"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We (me, DS11, Mom and sister), went to DAH last night and had a blast!

We ate dinner at WCC and then took the boat over to MK. That was the longest wait we had all night! We arrived at 6:58 and got right in. We had a FP for Buzz at 7:10 and made it through in about 10 min. After that we ran over Space Mountain. It was down earlier in the day during our FP time so we were allowed to come back later in the day to ride. There was literally no wait at all! We jumped on People Mover (which seems to have been the best move since it broke down later in the night... sorry for all of you!) and jumped off there at 7:50 right in time for my mother and sister to go watch HEA. My son and I ran over to Barnstormer and rode 5 times in a row (not getting off) while the fireworks went off above. After that, we began our night!

Winnie the Pooh - The cast members had a lot of people coming up without lanyards and they were turning them away. No wait at all, walk on.

Snack - 2 Mickey Bars, 1 ice cream sandwich and a bottle of water

Peter Pan - minimal wait (maybe 3 min)

Haunted mansion - Stretching room was about 1/2 full. Doors opened just as got we walked up. Entered at 8:42.

Frontierland Shooting Gallery

Btmrr - rode twice with no wait! We did have to get off and get back in line but my son got the back both times so he was happy!

Snack - popcorn and 2 bottles of water

PoTC - no wait. Entered at 9:33.

Jingle Cruise (yes, JINGLE Cruise! Our amazing skipper obliged a request from someone on our boat and it was hilarious! All of the cast members we encountered last night were super upbeat and accommodating)

Space mountain - entered at 10:07. Total walk on. Both sides were open so we got to board on the “A” side. As mentioned above, the lights were on where the People Mover broke down but I actually likes seeing the tracks and inner workings of SM.

Buzz - walk on

Snack - Bottle of water and a frozen banana

Tea cups - 3 times. Special request from my sister and son. I sat this one out and enjoyed my banana and the quiet.

SDMT - entered at 10:32 and only had a 5 min wait (MDE said 30 min). We did get stuck on the track twice with the first stop occurring on the climb up the hill. We didn’t want to take any chances of getting stuck for longer so we only rode once.

Little mermaid - never rode this before. Completely deserted... We were the only ones on.

Snack (10:56) - IC sandwich

We watched the kiss goodnight and took some Photopass pics and then headed out. The TTC monorail line was closed so everyone was on the resort side. Lines were so long and after 5-7 min with no monorail in sight, we walked to Bay Lake Tower and called a Lyft to take us back to the Beach Club.

All in all, we found it well worth the cost (we got the AP rate) and would totally do it again. The three hours FLEW by and we did feel a bit rushed to get everything in. We probably would have done more re-rides if we had more time.

Here are some pics of the “crowds”.

797C3B66-576A-478E-AF3A-9E8BCF28C0DC.jpeg 3EFE7733-8014-4377-ABF9-F129CC341139.jpeg 9AD7BCF6-C7CE-4192-8C92-2C69A45B42C4.jpeg 211416B1-38CE-4ABB-85E1-2F6E46012BC7.jpeg 113A0134-0F35-4683-8091-AD86618B08F0.jpeg 670A261F-CAF1-45FD-B3D5-82205B928C62.jpeg

Well, we’re sitting at the airport about to head home after an amazing trip that included DVC Moonlight Magic, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, visits to all four parks and, of course, Disney After Hours!

Holy moly...are you going to post about your experience somewhere at some point? I'm dying to do this next time we go back...

Holy moly...are you going to post about your experience somewhere at some point? I'm dying to do this next time we go back...

I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. I purposely didn’t read reviews beforehand, as I wanted to be surprised.

I’ll just say it’s the most immersive, incredible technology I’ve ever experienced. I’m a 45-year-old woman and not a “gamer.” I like Star Wars but don’t love it. With all that said, this was mind blowing. I would have done it again as soon as we finished if I could have. My husband and my 10-year-old niece also loved it.

It really is amazing. Surpassed all expectations!

Wait you got in at 5? Did you use the physical dah cards?

Yes! Walked up and handed the cards to a CM who scanned them and told us several locations where we could get lanyards. None of them were correct but we used our FP and finally got the lanyards around 7pm.

Was this at the regular ticket entrances?

OMG I'M SO EXCITED! I was going to link the tickets to my magic bands I have on the way but maybe I'll leave them unlinked. Only thing is- my friend and her daughter that are coming with chose e-delivery for their tickets so stopping at guest services and exchanging them are going to slow us down but I'll just plan extra time for that. REALLY hoping to get in at 5!! pixiedust:

If anyone had their DAH tickets linked to Magic Bands got in BEFORE 6- please do tell! :ssst:

We went last night, 1/30. It was me, my husband, 8 year old boy, and 4 year old boy. We showed up about 5:40. There was a cm holding the event sign, but she told us to come back at 7. We took a trip on the resort monorail and by the time we were done at about 6:10, they were all set up with lanyards and we entered the park.

From 6:15-8:00 we rode Speedway with a FP and Haunted Mansion with a FP, IASM, People Mover, and met Buzz. From 8-11 we did the following in the following order:

Buzz x3
Astro Orbitor
Tea Cups
Pooh
Ice cream
Under the Sea
Mine Train
Peter Pan
BTMRR
Pirates
Carousel
Mine Train x 2
Haunted Mansion

We all had a lot of fun and I would do this again. Longest wait was for Minetrain, but that was only about 10 minutes. My only complaint was that there were not enough snack carts. I really wanted some popcorn, but every time we came to a cart with popcorn there were at least 5 people in line and I didn’t want to waste ride time.

