"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

What time and where did you buy Oogie Boogie and how long did you wait?
I bought Oogie Boogie on the 24th late in the evening, about 10:45pm at a pupcorn kiosk near Liberty Square. There were maybe 15 people in line. It was the shortest line I could find all evening for that bucket. I waited, maybe five minutes. Not bad. On the 28th, lines were much shorter for the bucket.

I bought Oogie Boogie on the 24th late in the evening, about 10:45pm at a pupcorn kiosk near Liberty Square. There were maybe 15 people in line. It was the shortest line I could find all evening for that bucket. I waited, maybe five minutes. Not bad. On the 28th, lines were much shorter for the bucket.
Huh interesting. I hope they really did portion it out for each party.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Here is all the stuff I got at the party. Most if it was purchased at the end of the party with little View attachment 347583 waiting. They let me buy the Alex and Ani at circus on a regular Park day, by showing proof I had attended on the 24th.
It looks like we have similar purchasing goals! I was afraid things would sell out - but since you went at the end of the night, I assume that wasn't an issue?

Love the AP bag!

I thought this might be helpful for some people who are still planning their visits. This is a description of the 2018 MNSSHP parade that I put together after watching several videos taken this year. The parade minus the Headless Horseman is only 12 minutes long. My first ever Halloween party is on 9/9, and I wanted to know if I would be fine with missing any part of the parade so that I could use the extra time for something else. Turns out I'm only interested in 1-12, so I'm glad I checked in advance. Also glad I won't have to hear Clara Cluck in person!

2018 Parade

1. Headless Horseman (rides through parade route 10-15 minutes before parade starts, if the streets are dry)

2. Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade wheeled leader w/ two females, one on each side

3. dancing/walking: Tigger, Pooh, Goofy, Pluto, Snow White, Dopey, Alice, Mad Hatter, Aladdin, Jasmine, Rapunzel w/ Pascal, Flynn Rider

4. float: gazebo w/ Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy

5. dancing/walking: Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Wendy, two Lost Boys, two pirates

6. float: Tinker Bell on top of treasure chest and pile of gold

7. dancing/walking: ten flag-spinning pirates/buccaneers

8. float: pirate ship w/ Captain Barbossa and Jack Sparrow

9. dancing/walking: twelve gravediggers with shovels that they spark along the ground

10. float: gravestones

11. dancing/walking: sixteen ghost ballroom dancers

12. float: Haunted Mansion w/ hitchhiking ghosts (Gus, Ezra, and Phineas)

13. dancing/walking: twelve square-dancers

14. float: Clarabelle Cow at Halloween hoedown singing and dancing

15. dancing/walking: Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Chip & Dale, three Country Bears (Big Al, Wendell, and Shaker)

16. float: Clara Cluck in a barn

17. float: Wreck-It Ralph in a candy truck

18. dancing/walking: nine candy gals twirling batons

19. float: Vanellope from Sugar Rush on a tricycle

20. dancing/walking: hyenas from Lion King (Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed)

21. float: five-piece skeleton band w/ two monsters in a cage on the back

22. dancing/walking: Oogie-Boogie, Cruella, Wicked Stepsisters, Queen of Hearts, Bowler Hat Guy, Dr. Facilier

23. float: Jafar, Maleficent, Wicked Queen

24. "The End" banner w/ one male and one female walking and holding each side

We’ve been able to. And also to refill the premium buckets, specifically the AK lotus bucket and Mickey pumpkin bucket.

I don't own the AK lotus bucket, the 2017 Mickey Pumpkin was a non issue were you able to refill the 2017 Oogie Boogie at all parks, what about flavored popcorn at Epcot? It would be awesome to hear more reports on refills especially with the Oogie Boogie. Thank you!

I thought this might be helpful for some people who are still planning their visits. This is a description of the 2018 MNSSHP parade that I put together after watching several videos taken this year. The parade minus the Headless Horseman is only 12 minutes long. My first ever Halloween party is on 9/9, and I wanted to know if I would be fine with missing any part of the parade so that I could use the extra time for something else. Turns out I'm only interested in 1-12, so I'm glad I checked in advance. Also glad I won't have to hear Clara Cluck in person!

2018 Parade

1. Headless Horseman (rides through parade route 10-15 minutes before parade starts, if the streets are dry)

2. Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade wheeled leader w/ two females, one on each side

3. dancing/walking: Tigger, Pooh, Goofy, Pluto, Snow White, Dopey, Alice, Mad Hatter, Aladdin, Jasmine, Rapunzel w/ Pascal, Flynn Rider

4. float: gazebo w/ Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy

5. dancing/walking: Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Wendy, two Lost Boys, two pirates

6. float: Tinker Bell on top of treasure chest and pile of gold

7. dancing/walking: ten flag-spinning pirates/buccaneers

8. float: pirate ship w/ Captain Barbossa and Jack Sparrow

9. dancing/walking: twelve gravediggers with shovels that they spark along the ground

10. float: gravestones

11. dancing/walking: sixteen ghost ballroom dancers

12. float: Haunted Mansion w/ hitchhiking ghosts (Gus, Ezra, and Phineas)

13. dancing/walking: twelve square-dancers

14. float: Clarabelle Cow at Halloween hoedown singing and dancing

15. dancing/walking: Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Chip & Dale, three Country Bears (Big Al, Wendell, and Shaker)

16. float: Clara Cluck in a barn

17. float: Wreck-It Ralph in a candy truck

18. dancing/walking: nine candy gals twirling batons

19. float: Vanellope from Sugar Rush on a tricycle

20. dancing/walking: hyenas from Lion King (Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed)

21. float: five-piece skeleton band w/ two monsters in a cage on the back

22. dancing/walking: Oogie-Boogie, Cruella, Wicked Stepsisters, Queen of Hearts, Bowler Hat Guy, Dr. Facilier

23. float: Jafar, Maleficent, Wicked Queen

24. "The End" banner w/ one male and one female walking and holding each side

WOW!!! Impressive list! This must have taken a lot of time so thanks for that. :thumbsup2

We’ve been able to. And also to refill the premium buckets, specifically the AK lotus bucket and Mickey pumpkin bucket.
Holy moly I've had the AK lotus bucket forever! Are they still giving those out/selling?? (We got ours free at one of the first RoL dining packages in 2016. )
^^^not a real question, I don't mean to be so OT just threw me off ;)

Hi I'm at the party right now - first time as never usually over here in August. We haven't seen any Halloween postcards anywhere and I've spent a lot of time in the shops.....!!

Thanks for letting me know! I'm not going to bother looking for any Halloween-specific postcards while I'm at MK then.

I don't own the AK lotus bucket, the 2017 Mickey Pumpkin was a non issue were you able to refill the 2017 Oogie Boogie at all parks, what about flavored popcorn at Epcot? It would be awesome to hear more reports on refills especially with the Oogie Boogie. Thank you!
Oogie Boogie was sold out by the time we arrived last year, so no experience with him :(

But yes, the flavored popcorn is included at Epcot, at least at the stand before the fountain in FW.

I am sitting down with my husband now to go over our itineraries for MNSSHP and our regular park day. I have a few questions. I am going to go back and search, but as we are talking, I wanted to go ahead and keep track of them:

1. Can I buy event pins from Frontier Trading Post before the party starts? Also, is there typically a long wait to buy these?
2. I know you can buy event merchandise before party guests are let in if you have a ticket, even the day before right? What about after your party? Can I buy party exclusive merchandise the day after our party as long as I have a ticket?
3. Does Pecos Bill start selling the Hades Nachos and Worms and Dirt at 6? Or will this not start until 7?
4. Same question for Sleepy Hollow and the Zero Waffle?
5. If we get a spot for the parade near the Hub, but leave after it to go to scream-o-ween ball, will we be able to find ok viewing for the fireworks? I don't think we really feel the need to have a great view of the castle, especially since we're not going to be watching Hocus Pocus. But I want to make sure the kids see the fireworks.

Need advice. We have reservations for MNSSHP dessert party on 9/9. It has a 70% chance of rain that night. Should I cancel dessert party and just enjoy rest of party even with rain? My DD really wanted to go to dessert party during MNSSHP. I don't want to spend money if they cancel fireworks for that night. For info purposes we are going to 3 parties the week we are there.

So frustrated....we bought 11 of the mystery villains pin boxes at the party. Big bad wolf was in every box and the 2nd pin in each box was either shan-yu or the old hag. Doing food and wine tomorrow so maybe i can find someone who wants to trade.......PM me if anyone wants to meet up but we leave tomorrow afternoon. HS tonight....

I know that Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox are roamers, but do they have a Photopass photographer following them? Or is it just a regular cast member who can take a picture with your own camera?
I did not see anyone staying very close to them. Mostly selfie pics being taken

Hoping that someone that participated in one of the parties can help here.... My DD would like to try the Candy Corn Ice Cream and/or the Candy Corn Milk Shake as she loves the candy corn flavor. She (and I) have read a few blogs where they stated that the ice cream (and shake) are just food colored vanilla ice cream with no candy corn flavor, yet Disney's website states candy corn flavored.

I'm asking if anyone has tried either and is it just glorified orange colored vanilla or is there a distinct candy corn flavor. She doesn't want it if the flavoring isn't there.
Thanks!!!
It did taste like candy corn to me. We did the shake. Grab a regular straw as well and be prepared to share as its a serious dose of sugar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter