"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmmm...that wouldn’t fly for me! MAYBE a no-restriction FP. But what if you aren’t going to a park the next day?

Someone in front of am said she wasn’t going to be here tomorrow & he told her to see guest services. I will probably email tomorrow. Don’t want to waste more time tonight. Lucky I have posts here & texts to family as time stamps.

DH headed on mine train. I don’t Do coasters! :crazy2:

Just talked to a cast member at guest services in liberty Square. She is standing by the party line that we have to leave the park to get lanyards, and they will not be available until 7 o’clock. Again, I will report if that info changes.

Edit: Darren at the Main Entrance GR just checked and said we could get lanyards there, but not until 7:00.

I’m a dog with a bone at this point. It’s just frustrating getting different info for each party, especially since this seems to be a backtrack from the 26th, not an improvement.

Allowing people in early should not be expected. But there is no compelling reason against having lanyard distribution locations inside the park. Making people who spend this much on this event fight through fireworks crowds to get lanyards is poor customer service.
Darn, back to the craziness.:headache: What is it with Disney?! Why do they have to be such jerks at times.

I agree! I just emailed WDW guest communications, and would recommend others do so too! Disney will change things if people complain-for example, they used to allow people taking the VIP Star Wars tour at DHS get into the dessert party early, which meant they took up all the best tables, while everyone else was stuck waiting for the normal time for it to start. Enough people emailed to complain, that they changed the policy so the tour groups would get in at the same time as everyone else. (Of course now, the tour doesn't even include the dessert party, so wouldn't matter, but not the point...)
I emailed them this morning vocalizing my complaints with their lanyard pickup system.

All those stuck, I would definitely complain. Offering a fast pass is some sort of cruel joke. And then for it to be a restricted FP is downright infuriating. No way does that come close to compensating you for the 20-30 minutes you have lost on an event such as this. What about someone who is leaving Disney after this evening? They can't even use the darn thing.

Disney should give the option of THREE unrestricted FPs or a full refund. Guest's choice. Disney needs to do right by you folks. The way Disney is handling this is outrageous. I am fuming for you.

Sheesh, two events, two stuck rides. This event feels like Russian Roulette. You never know when they are going to pull the trigger and you are stuck for over 30 minutes. I won't even enjoy the ride for fear of wondering "Am I going to get stuck on this one?"

The list of rides to worry about is growing. But you can't avoid everything.

I hope word gets out about how poorly run administratively this event is. Bloggers need to get on it and put the pressure on Disney to get it together.

Last edited:
All those stuck, I would definitely complain. Offering a fast pass is some sort of cruel joke. And then for it to be a restricted FP is downright infuriating. No way does that come close to compensating you for the 20-30 minutes you have lost on an event such as this. What about someone who is leaving Disney after this evening? They can't even use the darn thing.

Disney should give the option of THREE unrestricted FPs or a full refund. Guests choice. Disney needs to do right by you folks. The way Disney is handling this is outrageous. I am fuming for you.

Sheesh, two events, two stuck rides. This event feels like Russian Roulette. You never know when they are going to pull the trigger and get people stuck for over 30 minutes. I won't even enjoy the ride for fear of wondering "Am I going to get stuck on this one?"
Pirates will be closed when we are there so that takes out one of the two rides, but I could see something else breaking down.

Back to my resort about 10 mins ago. Happy to report that the bus system worked beautifully tonight. Missed the first one, second one about 2 mins behind.

Did the following rides:
Pirates
BTMRR x2
Mansion
Buzz x2
Pirates
BTMRR x2
Mansion
Pan
Mine Train x2

Enjoyed 4 mickey bars, 1.5 popcorns, a coke and a water.

Currently I dont want to see a mickey bar again for a while!!!

Had a great time. More crowded than last year, but all were walk ons except mine train, which was in the 5-8 min wait range at 10:38, when we got in line.

It was chilly!!! Should have dressed a tad warmer.

Hope they do this again next year.

Anyone have any questions, im happy to try and answer

Just got done with the event and it was incredible. Longest wait I experienced all night was for 7dmt. I rode twice and from entering queue to exiting was a total of 10 minutes each time. They had us enter the Fastpass queue and each time the line extended a little into the outdoor area. I listed what I did below. Could have easily done more but took my time wandering around as well. Tried to ride Peoplemover after space mountain but it seems I was lucky to not have gotten on it sooner. It was still down around 9:15.

I had intended to do both meet and greets at princess fairytale hall but the waits were relatively long all night. Raspy zeal and Tiana had listed wait time of 30 minutes and the line was rather deep.

I arrived around 7:30. Went to Jungle cruise and then Peter Pan. From there the sequence is below. Also, for space mountain was able to have the cars entirely to myself both times. Both sides were open and it was empty.

On the bus back to Pop right now. Just me going to Pop and one family going to Art of Animation. No wait to for a bus and we left within 5 minutes of me boarding.

Sorry for all those that were stuck on Peoplemover.

7:45- Peter Pan

Big Thunder Mountain

Ice cream

Aladdin Carpets

Carousel

Mad tea party

Dumbo

Ariel

Little mermaid

Space mountain x2 - got in line first time at 9

Buzz lightyear

Seven dwarfs

It’s a small world

Philharmagic

Seven dwarfs

Big thunder

Popcorn

Country bears

Haunted mansion

Just got done with the event and it was incredible. Longest wait I experienced all night was for 7dmt. I rode twice and from entering queue to exiting was a total of 10 minutes each time. They had us enter the Fastpass queue and each time the line extended a little into the outdoor area. I listed what I did below. Could have easily done more but took my time wandering around as well. Tried to ride Peoplemover after space mountain but it seems I was lucky to not have gotten on it sooner. It was still down around 9:15.

I had intended to do both meet and greets at princess fairytale hall but the waits were relatively long all night. Raspy zeal and Tiana had listed wait time of 30 minutes and the line was rather deep.

I arrived around 7:30. Went to Jungle cruise and then Peter Pan. From there the sequence is below. Also, for space mountain was able to have the cars entirely to myself both times. Both sides were open and it was empty.

On the bus back to Pop right now. Just me going to Pop and one family going to Art of Animation. No wait to for a bus and we left within 5 minutes of me boarding.

Sorry for all those that were stuck on Peoplemover.

7:45- Peter Pan

Big Thunder Mountain

Ice cream

Aladdin Carpets

Carousel

Mad tea party

Dumbo

Ariel

Little mermaid

Space mountain x2 - got in line first time at 9

Buzz lightyear

Seven dwarfs

It’s a small world

Philharmagic

Seven dwarfs

Big thunder

Popcorn

Country bears

Haunted mansion
Really glad to hear someone’s experience going back to pop since that’s where we will be staying.

Yes! Walked up and handed the cards to a CM who scanned them and told us several locations where we could get lanyards. None of them were correct but we used our FP and finally got the lanyards around 7pm.
Omg that’s great to hear! We have our cards so I think I’ll plan on getting there at 5 now! I wonder if they would let us get in at 4 with the cards?

Uh oh. Stuck on peoplemover. Inside space mountain & lights are on. Sounds like space still running

Well that explains my only two complaints I had about tonight: I rode SPace Mountain 3 Times in a row, but there were some bright lights lit up against the wall which ruined the complete darkness of the ride. While still dark, I could clearly make out the train tracks and took away one of the reasons I love this ride so much. It didnt ruin the evening because, c’mon, I rode it literally three times in a row, so it must not have been that horrible. But because the lighting effects were kinda bringing the whole experience down, I decided it would be great to hop on over to PeopleMover at 10:30p only to discover it not running. And now it all just clicked that the lights were probably on to fix PeopleMover. This, by no means, ruined the night for me, but at least now I think I have the answer why those annoying lights were on during Space Mountain.

Also wanted to add that I had gone to the info center in Town Square approximately at 6p and the CM informed me that I’d have to leave the park at 7p and then come back in the park to get my DAH lanyard. This turned out not to be true. I immediately headed towards the exit turnstiles and saw staff handing the DAH lanyards to guests coming in at 6:00pm. I did actually have to leave the park, but was immediately able to get scanned in for the event and was back in the park in less than 5 minutes total. This was more ideal for me because this was my first time seeing both Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After and I want to find some really nice viewing spots early. It all worked out rather nicely. I’ll add more about my DAH experience later, but first it’s time for some much needed sleep.:faint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!