"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the ticket. I see mine already on MDE, and they also emailed me a PDF for the event. Do you not get the lanyard anymore that people have shown in their photos from past events? Or do you have to stop at the gate to get the lanyard no matter what?

Lanyards are distributed when you check-in... that’s been the case for the 2016 and 2017 DAHs. That’s how they identify DAH guests vs people that need to leave the park (in the same way MNSSHP and MVMCP party people get wristbands). Presumably they’ll do lanyards again in 2018, although I suspect it’s certainly not the cheapest option for Disney and they could just as easily do wristbands if they wanted to.

Personally I really like the lanyard and hope it stays the same - it’s a nice hard laminated card that also serves as a lasting keepsake. DS will still put it on sometimes and walk around the house like he’s ready to go! :-)

Lanyards are distributed when you check-in... that’s been the case for the 2016 and 2017 DAHs. That’s how they identify DAH guests vs people that need to leave the park (in the same way MNSSHP and MVMCP party people get wristbands). Presumably they’ll do lanyards again in 2018, although I suspect it’s certainly not the cheapest option for Disney and they could just as easily do wristbands if they wanted to.

Personally I really like the lanyard and hope it stays the same - it’s a nice hard laminated card that also serves as a lasting keepsake. DS will still put it on sometimes and walk around the house like he’s ready to go! :-)

The card on the lanyard also gives all the details you need to know. Hours, what rides are open, food that's available, etc. It's handy having the info right there to refer to while there.

The card on the lanyard also gives all the details you need to know. Hours, what rides are open, food that's available, etc. It's handy having the info right there to refer to while there.

FWIW, I checked mine from this year the other day when someone was asking what rides are open, but mine did not have ride info. Just a graphic on the front and a few event details on the back about the sodas/popcorn/ice cream.

I have seen pics of the 2016 lanyard that did have ride info. Not sure if 2017 was all different or maybe had inconsistent lanyards during the dates? Who knows when it comes to Disney I guess. :-)

FWIW, I checked mine from this year the other day when someone was asking what rides are open, but mine did not have ride info. Just a graphic on the front and a few event details on the back about the sodas/popcorn/ice cream.

I have seen pics of the 2016 lanyard that did have ride info. Not sure if 2017 was all different or maybe had inconsistent lanyards during the dates? Who knows when it comes to Disney I guess. :-)

Just double checked mine from last year and it didn't have the rides listed. For some reason I thought it did! Still has some pretty handy info on it that you wouldn't get with a wristband if they ever did it that way.

So, the PDF of the tickets is more a formality because my Magic Bands should show my additional ticket purchases at the check in? Just wondering what the point of the PDF was if you still need to check in additionally. I'll print it out to be on the safe side regardless.

I just saw on Kenny the Pirate that Splash is now scheduled for a second rehab in January and won't open again until February 8! I really hope that is not true. Repeat rides on SM (just staying on boat and not even exiting) was a highlight of the last two DAH's I have been fortunate enough to do.

So, the PDF of the tickets is more a formality because my Magic Bands should show my additional ticket purchases at the check in? Just wondering what the point of the PDF was if you still need to check in additionally. I'll print it out to be on the safe side regardless.

To my understanding, that’s how it works. I’ve always ignored the PDF ticket e-mail for MNSSHPs and MVMCPs and pretty sure I did for DAH last year too - I just depend on Disney IT magic to make sure it’s all connected to MDE.

Smarter travelers than me would probably advise that it’s not a bad idea to bring a print out ‘just in case.’ :-)

I just saw on Kenny the Pirate that Splash is now scheduled for a second rehab in January and won't open again until February 8! I really hope that is not true. Repeat rides on SM (just staying on boat and not even exiting) was a highlight of the last two DAH's I have been fortunate enough to do.

BOOO TO YOU!!!!

Empty log splash photos are one the BEST parts about DAH!!!

I’m sure this has happened in the past, but a “second rehab” after an already extensive closure? Guess they want to have it open for the holidays then close it back down again. Grrrrrr..... :sad:

Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone confirm it will be closed again in January? That honestly makes no sense.

Did they give out a brochure that showed what rides were open since it wasn't on the lanyard?

Good question, I don't remember. I try to be good about keeping all paperwork/handouts in my files, but I either didn't this time or they didn't hand out anything.

If anyone happens to have a pamphlet or brochure from 2017 - if one was given - I'd be very grateful if you could scan/take a pic and post if possible. :thanks:

Good question, I don't remember. I try to be good about keeping all paperwork/handouts in my files, but I either didn't this time or they didn't hand out anything.

If anyone happens to have a pamphlet or brochure from 2017 - if one was given - I'd be very grateful if you could scan/take a pic and post if possible. :thanks:
Sorry I don't have a copy of it but they definitely had something. It was like a pamphlet similar to the ones they give out at the parties. Some people had trouble getting them -When we went on 2/2 (we got there around 6:00) they were not handing them out. They were at the stand where all the maps are.

Has anyone done all the rides during the DAH? I thought it would be fun for us to try (esp the ones we don’t normally ride).

Any strategies I should use? I was thinking of starting in Adventureland or Tomorrowland and working my way around.

Has anyone done all the rides during the DAH? I thought it would be fun for us to try (esp the ones we don’t normally ride).

Any strategies I should use? I was thinking of starting in Adventureland or Tomorrowland and working my way around.

Sounds like fun to me! My one bit of advice would be to try to do 7DMT towards the end, or alternatively, during fireworks earlier in the night. 7DMT had a somewhat consistent line on my night. It wasn't bad - maybe 15 mins or so - but a wait none the less.

I don't know if this has been asked (16 pages), but do you have to leave and reenter the park to get your lanyard? I saw a video on YouTube where the guy and his girlfriend pretended they were hiding in a bathroom to stay after park closing and ride empty rides which were left running 24/7, but they really had DAH. They didn't appear to leave, but the first page seems to indicate you line up at 7 PM outside to get your lanyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter