"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And also it’s annoying when they have evening EMH and the fireworks start at the beginning. So you end up loosing 20-30 minutes of EMH!

I actually complained to Guest Services via email about that before our previous trip. It was a long email including cancelling the express transport bus, removing rides, etc, and the CM ended up giving us anytime FPs for 4 of the days we were there (1 set each park)!
Good for you, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

That evening EMH is even worse. Only 30 minutes left after the fireworks is ridiculous. People shouldn't have to choose. C'mon Disney, finish normal park activities and then let us have our extra fun.

My wife and I were at the 1/26 event and had a blast. I didn't want to overthink and overplan it. Just wanted to enjoy the low crowds and do whatever we felt like doing. As many others have said, there were more people than I expected but not once did I feel like the park was crowded or had too many people. It did amaze me the amount of people that were waiting in a long Peter Pan or Mine Train lines. If there was a line, I moved on. We entered the park around 6:45...between 6:45 and 8 we did:

Country Bear Jamboree
Mad Tea Party
People Mover
Space Mountain x2 (they let us through the fast pass line)

8pm - 11pm (we started by taking advantage of a deserted fantasyland)
Under the Sea
Peter Pan's Flight
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad x2
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree (yeah we had to do it again :-)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Snack break!
Astro Orbitor
By this time it was 10:50 and we decided to cap the night off with a Jungle Cruise ride

For us it wasn't about riding a specific ride as much as possible. We went to have fun and we did. It was the final night of a 12 day vacation and it couldn't have been better.

I would like to know if guests were allowed to use the fast pass entrance for Under the Sea or if you had to walk through entire the entire interactive line.

That evening EMH is even worse. Only 30 minutes left after the fireworks is ridiculous. People shouldn't have to choose. C'mon Disney, finish normal park activities and then let us have our extra fun.
@Arubaflower - The evening EMH is actually for the 2 hours after the park closes to regular guests. With HEA scheduled that late, it helps to keep guests out of attraction Standby lines.

Good for you, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

Oh, I sort of overdid it on the complaining that trip! Not just for Disney, but Universal changed hours on me so it was only open until 7. When I complained via email they gave both me and my sister unlimited express passes for free! Turns out we didn’t need them because every single ride was a walk on all day, and we even left around 5 since we had done everything we wanted multiple times!

I'd like to meet Rapunzel as I never had, and really wouldn't want to wait for it on a regular day. What's Princess Fairytale Hall like? is there a line for each princess? how long has the line been? I wouldn't want to wait more than a few minutes for a quick hello/picture.

We did this on Friday night. We got our lanyards at 7pm. DAH didn't start till 8pm. HEA was at 8pm as well. With everyone lining up for HEA, we were able to do both lines (2 princesses in each line) between 7:30 and 7:50. There was maybe one or two families in each line. You should be able to get it done before DAH starts.

We are going to be driving. We're planning to arrive about 1PM. Are we going to have any problems getting back to our car afterwards? Will the boats and trams be running? Our party night ends at 11PM.

Well, I hope the rest of our trip goes this smooth. We are sitting at the gate waiting for our flight. We have never flown on a Monday morning before. It took us 31 minutes from our door to clearing security! It takes about 20 minutes to drive to the airport. From parking our car til past security, we never stopped moving. We are doing carryons only, so went directly to TSA precheck. No one in line for the agent or at the screening belt. Already got a text from Tiffany on who our driver will be today. Let’s hope this means good things to come! 1 hour til take off!! :goodvibes

We are going to be driving. We're planning to arrive about 1PM. Are we going to have any problems getting back to our car afterwards? Will the boats and trams be running? Our party night ends at 11PM.

Boats run. They were running last year. Trams were running too.

All right 1/30 crew.... your day is almost here. Easily the most popular night on the DIS DAH guest list, for whatever reason (maybe because it’s the sole Tuesday DAH night?). Roll call!

@OhhBother
@krauh
@sdomino11
@BurTam
@focusondisney
@amandaleigh2
@Limes96
@Amanda&Mike
@Aflyingbuttress
@Karen46
@Euby
@dolewhipdreams
@Lsdolphin
@mcurrence
@katherine52478
@kmc8826
@SteveH
@lulu2121
@subtchr
@TropicalDIS
@Staren
@fgnghg5821
@intricatejewel
@flyersud99
@theme_park_mom
@summerlvr
@happiest place
@Thomasfouraker
@Armycavprincess

Looking a bit chilly I guess (51 degrees at 8pm forecast), but otherwise I hope everyone has a GREAT time tomorrow! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Game plan for us is to get to MK around noon, exhaust 3 fastpasses then drive to our cabin at FW for a nap till 5:30-6 when we head back over for the rest of the night.

We have 3 January Rider Switch Passes for 7DMT and Fastpasses again for 7DMT for Thursday as well so I doubt we will ride it tomorrow night unless it is an absolute walk on. Going to try and take advantage of everything else though!

Also, read previously that the PhotoPass on 7DMT wasn't working on the first DAH. Can anyone validate this or if the other rides (BUZZ, POC, etc) with Photopass are in effect for DAH?

Thanks!

Tokorrow’s our night! We got here Sunday evening. Did Hollywood Studios yesterday morning and then played in the rain at a very empty DVC Moonlight Magic event at Magic Kingdom last night.

Very much looking forward to DAH! We did it last year, so we know what to expect. It’s going to be cold, but there’s no rain in the forecast. Of course, we literally danced our way around the park in the rain til midnight last night!

I'd like to meet Rapunzel as I never had, and really wouldn't want to wait for it on a regular day. What's Princess Fairytale Hall like? is there a line for each princess? how long has the line been? I wouldn't want to wait more than a few minutes for a quick hello/picture.

Yes, you can meet Rapunzel. We were there last Fri. He 26th.
Fairytale hall has one line for Cinderella/Mystery Princess (Elena) and then you exit & re enter line for Rapunzel/Tiana if you want to meet all 4. There was only one person ahead of us in first line, no one ahead of us in 2nd line.
Looking at my photos we met:
Elena 8:33
Cinderella 8:34
Rapunzel 8:39
Tiana 8:41
Rode under the Sea, then met Ariel in her Grotto at 9:01

But if you only care about meeting Rapunzel only enter through the line for her & Tiana.

We did miss out on the Storybook Circus Characters, they close at 7:30. I thought that they were open until 8pm but they actually close at the earlier time.

Also, read previously that the PhotoPass on 7DMT wasn't working on the first DAH. Can anyone validate this or if the other rides (BUZZ, POC, etc) with Photopass are in effect for DAH?

Thanks!

Yes, photo pass working at POC, 7DMT, Space Mountain during DAH

We did BUZZ before 8 & photo pass was working then so assume it was for DAH

Yes, we drove from POP. No problems at all getting back to TTC, ferry loading & we walked right on at 11:20, lots of parking trams running & we walked right on there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!