18th(somebody has to watch the 6 year, old lol) So I am thinking a multipass ticket for me and a single night ticket for my wife and mom. Still looking over the express pass options, public rip tour, and the scare actor dining experience. Any advice would be helpful, lol.

Also, I know that the hotel express pass will not work on the houses but I am guessing that it will not work on the rides that are open also? The express pass that you buy for HHN is only one time use for each house, is it also only one time use for the rides that are open?

For you: check the price of Rush of Fear, Rush of Fear with Express, two single night tickets, and two single night tickets + express
For wife: check single night ticket and single night + express
For mom: same as wife

If it was me, I would get the RoF w/ Express unless it is more expensive than getting single nights with express. Then get single night tickets with express for mom and wife. You might still choose to go without express passes, but I strongly recommend you at least consider them.

Correct, the HHN express pass allows you to use the express line for each ride once per night. So if you have express both nights, you will be able to use it both nights - once per ride. Mom and wife could use their express pass once per night too.

Hey all, my family and I just had our first visit to U/IoA this summer and LOVED it. My husband and I are returning with friends in late September and are considering HHN instead of a second park day to save some money. We are not huge horror fans, I've never even been inside a haunted house! But I'm open minded and would give it a try, plus we are big fans of Stranger Things and of course Ghostbusters. Can anyone tell me which attractions/rides are open during HHN?

Usually Escape from Gringotts, The Mummy, Rip Ride Rocket, Despicable Me, Simpsons (I believe it was not open last year), and Men in Black. There used to be two shows each night, but last year there was only one show (Academy of Villains). Show(s) have not been announced yet for this year, nor has the official list of rides been announced.

Here's the announcement video. I would have posted it earlier but was actually busy today!

Same, but i’ve Been dancing in delight all day after hearing :)

For me the scarezone was all about the talent’s interactions with the guests in a pacing far different than most scarezones. Will be interesting to see how it is translated into a house. The description sounds promising!

Go beyond the mayhem and madness of last year’s wildly popular scare zone and step right up for an entire haunted house experience based on the cult classic film, “Killer Klowns from Outer Space.” This new experience will feature a gaggle of new characters including the baby Klowns, Boco, and Klownzilla, as well as new scenery like the Klowns’ circus-tent spaceship, and the cotton candy cocoon storage room where they keep their victims.
Throughout the house your sense of fear will be triggered by your sense of smell as you encounter strong whiffs of familiar fairground fare like sweet cotton candy, stale buttery popcorn and ice cream. Don’t be fooled though, these otherwise pleasant aromas are a sign of the murderous gang of klowns that awaits you as you move from scene to scene.
Try to evade them or you’re likely to end up captured in one of their cotton candy cocoons and doomed to a terrible fate. There will be no escaping the big teeth of the Big Top.
The Klowns made their Horror Nights debut last year with the fan-favorite scare zone themed to the same film, but you just can’t keep this side-splitting group away from their adoring fans.

Last edited:
So after much deliberation I've decided to actually go to HHN, it wasnt something that I was mad keen to do but the more I thought about it "When in Rome" and all that, plus the Ghostbusters house being announced which really took my fancy, I've decided to take the plunge.

I've bought a regular 1 night ticket, well its actually 1 + 1 night free, I do have a Premier AP, from the bits and bobs I've been reading up on HHN, does that mean I can stay in the Stay and Scream area once USO closes?

if so, I'd head to the Ghostbusters house first, then the Classic Monster house after that, I'm not yet a Stranger Things convert, but who knows that may change in the next 2 months!

Also would like to know if Diagon Alley is open once the park reopens for HHN, I know that it plays no part in HHN which I think is a good call on J.K. Rowlings (She who must be obeyed) part.

So after much deliberation I've decided to actually go to HHN, it wasnt something that I was mad keen to do but the more I thought about it "When in Rome" and all that, plus the Ghostbusters house being announced which really took my fancy, I've decided to take the plunge.

I've bought a regular 1 night ticket, well its actually 1 + 1 night free, I do have a Premier AP, from the bits and bobs I've been reading up on HHN, does that mean I can stay in the Stay and Scream area once USO closes?

if so, I'd head to the Ghostbusters house first, then the Classic Monster house after that, I'm not yet a Stranger Things convert, but who knows that may change in the next 2 months!

Also would like to know if Diagon Alley is open once the park reopens for HHN, I know that it plays no part in HHN which I think is a good call on J.K. Rowlings (She who must be obeyed) part.

Yes you may stay in but only in one of the holding pens. suggest picking the one nearest the houses most important to you the first night. The 2nd, head to another. Make sure to do the tent area one near simpsons on one of the nights as you can get a lot done quickly

& Yes DA will be open

Careful, the scareactors can smell fear. JK, enjoy your first go-round.

Yes that does worry me, I will try to look as fearless as I can, and probably fail totally!

I am an easy scare but love every minute of it. Not sure how they do it but the veteran scareactors are good at profiling & the really good ones can read your body language

Nothing better than seeing a large dude screaming like a girl & trying to escape the attention hahahaha

It’s all good fun :)

I am an easy scare but love every minute of it. Not sure how they do it but the veteran scareactors are good at profiling & the really good ones can read your body language

Nothing better than seeing a large dude screaming like a girl & trying to escape the attention hahahaha

It’s all good fun :)

Me too.....love every second of being scared!!

Yes, they do have a sixth sense of who to make a beeline for....like you Tom says I might as well have an arrow on my back saying Get me... lol.....

Do you think it'd be worth purchasing a 1 day 1 park ticket just so we can do Stay and Scream? As mentioned in previous post, going with 2 others, myself and 1 other are AP holders, so we'd be good there, but the other isn't. We're going on opening night and buying express passes.

How long does it usually take to go through all of the houses with express pass? This will be my first time going to HHN and I am very excited. Still trying to figure out the ticket situation. We are staying at the Hard Rock (Sept 15-19) and I will be going with my wife on the 15th and my mother on the 18th(somebody has to watch the 6 year, old lol) So I am thinking a multipass ticket for me and a single night ticket for my wife and mom. Still looking over the express pass options, public rip tour, and the scare actor dining experience. Any advice would be helpful, lol.

Also, I know that the hotel express pass will not work on the houses but I am guessing that it will not work on the rides that are open also? The express pass that you buy for HHN is only one time use for each house, is it also only one time use for the rides that are open?

We always get express pass and we usually do 2 nights of HHN we can get through ALL the houses in one night then we go through them the next night. Express pass is a must for HHN if you want to get through most if not all the houses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter