"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had an absolute blast! We got to MK around 7:45 for morning EMH, left for a 4:15 'Ohana dinner, and were back in the park at 6. Between the regular day and the DAH, we were able to do 34 attractions (including lots of repeats....7 times on BTMRR alone!) It was so worth it. I did see a few longer lines at some snack carts, but we never waited at any we went to. We waited to do 7DMT until toward the end and it wasn't a walk on like the others but we only waited 2 trains or so each time. I would definitely do it again!

Hi all! :wave2:

Given the enforced 6:30/45ish-7PM entry time by Disney for DAH ticket holders last Friday, just a quick reminder for those with park and DAH tickets linked on the same MDX Profile....if you enter the park pre-7PM by using a hard ticket or a MB, your entry will use/deduct a regular ticket entitlement.

You want to make sure to enter the park via gates designated for DAH at whatever time they start letting people in, which presumably will be closer to 7PM if Friday’s pattern holds.

Obviously the above doesn’t apply to APs or if you were already OK using your ticket entitlement that day anyway.

Just don't want anyone to accidentally use a ticket day by heading in at 4pm!

Have fun everyone.

We had an absolute blast! We got to MK around 7:45 for morning EMH, left for a 4:15 'Ohana dinner, and were back in the park at 6. Between the regular day and the DAH, we were able to do 34 attractions (including lots of repeats....7 times on BTMRR alone!) It was so worth it. I did see a few longer lines at some snack carts, but we never waited at any we went to. We waited to do 7DMT until toward the end and it wasn't a walk on like the others but we only waited 2 trains or so each time. I would definitely do it again!
Great to hear!

So perhaps hitting SDMT first thing is the way to go? Seems many people waited until 10 pm or later to do fantasyland and found 15-30 minute waits for SDMT.

I will be using an ECV during my trip. I am not looking forward to having to exit/re-enter the park to get a lanyard and then have to "drive" through the fireworks crowds. Hopefully they figure things out a little better by the 30th.

I will be using an ECV during my trip. I am not looking forward to having to exit/re-enter the park to get a lanyard and then have to "drive" through the fireworks crowds. Hopefully they figure things out a little better by the 30th.

I can’t imagine what a pain that could be for you! I would consider addressing this early in the evening- maybe go up to the front of the park Guest Services around 5:00 or so.

I can’t imagine what a pain that could be for you! I would consider addressing this early in the evening- maybe go up to the front of the park Guest Services around 5:00 or so.

I agree - especially after looking at the pictures in Josh's review - that would be a pain. I'm going this Friday so I'll try to see if things are any more streamlined, although I'm not exactly sure what time we'll be getting there but I'll try to get some scoop.

We were staying at the YC friday and the bus had everyone from the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club and it was packed. The first stop was at the Swan so we got off and walked across the bridge to the YC. We left the MK at 10:55 and we’re back in our room at around 11:40.

This post has me so glad we made our reservation for one night at BLT. We already had a 4 night rez from 3/2-3/6 at BCV, so when the dates for DAH were announced, we added on an extra night and BCV was already sold out. Didn't really want to do a split stay, but a studio at BLT became available and we jumped on it. Now, I'm so glad we did. We are leaving our 2 year old with a babysitter and I would hate to have to deal with the buses on the way back.

Was the back path around Main Street open during EAH? In case was just want to zoom past the fireworks crowds.

A friend and I are doing a quick trip to the parks this weekend, and we've got our tickets for DAH this Friday! We're also planning to hit Trader Sam's prior to 7 PM; does anyone know if you can have your souvenir glass sent to your hotel room?

I've seen the list of attractions that will be open during the event, but has anyone put together a list of rides that won't be? I saw CoP is not on the open list (not entirely a surprise) and that's a must-ride for me, so once we get our lanyards and in through the gate I'll be making a bee-line for that. I'm wondering what else we should squeeze in prior to the 8 PM start.

OMG!!! Two days, y'all! I can't wait. We get in to MCO at noon, we're going to swing by HS eat at SciFi and ride a few things and then park hop up to MK. I have 5:10 ressies for BOG for apps and dessert (and maybe an adult beverage!) and then head to the front for my Lanyard and then get the party started!

I'm so excited, I can't stand myself!

I'm finally getting on here to update our trip. This was my first time with DAH and we haven't explored MK as much as others on this board so we didn't have a plan going into it. We arrived later than expected due to issues with getting our resort door open at CBR, I'd say we arrived around 7:30, went through the normal turnstiles since I couldn't see anything specifically noted for DAH. Asked about the lanyards, and had to re-enter at the left most open turnstiles. I was a little worried because DS4 hadn't napped at all on the way to FL, but he was so excited the Disney adrenaline kept him going until around 10:55. Once we entered we took the main street bypass towards tomorrowland to ride the Peoplemover (one of DD13's favorites). We went on the Speedway a few times, the snack cart over there had no line while we were in that section. A few rounds of teacups, we had noticed at this point people without lanyards were being turned away from rides. We kind of hopped all over the place after this, only stopped for snacks one other time with minimal wait. I think the only ride we waited for was towards the end of the night we had to wait for one elevator for the Astro Orbiter. We did stop at the Main St. Bakery at the end of the night, that place was a mad house. We probably left right at 11 and had no problem getting on a bus, I didn't notice how many other resorts shared the bus since we must have been one of the first stops. (I figured people with $ for DAH all stayed at the monorail resorts).

We had such a great time that I'm almost convinced it's the only way to do MK. I'm the only AP holder in the family, but got our 3 tickets for that price, I think it was completely worth it. I would even consider making a special trip just for that. You can get through the park so much faster. I'd imagine if we actually planned it out we would have done 2x the rides we did.

3lvysqtk2wuy135lu7yoix9f0

Last edited:
Yes the bypass was open when we entered around 7:30ish. We ended up taking it without me really remembering it being closed other times, we were able to get to the tomorrowland area pretty quickly.

Thank you. I wonder what time they actually opened it.

For anyone going and looking to avoid the HEA/Main Street/Hub madness, the bypass is an excellent option - IF it’s open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!