My 4 year old did extremely well. We decided to go stroller free for this event and he was running around with us until 11:30 when we finally exited the park. He fell asleep in my arms waiting for the bus. We are at Riverside and thought the bus service was ok. We didn’t make the first bus, but another one came along in about 15 minutes. We made it back to our room shortly after midnight.

OMG I'M SO EXCITED! I was going to link the tickets to my magic bands I have on the way but maybe I'll leave them unlinked. Only thing is- my friend and her daughter that are coming with chose e-delivery for their tickets so stopping at guest services and exchanging them are going to slow us down but I'll just plan extra time for that. REALLY hoping to get in at 5!! pixiedust:

If anyone had their DAH tickets linked to Magic Bands got in BEFORE 6- please do tell! :ssst:
Our tickets linked automatically to my MDE account. We did receive the hard tickets in the mail as well.

For those who used their plastic DAH tickets to get in, did they scan your MB as well?

Jingle Cruise (yes, JINGLE Cruise! Our amazing skipper obliged a request from someone on our boat and it was hilarious! All of the cast members we encountered last night were super upbeat and accommodating)

Love this! That is #castcompliment worthy, for sure. I know some people don’t like the Jingle Cruise, but I love it.

We have ours linked to our MB’s but I’m just going to bring the dah tickets and use those instead to get in.

Good news! I went to guest relations at the front of Magic Kingdom this afternoon to nicely complain, asking for any possible compensation for the people mover debacle last night. Four members of my family were stuck for about 35 minutes. I'd have been happy with three anytime anywhere fast passes per person or $60 refund. I feel that would have been objectively fair. I'm not one to ask for undeserved or unpaid for handouts. But I also mentioned I'd also be interested in checking on adding an extra Magic Kingdom park day onto my and my daughter's account to go later in the week. Originally we'd only purchased two park days plus DAH. He added two complimentary park passes to our accounts, one for each of us, as compensation for people mover. My husband isn't interested in going again (party pooper lol) and my son already has an annual pass so he was already set. So I am more than happy with this. Stoked for our free Magic Kingdom day this Friday! Wish I'd taken note of the cast member's name.

Good news! I went to guest relations at the front of Magic Kingdom this afternoon to nicely complain, asking for any possible compensation for the people mover debacle last night...He added two complimentary park passes to our accounts, one for each of us, as compensation for people mover.
Wow!! I would have been ecstatic too. That is excellent.:dogdance:

Unfortunately DAH is going to be my last day there so I wonder what compensation they would offer in lieu of extra tickets. I mean I would gladly take a park ticket if I knew I'd be coming back sometime soon. My friend did mention going back on Labor Day. But I said I would probably jump off a bridge before I dared to venture to Disney during a holiday.

Anyhoo, here's hoping nothing breaks down and strands anyone again. I much rather simply enjoy my DAH.

Actually speaking of rides breaking down, seems like an awful lot of rides are breaking down. During first DAH, Pirates broke down. Last night it was People Mover and somebody mentioned Pooh was closed..

Is this common for Disney? I wouldn't know, but it doesn't seem like this percentage of rides are breaking down during the day . Does it seem like more rides are breaking down later in the evening?

People Mover broke down multiple times during my trip last week. I'd see it stopped a lot and once there was an evac that we knew of. Pirates was also closed for a while one day we were there last week.

With rides running non stop for so long there are bound to be breakdowns, so not really a "new" thing; just bad luck that it happened during DAH.

I mean, look at those recent articles about animatronic heads falling off at overseas parks. At least that didn't happen! pirate:

People Mover broke down multiple times during my trip last week. I'd see it stopped a lot and once there was an evac that we knew of. Pirates was also closed for a while one day we were there last week.

With rides running non stop for so long there are bound to be breakdowns, so not really a "new" thing; just bad luck that it happened during DAH.

I mean, look at those recent articles about animatronic heads falling off at overseas parks. At least that didn't happen! pirate:
I see. People Mover seems particularly susceptible with all that breaking down going on. Good thing I have it scheduled to ride during the day. Pirates has me a little worried but I'll have to take my chances in the evening.

I see. People Mover seems particularly susceptible with all that breaking down going on. Good thing I have it scheduled to ride during the day. Pirates has me a little worried but I'll have to take my chances in the evening.

Right. Peoplemover stopped on us for about 3 minutes during a normal day ride last week, but that could have been a loading/unloading issue and not mechanical. We still "risked" Pirates on the 26th DAH and it was fine. Gotta live dangerously!

Right. Peoplemover stopped on us for about 3 minutes during a normal day ride last week, but that could have been a loading/unloading issue and not mechanical. We still "risked" Pirates on the 26th DAH and it was fine. Gotta live dangerously!
This cracked me up for some reason. I might have to bring a flask for a little liquid courage before stepping on each ride:D.

And I would probably need tranquilizers before I ventured anywhere near people mover as my nerves would be shot during the entire ride in anticipation of disaster befalling. No, I am staying far away from that one. I'd rather Bungie jump using dental floss than get anywhere near people mover during DAH. :yo-yo:

Last edited:
This cracked me up for some reason. I might have to bring a flask for a little liquid courage before stepping on each ride:D.

And I would probably need tranquilizers before I ventured anywhere near people mover as my nerves would be shot during the entire ride in anticipation of disaster befalling. No, I am staying far awake from that one. I'd rather Bungie jump using dental floss than get anywhere near people mover during DAH. :yo-yo:
It could happen on any ride though. Someone said they got stuck on 7dmt too. It definitely wasn’t as long of an issue but still happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter