"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are there...yay!

I was reminded over NYE that “Florida Cold” is a really cold version of cold. It’s a more humid kind of cold and if it’s windy, watch out. DS and I literally put on every piece of clothing we brought with us the night of 1/1. We couldn’t get to anything in our pockets, but we were warm!

Have fun @TheFloatingBear. :-)
Thanks, @GADisneyDad14 ! I'm so excited! Regarding the weather, I thought I was impervious to the Florida cold, given my hearty New England stock, but it's really quite chilly and you'e right about the wind! It' supposed to be in the 50s but it feels quite a bit colder! I will need multiple layers, which will cover up my cool Birthday shirt my friend made me - boo! pooh:

Going on 2/8 as well! What does the weather say? ;)

As of this morning- High 76°/Low 55°- low chance of rain. :thumbsup2 Presently, it is one of the warmest days that week, but I think it will still feel chilly at night. My biggest concern is rain; we can bundle up for the cold. Given we are pretty much traveling to WDW just for this event, rain would be a REAL bummer!

WDW newbie here...first post ever
Found out about DAH last week after binging on Dis podcasts (thanks Pete and crew!) and was so excited it overlapped our holiday! We booked in for Feb 8! Add us to the guest list!

Got you added. And :welcome: to the DIS!

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the 2 sell outs. I want it to be cost effective for Disney to continue this event. But I don't want them thinking it's so popular they should increase the number of tickets they sell.

Personally, I haven't even been yet but I'm already considering which week would be best for next year. :scratchin

Add me to the list for February 15th! First timer here super excited! A tad worried that my 10 year old will be able to make it that late.
We’re taking our 9 yo niece and her mom said she will be fine. She likes to stay up late. I’m more worried about rd the next morning at ak. Luckily we won’t be heading for fop but still. Her mom said she will let DN have a little bit of coffee this one time. Surprisingly DN is so excited to have that little bit of coffee lol.

Hi all, another newbie here. I am going to on Feb 8th too.

We will also be there during the day, so I'm keenly interested to see if tonight's group can get lanyards earlier than 7pm, particularly people already in the park. Having to wait until 7pm is crazy for people who are already in the park. We're doing the fireworks dessert party that starts at 6:45pm and would hate to have to leave a paid event just to go pick up our lanyards. I don't understand Disney's reasoning on making it so inconvenient for in-park people. Bad enough we have to come all the way back front but to make us do it at 7pm is simply mean. Especially when Once Upon a time starts at 7:15pm.

I just don't understand why they don't make lanyards available to be picked up at Guest Services at any time when you're in the park.

First time poster here. We are from the Jax. Fl area so not too far from Disney. We decided on becoming AP holders for 2018 after we made five trips during 2017. My 4 year old daughter loves it, and my boy who is about to turn 2 is beginning to enjoy it as well. My wife and I are really comfortable in the vigilance Disney Restaurants exercise in respect to food allergies which makes the trip worry free for us.

Ever since I found out about DAH, I knew I wanted to attend one. Looking at the schedule I felt the Jan. 30th may be the most favorable for low crowd potential given it's on a Tuesday, not around MLK day nor Presidents Day and during a back to school transitional period. Also hoping it allowed for the newness to perhaps wear off for those who were eagerly awaiting the opportunity to attend, the bloggers, vloggers etc who attend such. We will see if my assumption is correct as we have found slow times is Disney is better described as "less busy", still being busy nonetheless.

With that said my family will be there the Jan. 30th for DAH and are looking forward to it! If this meets expectations, I hope to bring my sister during March who is getting Chemo as this atmosphere lends itself to be far more favorable for wheelchair bound attendees who can maneuver better. She along with her two sons were AP holders until she became sick and I am sure she would love an event such as this that don't come with the obstacles of an average day at the MK.

Happy to have found this place and look forward to hearing more reviews! Thanks for those who have contributed thus far! Have a great weekend!

We were going to save all the marquee rides for after hours. But after reading about some of the crowds and wait times this last event, I have scrambled to try to fit some of them in during the day. Especially since we will be down to 2 1/2 hours because we want to watch the fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter