"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Darn it! On the Itinerary thread I have "sold out" on some items in bold but not the date when they were reported.
I wonder what was gone in September.
My friend wanted the Halloween Resort mug but when she arrived on Oct 31st they were not available along with other exclusive items at Magic Kingdom. I was able to buy the Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary ornament, it was the only thing on my list. :-)
If anyone is interested, it looks like several Halloween ornaments, along with items from the Epcot wine and food festival, are ar the Disney Character outlets. On YouTube, there are several persons that do weekly trips to both of them, showing what’s available, and two that I know of that offer either items or shopping (for a fee).

We weren’t able to get a resort mug when we arrived October 23 or our entire trip. There were quite a few things we weren’t able to buy. It’s fine I guess but to be completely honest I don’t see us going back for fall anytime soon.
That’s my problem with The 2019 MNSSHP tickets offered to me by Disney. Out AP’s expire June 22, so we will go the day after school is out for the summer (for a couple of weeks). I’m not sure that we will be taking an additional trip to WDW for another Halloween party, particularly without an AP (which I wasn’t planning on renewing).

If anyone is interested, it looks like several Halloween ornaments, along with items from the Epcot wine and food festival, are ar the Disney Character outlets. On YouTube, there are several persons that do weekly trips to both of them, showing what’s available, and two that I know of that offer either items or shopping (for a fee).
Where were the food and wine stuff over the weekend all they had were mugs and a coaster/bottle opener and all they had from Halloween were reusable bags

Where were the food and wine stuff over the weekend all they had were mugs and a coaster/bottle opener and all they had from Halloween were reusable bags

I'm sure the Halloween items sold out just as quickly as it did in the parks. Items go very fast at the outlets.

That’s my problem with The 2019 MNSSHP tickets offered to me by Disney. Out AP’s expire June 22, so we will go the day after school is out for the summer (for a couple of weeks). I’m not sure that we will be taking an additional trip to WDW for another Halloween party, particularly without an AP (which I wasn’t planning on renewing).
You could sell them on eBay :scared:

I told the Disney representative that I won’t buy Disney merchandise on eBay in order not to encourage them to buy more merchandise. I don’t think that strategy is working very well, considering the prices that they are asking for oogie boogie popcorn buckets (although I got my free one from Disney yesterday). If I did go to WDW for MNSSHP next year, I could get up to 3 additional tickets, besides myself, for free (that were offered by the Disney customer representative). If I sold those tickets, I think that I’d be as welcome at WDW as the guy that raised the “Trump for 2020” sign on Splash Mountain.
If I do go, I’ll try a late August, early September time and take orders here for merchandise, which the only markup would be shipping charges (not the $10 shipping and handling charges on eBay). Hopefully, these emails will get to the right persons and Disney will announce a way for ticket holders to MNNSHP to at least reserve merchandise to pick up on their party day. I will be following up my email next July, asking if Disney made any changes to reduce the chances of selling out popular Halloween items.

The problem with the outlets is that merchandise is changed daily and there is no guarantee that the item will stay in stock for awhile, particularly with eBay sellers showing up at opening to buy out popular items. I showed up at the Vineland store at 9:30, with no line. Over the next 30 minutes, several persons showed up, circling the windows and taking pictures. When they opened the doors at 10, there were probably at least 50 people that rushed in, grabbing pins and whatever else they thought would sell. I hit both stores on my first day in Orlando, first thing in the morning, and schedule FP’s for late afternoon or evening.

Last edited:

Planning for next year?

I know it's probably too early for some people but there's only 346 days until next Halloween (!) so I'm wondering about my next MNSSHP. Galaxy's Edge is set to open in Fall of 2019. How will that impact the Halloween parties? Any thoughts?

We switch to Disneyland on some years, but I'm not sure if DL would be any better. :confused3
We just booked this morning for the 1st week of October so I'm looking forward to the 2019 official party thread!

We just booked this morning for the 1st week of October so I'm looking forward to the 2019 official party thread!

We’ve been booked for September since last June (!!!) and I’m looking forward to my first party. I’m already planning on getting a cake for my dad’s birthday and when I called the cake hotline, the CM thought I was nuts. :rotfl2: It’s never too early to plan for Disney in my book.

monique5,
Thank you for this wonderful thread! It really feels like 'home' to me and helps me get through so many dreary days. Congrats on the big Top Ten Win!

So ummm, when are you going to start the new thread in Feb again? Just curious to know when I should start obsessively checking for it... ::blush::

monique5,
Thank you for this wonderful thread! It really feels like 'home' to me and helps me get through so many dreary days. Congrats on the big Top Ten Win!

So ummm, when are you going to start the new thread in Feb again? Just curious to know when I should start obsessively checking for it... ::blush::

That's my plan/goal. Trying to get done with some Disney planning of my on 1st. :-)

We just had my little man so we’re tapped out to at least he turns 5.

If your on the fence about doing it, do it. Best money spent on a fantastic event!

I have now decided to go this September and looking forward to any new surprises. I hope they keep Jack and Sally at the same location and we are allowed to get in line early and then they will hand out our party bands to us while in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!