"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

ok now I'm nervous. I was planning on attending the 9/11 party as we leave on the 12th, but have a late flight so we could sleep in that morning. Everyone speaking about weather is making me nervous that I should do the party earlier in our trip in case we have to try again. Should I stick with my plan? Eek, planning is so nerve-wracking! :scared1:

This is what I'm waiting for too! I'm curious if it will be dessert party only, like last year, or if they will go back to combo dessert party/reserved parade viewing like previous years. I missed having the reserved parade spot last year.

Agreed! DH loved the dessert party at MVMCP in 2016 with the parade viewing. I can't convince him now to do the dessert party now just for fireworks viewing since he doesn't see the value as neither of us are big dessert people. He'd rather spend the money on a good TS restaurant.

ok now I'm nervous. I was planning on attending the 9/11 party as we leave on the 12th, but have a late flight so we could sleep in that morning. Everyone speaking about weather is making me nervous that I should do the party earlier in our trip in case we have to try again. Should I stick with my plan? Eek, planning is so nerve-wracking! :scared1:
If it were me and I had the option to do a party earlier in my vacation that would be my choice. September is still rainy season in Orlando and from my experience (we got almost every September) it rains 80% of the days, at least for a bit. I can vividly picture lines of people at Guest Services in their rain ponchos trying to change their party tickets. I would try for an earlier date if it's an option as I've done MK on a rainy night and it wasn't fun for long.

I would.

Question...now that you can get tickets online....I called when they opened the phones up to purchase and a CM informed me that I could order tickets at AP price for some of my guest who are not AP holders. I think it would cover my whole party actually myself, hubby, MIL and 1 child. Has anyone else done this or heard this?
I got the AP price for myself and DH when I purchased them online this morning.

We just got our tickets by UPS for the 10/25 party. So excited! This will be our first party ever, just myself + gf. Now I'm worried about the rain talk. In theory we still have at least one more night we could attend if we were washed out, but is October still a crapshoot as weather goes? I've never actually been to the World in the fall before (all my childhood trips were late summer as NYC schools go back fairly late compared to most of the country).

Just bought our tickets for August 28th! AP rate for 2 adults! $2.12 more that we paid for the 1st party last year! Probably no costumes for us! It's just way to hot! But very much looking forward to attending again! Glad they have added August dates! Now if we could only have a Xmas party offered in the summer too! LOL!!!

SO torn!! Buy tickets NOW for 10/9 or wait until we closer to gauge the weather and go on the 11th instead if the weather is icky!?! o_O

Question...now that you can get tickets online....I called when they opened the phones up to purchase and a CM informed me that I could order tickets at AP price for some of my guest who are not AP holders. I think it would cover my whole party actually myself, hubby, MIL and 1 child. Has anyone else done this or heard this?
You can get up to 6 tickets with the AP

OK, this is today's really silly question but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Does a Water Park Annual Pass qualify a person for the AP discount? I'm sure it doesn't but I'd also kick myself later if I found out that it did and I hadn't asked.

Thanks!

I just ordered some Disney gift cards using my Target red card. We are just buying tickets for 10/25 for now because we aren't for sure if we want to do 10/23 on arrival day.

I got the AP price for myself and DH when I purchased them online this morning.

But are both of you AP holders, or just one of you? That is why i was wondering to confirm...I see someone else said I can get upto 6 but I don't need that many.

Big Thunder was down for a loooong refurb in 2016, so I am hoping that is not the case and it is, like you said, an accidental omission!
So it's confirmed that BTMRR will be closed during the party? That's a bummer...it's one of our favorite rides!
I wondered about BTMRR last week when I saw they updated the rides open on the MNSSHP page. I was hoping it was like last year when they "forgot" to list SDMT.
I would be so sad if BTMRR is not open as its my favorite ride! I am thinking of NOT doing a MK day and only doing the party, but I will have to rethink that if BTMRR is not going to be open.
It is on the refurb list? It is absolutely normally open during parties and they just did a refurb in 2016 (I think?) so hoping it’s an accidental omission like SDMT last year.

This is the response I received after sending an e-mail inquiring about NO BTMRR at MNSSHP:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Thank you for your email to the Walt Disney World® Resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry for the disappointments you mentioned in your email. It is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our Guests during each and every interaction that you have with us. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with our leadership team, along with the appropriate management, as feedback such as yours is taken very seriously.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. We sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to entertain you soon.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Justine Worthington
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

But are both of you AP holders, or just one of you? That is why i was wondering to confirm...I see someone else said I can get upto 6 but I don't need that many.
I am the only AP holder in my family and have always been able to purchase at the discounted rate for DH and my 2 kids as well.

OK, this is today's really silly question but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Does a Water Park Annual Pass qualify a person for the AP discount? I'm sure it doesn't but I'd also kick myself later if I found out that it did and I hadn't asked.

Thanks!
When you log in to MDX do you get the option to select AP pricing on the party ticket page?

I think I went the same year as you did. I had gone to Disneyland Party and then Disney World a couple weeks later and couldn't believe the selection difference. At Disneyland we got M&Ms, Snickers, and all the good stuff. At Disney World we got a bunch of Wal Mart cheap candy. I am hoping the same thing as you.
The last 2 years we’ve gotten Skittles, Dove, M&Ms, Starburst, Reese’s...all good stuff IMO!

If it were me and I had the option to do a party earlier in my vacation that would be my choice. September is still rainy season in Orlando and from my experience (we got almost every September) it rains 80% of the days, at least for a bit. I can vividly picture lines of people at Guest Services in their rain ponchos trying to change their party tickets. I would try for an earlier date if it's an option as I've done MK on a rainy night and it wasn't fun for long.
I have some thinking to do then. I've never been in September so I'm not sure what to expect as far as weather, other than what I read here on the boards. I will probably change to the Sunday party just in case. Thanks for the response!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter