"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What time and where did you buy Oogie Boogie and how long did you wait?
we tag team
What time and where did you buy Oogie Boogie and how long did you wait?

We tag teamed and got it a dumbo cart. Runner lined up there at 650. They were back to the group of us meeting queen and tweedeles before we finished m&g. We were the 1st family in line for m&g and cart started right at 7. 2nd party in line at m&g got theirs at the castle. They started at 10 till and they were back in line before m&g started. Buckets are prefilled so line goes really fast

Oogie Boogie was sold out by the time we arrived last year, so no experience with him :(

But yes, the flavored popcorn is included at Epcot, at least at the stand before the fountain in FW.

That's right you mentioned him being sold out prior to Disney Parks Blog 2017 "Update", I remember that. Other DISers had reported the same as well.

So frustrated....we bought 11 of the mystery villains pin boxes at the party. Big bad wolf was in every box and the 2nd pin in each box was either shan-yu or the old hag. Doing food and wine tomorrow so maybe i can find someone who wants to trade.......PM me if anyone wants to meet up but we leave tomorrow afternoon. HS tonight....

Where did you buy your pins and at what time? Thank you

Still trying to find the tire pumpkin straw at wDW, anyone know where it is or when it’s being released? We’ve asked tons of cast members at Epcot and AK and no one has any idea what we are talking about.

Still trying to find the tire pumpkin straw at wDW, anyone know where it is or when it’s being released? We’ve asked tons of cast members at Epcot and AK and no one has any idea what we are talking about.

Pumpkin Straw will be at various quick-service locations throughout Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.

I have not seen anyone post they purchased this.

Need advice. We have reservations for MNSSHP dessert party on 9/9. It has a 70% chance of rain that night. Should I cancel dessert party and just enjoy rest of party even with rain? My DD really wanted to go to dessert party during MNSSHP. I don't want to spend money if they cancel fireworks for that night. For info purposes we are going to 3 parties the week we are there.
Fireworks are rarely cancelled. Delayed in severe weather but will go off in a light rain.

So frustrated....we bought 11 of the mystery villains pin boxes at the party. Big bad wolf was in every box and the 2nd pin in each box was either shan-yu or the old hag. Doing food and wine tomorrow so maybe i can find someone who wants to trade.......PM me if anyone wants to meet up but we leave tomorrow afternoon. HS tonight....
they often do a horrible job of mixing those up, and they aren't sold at alot of places. I gave up on buying those sets unless I can pick up a box here, there and everywhere. It is sad. On the flipside I know someone that got multiple boxes that only had chasers and they cleaned up selling the 5 of each that they had......

that tire pumpkin is sold in Cars land (hence the tire motif) at Disney's California Adventure

Need advice. We have reservations for MNSSHP dessert party on 9/9. It has a 70% chance of rain that night. Should I cancel dessert party and just enjoy rest of party even with rain? My DD really wanted to go to dessert party during MNSSHP. I don't want to spend money if they cancel fireworks for that night. For info purposes we are going to 3 parties the week we are there.

I wouldn't cancel it. That forecast isn't accurate this far out and will change on a daily basis. We did the dessert party on 8/24 and, when we were first seated, they were set up for rain (all of the tables were under the roof). By the time the first parade ended, it was clear skies and a beautiful night for fireworks. I think the chances the fireworks will be cancelled are very slim. The dessert party was AWESOME!

Hoping that someone that participated in one of the parties can help here.... My DD would like to try the Candy Corn Ice Cream and/or the Candy Corn Milk Shake as she loves the candy corn flavor. She (and I) have read a few blogs where they stated that the ice cream (and shake) are just food colored vanilla ice cream with no candy corn flavor, yet Disney's website states candy corn flavored.

I'm asking if anyone has tried either and is it just glorified orange colored vanilla or is there a distinct candy corn flavor. She doesn't want it if the flavoring isn't there.
Thanks!!!

It is definitely glorified orange colored vanilla ice cream. We were disappointed. Both the ice cream cone and cup had actual pieces of candy corn underneath the ice cream, but that's the only candy corn thing about it.

It did taste like candy corn to me. We did the shake. Grab a regular straw as well and be prepared to share as its a serious dose of sugar

All the talk about "candy corn flavor" made me look to see what it really is considered to be by at least one of the candy corn manufacturers as I couldn't completely say it wasn't vanilla like and that some of the "taste" for me seems almost more based on the texture or sugar.

Here's what Jelly Belly (formerly known as Goelitz who's been making candy corn for over 100 years apparently) says:

"Candy Corn is a wonderful blend of creamy fondant, rich marshmallow and warm vanilla notes."

To me, marshmallow will have a vanilla tone, fondant can have a vanilla tone. So, Candy corn tastes a lot like vanilla! :earboy2:

All the talk about "candy corn flavor" made me look to see what it really is considered to be by at least one of the candy corn manufacturers as I couldn't completely say it wasn't vanilla like and that some of the "taste" for me seems almost more based on the texture or sugar.

Here's what Jelly Belly (formerly known as Goelitz who's been making candy corn for over 100 years apparently) says:

"Candy Corn is a wonderful blend of creamy fondant, rich marshmallow and warm vanilla notes."

To me, marshmallow will have a vanilla tone, fondant can have a vanilla tone. So, Candy corn tastes a lot like vanilla! :earboy2:
That’s interesting!

Questions!
We will be staying at All star movies the night of our party. Will it be easier to take the bus that night to and from MK or drive ourselves?
Do the buses go straight to MK or the TTC? Long lines for buses after the party?
Also, we have to buy our tickets there (military) so can we do that at MK or do we have to do it at TTC?

Sorry so many questions! Thank you in advance!

Questions!
We will be staying at All star movies the night of our party. Will it be easier to take the bus that night to and from MK or drive ourselves?
Do the buses go straight to MK or the TTC? Long lines for buses after the party?
Also, we have to buy our tickets there (military) so can we do that at MK or do we have to do it at TTC?

Sorry so many questions! Thank you in advance!

Take the bus, it will take you directly to the front instead of dealing with the tram/ferry or monorail.

FWIW, we did the Plaza Viewing Dessert Party last year on a MNSSHP night with some serious rain for a good chunk of the evening. The parade was delayed, fireworks were delayed, etc. The rain doesn’t normally bother us (anyway)...we just poncho up and truck on... but it was a hard soaker for awhile. I was very happy to have the dessert party that night because it gave us a nice spot to dry off/get out of the rain. We hung out there until they made the announcement of when fireworks would be going off. Obviously not an ideal evening, but I was a happy and dry camper. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter